cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

wpd
I Plan to Stick Around
Anyone returning or planning on returning their 6 Plus ?

eberkelmans
I'm Here A Lot

According to this... http://pineapplenetwork.com/iphone6/ON

Yorkdale has 6+ 16 gigs in... I called and they said 'nope, none all day' even put me on hold to look and still said nothin.

Got my hopes up for nothing

and just as quickly as I wrote that post, it vanished. It was there for a good 20 minuts though.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello eberkelmans

The site doesn't give accurate info at times. This has happened before I noticed it

sngops
I Plan to Stick Around
so their system must be wack or something is wrong
you can't even select Yorkdale on the apple site now

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello wpd

I don't think many will unless they don't like it. Why?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello technobrat

Oh be got in a fight with them and they gave him a brand new 5 and a free case lol.

wpd
I Plan to Stick Around
Meowmix, am I wrong or did you used to post a hands on review of the new device once you got it ?

wpd
I Plan to Stick Around
Meowmix

Curious to see if anyone is disappointed with the 6 Plus or having issues with the size.

JeremyB
I Plan to Stick Around
I got the 6+ yesterday. I'll be returning it tomorrow. I find it too big. I think the 6 is better for me.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello wpd

I usually do but because work has been headache and hectic i haven't had time to post a full review. I shall be doing it tonight if not tomorrow then 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JeremyB

Hopefully you can get a 6!. I love the size of the phone. 3 people on the TTC today asked me about it and looked at it. Then i have teenagers look at me lol.( i am 24 so i find it funny lol)

JeremyB
I Plan to Stick Around
im a big texted. I've become used to texting with one hand. With my short fingers, it's impossible. I wanted to love it sooo badly!! Lol

medaz
I Plan to Stick Around

I've noticed Apple's site does go out of whack and not being able to select certain stores. I think their systems are updating inventory and during that time the system is not accurate.

Seems to come back online properly just after midnight EST.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JeremyB

haha yeah i do the same but i normally use Swipe on it 😛

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello medaz

It most likely is that or the glitch that is happening with the US Servers & now with us.

Georgekhoshaba
I Plan to Stick Around
Can anyone comfirm that it's true my 6+ will bend if i put it in my fromt pocket? I'm scared out of my life, i hope it's only a few defective phones.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Georgekhoshaba

Its not a few, Reports are coming in like crazy that many have reported that if you sit on it or have it in ur front pocket & bend down fast, it will bend it. Apple should really fix this or at least do something about it.

Georgekhoshaba
I Plan to Stick Around
Now i'm terrified, at least it's a manufacturers defect though so it would be a free replacement, but still... I was so terrified i didn't even put my iphone in my pants.

Shaown
I Plan to Stick Around
Yeah anyone with the 6 Plus do be careful, it can and will bend if you move the wrong way. It seems to bend quite easily.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM

Check that link for proof as well as to see how much pressue it takes roughly.

Also ios 8 is no longer available for download because of all the issues it's having. I know i've had wifi and battery problems with my new iPhone 6. Anyone else having these issues?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone

So here is my Review on the iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray Model. So as many know i have made this wonderful thread ( LOL) & i was number #11 for the 128GB Space Gray iPhone 6 Plus. I got mine shipped on Friday & got it Saturday afternoon after all the systems went up & live. Upon look at the box it looked huge. I did not open the box until later on in the store & noticed how big it is compared to my S5. Everyone in the store was looking at me & at the device. A girl right beside me asked to look at it as her & her mother got the iPhone 6. Its HUGE it thought in my head lol. Turned it on & started setting it up. Pretty easy so far until i had to redownload all the apps which took a bit of time but that is normal with any device. I also got the Bluetooth speaker which is a bonus & it sounds AMAZING!

The Design

Honestly the device is overall a beautiful & gorgeous device i have seen. The only issue i have is that the camera ring should have been inside not coming out like that but its nothing major to make me change my mind about the design. It looks like Apple to the design from the HTC One M7 / M8 & changed it up & made it into this. My only complaint is that the back is not good when you have water on ur hands or any oil or anything like that is its very slippery. It can fall & damage it that happens. Wish Apple would have put atleast grips on the anntena lines so that way it could have helped. Again this isn't a huge issue but many may find it as one. We have the bending issue that is going on. If you have the device in your front pocket or back pocket & bend or sit on it, it may bend & not go back. This is a issue that most are having i noticed & it bends right underneath the volume bottons. Hopefully Apple is aware of this & will have a exchange program for this & anyone who has this issue, can get a new one without questions asked. So be careful with that please. Mine has not had this done yet & i am hoping it does not but i do have Apple care.

The Screen

Honestly the screen is really vivid & beatiful. Its sharp & shows all the colors / black in the right spot. It has been voted as the best mobile screen thus far as well. The screen on my S5 is amazing but i must say the iPhone 6 + has a beautiful 1080p screen!.It honestly brings out the best viewing experiance out there!. You will love looking at pictures or videos on this device!

The Battery

The battery on the 6+ is 2950mAh. It can last you for well over 12hrs on heavy usage. Today it lasted me around 15 hrs on Standby & 13.7 hours on usage. So its not that bad at all. It outbeats my S5 so i will give it that. lol. Just charge the device properly & you will not have a issue. Let it die when u first get it & then fully charge it after. Something that many do not know is that the iPhone 6 & 6+ have fast charging enabled. The problem is that the wall adapter is not made for that so the device will charge slower. I have mine charging on USB via my power bar which has 2 USB ports to charge devices like that so mine charges within an hour that way unlike the wall adapter which takes 2.5 hours or 2 hours & gets hot.

IOS 8

IOS 8 is a improvemnet over the last IOS updates. I do like many features on is. I like how Apple enabled landscape for the 6+. This makes it really great for the device as its large. IOS is faster then before. I have noticed it open up apps qiucker & without any issues whats so ever. The phone turns on within a few seconds. So no more minutes waiting lol.

Call quality & Signal

The iPhone 6+ has great if not amazing call qauility on it. I can hear the other person clear & they can hear my clear as well. The Microphone is also clear & so far beats out the rest of the devices i have used lol. The speaker is not as loud as i hoped it would be. The HTC One M7 / M8 & Blackberry Z30 have still the best speakers on any mobile device out there. Hoepfully Apple does make the speaker a bit more better & put in Stereo speaker instead of Mono that is it. The problem the iPhone 6, LG G3 & the S5. All running on Rogers & in the same line all together. The S5 & G3 got full bars of signal & the iPhone 6+ got only 3 bars of signal. This has been a issue with the devices & Apple is fixing it with their next update & patch. So be aware of this. WiFi is having problems as well it seems. on the G3 & S5 it loads the pages faster then the 6+ does. It takes a few more milloseconds more to do it. This isn't a big issue but many will find this really annyoing. Hopefully all this gets fixed up on the next patch & update.

The Camera

The Camera is one of the most amazing things in this device. It takes clear pictures & Videos. It still does not beat my Z2 & S5 ( 22MP & 16MP cameras) but it does take clear pictures & it does what a its supposed to do. Take pictures & send them. The 6+ offers a OIS on it which i do find great!. It does come with a 2 tone LED's as well. The LED is really bright. Used it during the night in my room for a a few seconds lol. It can blind someone haha.

Cases.

Where do i begin with this. Barely any store sells cases for the 6+. They have plenty for the iPhone 6 but not for the 6+. So if you need one, go online & order one & pay for express shipping if possible unless you want to wait & have the phone naked until then.

Memory

Apple has 16,64 & 128GB models. I got the 128GB model. The 128GB comes with 114GB as the OS does take up alot of space but u still have 114GB left which is plenty for many. I still have 87GB left on my phone with 1,267 songs, 24 Movies, 12 Videos, 2,024 pictures & 53 apps. If i do run out of space, i still have almost 1TB on my Dropbox which i use to store documents & other things.

Hopefully this review helps everyone else out that wants a 6+!!