cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

really, I doubt it. if rogers does honor that, I will feel much better for waiting game.

mattc1989
I Plan to Stick Around
No George 😞 and I know they still need stock but at least when I am #1 and they get stock I will be the one receiving it xD

az03id
I Plan to Stick Around

the email confirmation from Rogers I recieved states...

We will do our best to deliver your new phone within 15 business days,depending on inventory availability, and will be sending your new phone to:

_____

2 If you have made a reservation before the Canadian launch of your phone we will do our best to get it to you within 15 business days of the launch, depending on inventory availability. If you reserved the device after the Canadian launch we will try to get it to you 15 business days after your reservation, depending on inventory availability.

And then in the Terms and Agreements attachment......  

Rogers does not guarantee that you will receive the device that you have ordered, that the

device will be available at the Rogers store of your choice, or that you will receive the device

before other customers who are not using the Service or have purchased the device through

other channels. Rogers reserves the right to limit the number of device reservations you may

make using the Service.

Unfortunatley nothing about 50 dollars off if they can't make the 15 day window.       I guess today is only Day 6 of 15.

mattc1989
I Plan to Stick Around
You know where i will be when the apple site refreshes LOL refreshing that page like a mad man! lol

Paraujo
I Plan to Stick Around
Got my iphone 6+ gold 64Gb - Just canceled my res.from rogers. Got it at Masonville Place in London, ON
Im loving it!! I hope the best for you all!!!!

Keep checking iphonestock.ca and you will manage to get one quicker. I got lucky yesterday morning... I was thinking I would get in but I did. Just be patient my second try at it i got through.

Best of luck to you all!!!

The whole 15 day thing is meaningless. Rogers might as well just say we'll try and get it to you sometime. Maybe.

The most irritating part of this whole thing is that rogers can't even be bothered to send out an email to let us know what's up.

Is it really so difficult to say "Hey, we are having stock issues from Apple right now, we expect stock within ___ days." Or even "We aren't sure when stock is coming in, but we'll send it out to you ASAP."

SlyM
I Plan to Stick Around

Protowtf wrote: Is it really so difficult to say "Hey, we are having stock issues from Apple right now, we expect stock within ___ days." Or even "We aren't sure when stock is coming in, but we'll send it out to you ASAP."

Yep, it's just basic common sense, customer service, not rocket science. I don't blame them for the delays or the inventory, but they dropped the ball on communicating with the customers for sure.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello az03id

The $50 credit was ONLY for the iPhone 5. They won't do it this year unless they just go ahead and do it. I haven't heard anything as of yet.

I did hear they are getting a small skid from Apple tho

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello SlyM

I agree with u that. They did drop the ball on keeping customers informed.

andrewmalheiro
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I never knew about the iPhone $50 off that they apparently told me yesterday, but I just called again to confirm it, and a new representative just confirmed it with me again. I am not sure why it is not advertised, but that's two Rogers employees who have told me the same thing. Perhaps I could get a live chat transcript with one of the reps there also confirming it..

mattc1989
I Plan to Stick Around
I paied the $5 for the alert from iphonestock 🙂 hopefully Bayshore gets a 6+ 64GB lol:P does anyone know once you reserve, how long you have to pick it up? IE if i reserve it today?

Bleech
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I finally had great pleasure in hitting the 'Cancel' button from my 6+ SG 103 position after picking up my phone from Apple last night.

Begine rant.....

This has to be one of the worst product launches of all time. Sure its fine to say "Blame Apple not Rogers" and to some extent I agree, but the complete lack of communication from them is just a total and utter embarrassment. For a large corporate company like this they really made themselves look incredibly smalltime. What's wrong with an email Rogers? "Sorry people but due to lack of stock we're unable to fill your order that you so loyally woke up early morning on that Friday to reserve"? Instead... nothing, in fact the complete opposite, it's down to you guys to mail them to find out the status. 

I'm very happy in the knowledge that I've bought my phone outright and can now merrily leave Rogers in 8 months time, Sod their $400 a month bills, 4 hours 'on hold' whilst you end up talking to someone who you can't understand (and can't understand you) 'customer service' calls. The fact they gave phones to walk-ins instead of people in their reservation system its inexcusable. 

Maybe, just maybe one day one of the large US companies will step in and brush all these tinpot Canadian companies to one side. Maybe Wind will get better coverage and their all in $50 a month will force the large telecoms to lower their prices, instead of sticking together to royally shaft their customers....

Rant over, I feel better now 🙂
Good luck to all the people in the queue. Hopefully they will deliver your phones in the next few weeks, not in the net 6-8 as many people at Rogers have told me.

Amandacasey
I Plan to Stick Around
I reserved my iPhone 6+ space grey 64 fb through the apple reservation page at midnight Yesterday and picked it up last night from Apple- they gave me a $205 credit/gift card for giving them my old, refurbished iPhone 5. They gave my mom the same amount for her old 5 too. Way better than Rogers offering $50! Why take $50 when you can get $205 from Rogers? Some people apparently even for $240 for their old 5s.

If you are buying the phone outright, device only, you can use that $205 towards the phone. If not, and you are upgrading your phone plan/contract through Apple with your carrier (which I did with ease), then you can put the money towards accessories or the extended warranty, but not the phone itself. So, I used my 205$ towards the leather phone case ($55-it feels great and makes the phone very easy to grip) and towards an extra year of warranty (which costs $100).

Since my mom was buying the device outright with no plan; she got to use the $205 towards the purchase of the phone.

Amandacasey
I Plan to Stick Around
Edit: why take $50 from Rogers when you can get $200+ from Apple

naveen_cheema
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm 260 open for the 6 16gb space grey. Anyone know a minimum or maximum estimae for when i'll get the phone? I can easily just go to appl and grab one as they are available in winnipeg but im one to beleive in patience and also wanna get that speaker haha.

If its gonna be a long wait, or if i wont get the speaker if they run out, I am just going to go to apple.

So if any onewith knowledge give me a rough estimation of earlist or latest dates that I could get the phone as well as the chance of geting the speaker?

Thanks

JS77
I Plan to Stick Around

Naveem

If you read thru this thread you wil quickly realize that no one knows, because Rogers is not saying anything.

I have not moved of 8 open since Friday (6+ / 128 gb / sg).

Go to Apple

bottleflipper
I Plan to Stick Around

Reading through the Bell forums and seeing similar rants.  But here's my issue, at least on day 1, Bell came out publicly and told people 6-8 weeks for stock.  At least as a Bell customer, they have the solice in knowing when they can expect their devices.  Rogers on the other hand refuses to say anything at all.

It's very clear that Rogers isn't fullfilling any order of the 6+ currently, so please let us know that instead of sitting back and watching us rant and rave.

JS77
I Plan to Stick Around

@Bleech

Well said.

That even made me feel better....and I do still do not have a phone.

I am currently using a burner because I lost my 5 in August.

I do not live anywhere near an Apple store.

Will have to wait until my next trip to Toronto / other and hope that my timing is good.

az03id
I Plan to Stick Around

I got an email on Launch Day from Rogers.       Was soooo excited to see they were kind enough to  let me know I was still holding the same position in Queue as I was all week.       

Thats it.   No time frame, no nothing.    Kinda dissapointing this whole thing.      Trying my luck iphonestock.ca 

we will see how it goes. 

az03id
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for the clarification ! 

dude1
I Plan to Stick Around

@ mattc1989

It depends on location. If booked overnight, you get a selection of times through the next day. If you book it during the day, it may be more limited but I believe on the same day. On Monday, I found a unit at Eaton Centre at 2 something, but the pick up times were 2-3pm and 3-4pm.