cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

kortasc
I Plan to Stick Around

i am yet to receive this email... weird

rodalgo
I Plan to Stick Around

got the same email this afternoon (under primary account holder account)

Dear XXXX, Great news! Your place in line is 37 for the iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Silver for your wireless number XXXXX. At your request, we are shipping the device to:
Rogers Plus,
1680 Richmond St. N., Unit L029,
London, ON
N6G 3Y9

When your new phone is ready, we will send you the UPS tracking number so you can follow it online. You will receive a call when your phone is ready to be picked up in store.

checked my status on rogers, I'm actually 36 now and still in OPEN. ugh.

@gulrez_zahid wrote:

Does Apple only update their stock once a day? is there still a possibility that Apple might update their stock once more before the end of the day today?

If you have nothing much better to do, and you really want your phone... Check as freequently as you can. No one knows for sure.

I was told it's only at midnight, but tonnes of stock came online this afternoon.

Jdamant
I've Been Here Awhile
Tracking number is useless it tells you when it gets to the warehouse not the store. Would have been nice to know that before I saw it delivered and went to pick it up. Our local store in Caledonia has received 0 preorders so far.

thekingsim
I Plan to Stick Around

If stores don't receive "pre-order", do they receiving phones that are not "pre-ordered". ?

kortasc
I Plan to Stick Around

masonville still has 16 gb iphone 6s! gold in colour... hoping but not holding my breath they may get a few 16gb 6+s soon!

Jdamant
I've Been Here Awhile
Our store said they received 4 iphone 6's and no 6 plus on Friday. Which makes me mad. If I knew preorder didn't work I would have went to the store early instead.

antunica
I Plan to Stick Around
Just picked up my 128GB SG 6+ from Apple and this phone is amazing. Perfect size for a phone I think without being too big!

Deol1989
I Plan to Stick Around

Just walked out of sq1 apple with the 128gb sg 6+ had to get it unlocked though and paid 1220$.. Still waiting for the other 6+ 342 on the business queue.. Phone looks pimp. Goodluck folks I had ran out of patience

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around
Picking up my 6+ in two hours! Just got to have dinner and get the kids to bed first 😄

Can't wait!

That's the worst part about this entire mess.

Rogers wanted folks to pre-order, and so we did. And yet you had a better chance to get a device by going to a Rogers store and get the model you wanted, or go through Apple or an alternate re-seller.

So why bother with the reservations? If you weren't planning to honour them prior to the last minute crush.

Look, I want to throw my money at you to get the latest gizmo and you're doing your best to **** me off. How does that make business sense?

If and when I get my device (through whatever means), I am going to pay for it outright, and not renew my contract. And then shop around and see who really wants my business... of course, given the stupidily high rates we pay for cell service in Canada, we all get gouged regardless.

By the way, I'm still #18 in the business queue for the 6+ 128GB Gold that I had reserved on back on the 12th. I've moved up... 2 spots. You can't tell me you didn't get at least 100 of those phones for your customers?

(Of course, being the cynic I am, I'm guessing a lot of those early shipments went to friends and family of Rogers employees... that happened the last couple of times around as well.)

AdrianG
I Plan to Stick Around

I REALLY NEED SOMEONE'S HELP!

My girlfriend and I just moved to Montreal from France. We've been here since August. Both of us have been waiting for the iphone 6 to get a contract with an operator. 

She reserved a gold iPhone 6 from the St Catherine Apple Store, everything went great,

However, when signing up for the contract, her debit card did not work (no security code behind), and she wasn't able to get the phone... 

When signing up for a contract, are credit cards MANDATORY? We currently don't have one...

Deol1989
I Plan to Stick Around
Just got my iphone 6+ 128gb sg from apple at sq1 couldn't wait for the business queue, Goodluck folks

@Jdamant wrote:
Our store said they received 4 iphone 6's and no 6 plus on Friday. Which makes me mad. If I knew preorder didn't work I would have went to the store early instead.

The reservation doesnt mean that you will get one on release day.. it just means that one will be reserved for you.

With stock in the past.. sometimes a store only got 3 phones  or NONE for walk ins.
And it took a good MONTH before more stock came in.

As stock did start to come in, the REMAINING pre-orders were filled.

So pre-orering, if there is not enough stock, can get you a phone before people taking the risk on the availability of a walk in purchase.

Deol1989
I Plan to Stick Around
Incase anyone is wondering they don't do business upgrades so I had to buy it unlocked

farky44
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a reservation for the same phone #33 and still open as wellSmiley Sad

@AdrianG wrote:

I REALLY NEED SOMEONE'S HELP!

My girlfriend and I just moved to Montreal from France. We've been here since August. Both of us have been waiting for the iphone 6 to get a contract with an operator. 

She reserved a gold iPhone 6 from the St Catherine Apple Store, everything went great,

However, when signing up for the contract, her debit card did not work (no security code behind), and she wasn't able to get the phone... 

When signing up for a contract, are credit cards MANDATORY? We currently don't have one...

Unfortunately, yes... to get a phone on CONTRACT with the hardware subsidy (the discount), you need to have a credit card usually at min... for them to be able to do a CREDIT CHECK on you.  Pretty much just to see, that your not someone prone to having a BAD credit, for not paying bills, etc

shshshaskjdhf
I Plan to Stick Around

@Summersca

You have it exactly right.  I've been with Rogers my whole life, just finished a 3 year contract with them, stuck with my old phone (iphone 4) to get the 6.  When preorders opened I was ready to re-up with Rogers for another 2 years.  Had my issues with them, and not happy about the new expensive plans but nothing I could do about it.

Do to this godforesaken joke of a reservation system, the complete lack of communication, and the awfulness of their website, I'm done.  I've missed my chance to reserve through the Apple Store for launch, but I'll take my chances checking their stock every day rather than give Rogers one more cent.  Going to cancel all my Rogers (2 phones) accounts and sign up with Telus for everything.

I know this rant will not change one thing, but my god I hope enough of us decide not to put up with this crap.  I don't expect Rogers to notice, nor do I want anything if they do.  Sometimes you have to stop pleading with your abuser for some relief and just cut all ties!

@Gdkitty wrote:

The reservation doesnt mean that you will get one on release day.. it just means that one will be reserved for you.

With stock in the past.. sometimes a store only got 3 phones  or NONE for walk ins.
And it took a good MONTH before more stock came in.

As stock did start to come in, the REMAINING pre-orders were filled.

So pre-orering, if there is not enough stock, can get you a phone before people taking the risk on the availability of a walk in purchase.

But that's part of the problem with this system. Rogers decided that they had to send out stock to the stores, which defeated the purpose of a pre-order in the first place. When people who have pre-ordered are seeing folks walking out of the store with a phone, the get justifiably mad.

Throwing pre-orders a $50 cheapo bluetooth speaker doesn't make it better either.

And when, for certain versions of the device, NO preorders were filled... it leaves a very sour taste in the mouth of Rogers customers who tried to use the pre-order system. They screwed up, again, on a pre-release.

dave222567
I Plan to Stick Around
The purpose of a pre order, is to get something before anyone else. We did get charged the moment we clicked the pre order button. I dont care if it will be returned later or not because we, the customers, accepted rogers taking money out of our pocket but they failed at fulfilling the contract with their pre order customers. I still dont have my phone yet.

doodads
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers botched the whole reservation thing from the moment it began by giving everyone the wrong time they would go up.

All in all a valuable lesson was learned for everyone. Mine was to never get anything from rogers ever again and leave the moment I don't have to be with them. I had problems leading up to this with my account and this is just icing. What can ya do. I said it before and I'll say it again, they're last in customer satisfaction and it's not for nothing.

problem after problem after problem for things no one else has problems doing. Hopefully everyone still waiting gets theirs soon and next time...we'll all know.