cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Offdaheezy
I've Been Here Awhile
So #1675 down nearly 200 in couple days, guess that's not too bad. iPhone 6+ Space Gray 128g. If anyone has an idea of a timeframe I should expect, it would be awesone if you could share its. Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello offdaheezy

Give it a month or even more at this point seeing as all carriers have a 4-6 week delay on that one. Your number is high as is

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Kevyyyy

Nice to see u got it! Hopefully we see u next year haha

Jimmy2x2x
I Plan to Stick Around

Good job to those who used the Apple reservation system. If i would of known about it over the weekend i would have had my 6+ then. Once you get in store the Apple rep could easily change your plan and upgrade your phone without issue. Just bring ID. If you have an old iPhone they will swap swims with you. If you are coming from another phone manufacturer like Samsung then they will supply you with a new sim. 

BTW, no matter what you reserve online (contract or no contract) you can change your mind in store because all phones are unlocked until you make that decision. Like my line for 'on contract' was so long that i was really debating buying outright but everything ended up working out. The Rogers system was taking long to reach and i was like, here we go again but they came up pretty quickly. 

Keep your eyes peeled at 3PM EST which it seems that is the time the stores update their systems. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Jimmy2x2x

Apple stores now update at 3PM EST. Guess Apple decided to do it at that time. Yup u are correct. All iPhones come unlocked until u make a decision on what u want to do. If u want a contract it becomes locked to Rogers at that point. Just bring a government photo ID and u should be all set

amg111
I Plan to Stick Around
Does anyone know how the iphone trade in works through apple?

Can I only trade it in and get money off if im buying the phone outright? Or can I do it on contract too?

How much would a 16gb iphone 4s white locked 9/10 condition phone be?

debbiemf662
I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to reserve an iPhone 6 Plus Gold 64GB at 12AM on the Apple reservation site to pick up later today. God Bless Apple Stores

It truly beats being position 1475 for the same phone and waiting until the next decade to recieve it 🙂

jakers1975
I Plan to Stick Around
Yup. Still open at pos #7 for a 6+ 64 silver. This is some bs. Going to my local best buy to get on their list.

JeremyB
I Plan to Stick Around
I managed to get a 16gb + last night but now I'm thinking I should have grabbed a 64gb... If I reserved one already, can I go on and reserve a second? I'd hate to cancel the 16 then not get a 64.

Georgekhoshaba
I Plan to Stick Around
Hmm how odd, seems like everything shipped out now except for the silver iPhone 6+, hope you guys get a shipment asap, that's ridiculous thay they don't even have a single 128 or 64 gb silver 6+ from rogers

bob_00
I Plan to Stick Around

Much like several others, i was able to get a 6+ (64gb SG) through the apple reservation system...  after only moving from 18 to 14, with no end in sight (for a 6+ 16gb silver) 

Of course Rogers had to make even this process difficult...  my retention plan, which I got a couple months ago and spoke to 2 agents about to ensure was compatible with the 6+, was listed as an error...  apparently, even though it was the ONLY plan option for the guy to select, when he got to activation, it would kick us out saying the plan we selected 'doesn't exist'...  so after nearly 2 hours or trouble shooting with the phone support, i guess the Rogers agent told the apple employee (rather rudely) to just do it as a manual contract and they would force the activation on their end.....  I was told it could take about a half hour to activate, which, after the 2 hours I had invested was annoying, but whatever....  Sooo after getting home, feeding the kids and doing the bed time routine (about 4 hours later) the phone still was not activated....  so I logged on to the support chat, was advised that the wait was going to be 45mins....  so I tried calling, but same deal, long wait so I hung up and went back to the chat... so I sat... and waited... and finally, with about 15 mins left in my chat queue lenght, the phone miraculously switch over to having service....  just shy of 7 HOURS after walking into the apple store....

But hey... I got my phone...  

To anyone still in queue, do yourself a favour, try something else... Or find another carrier...  I know they all suck when you get down to it, but I would hope they aren’t quite as incompetent...  

alexx03
I Plan to Stick Around
Hey meowmix
So if were trying to reserve one through apple should we be checking at 3pm or 12pm?
From what your saying they changed it to 3pm?

bob_00
I Plan to Stick Around

alex, 

I checked periodically all day yesterday, and a bunch came avaliable shortly after 2...  I was able to secure one for pickup at 3..

gcooldude
I Plan to Stick Around

Made a reservation with Apple in Newmarket, 128GB 6+ Space Grey, will cancel my reso with Rogers and FutureShop.

alexx03
I Plan to Stick Around
Okay thank I will begin checking at 2

darkdad
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know, if I were to purchase two phones from apple one 6 and one 6 plus to secure two for my dad, we wont open them but wants to see which one he wants, will test with my 6 plus and moms 6, will I be able to return the one he does not want? Is it the same 15 day return policy?

ruff
I'm Here A Lot

So I can reserve, and pick up a phone from the Apple store while paying the same price as I would through a Rogers upgrade?

For example, paying $589 for the iPhone 6+ instead of $1089?

Thanks

bfarzan
I'm Here A Lot
I was able to reserve a 64 GB Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus at the Apple Store yesterday and I picked it up last night as an upgrade. As of last night, I was still in the 160s with an OPEN status. I cancelled my Rogers reservation last night. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting on Rogers.

sargeYo
I Plan to Stick Around

Masonville  has stock! 6 plus

Paraujo
I Plan to Stick Around

I just reserved at masionville Whoaaaaaa

Amandacasey
I Plan to Stick Around
bfarzan- was there any issue upgrading at the Apple store and activating your phone?