Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus 16GB, 64G,128GB " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.
Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or sometime before Friday!!!
Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.
Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.
Anyone know when we can expect the stupid reservation website to start working again? I haven't been able to check for a few days now. I was 392 before it went down.
Rogers is dead to me and I'm ready to jump to another carrier after this experience.
So there seems to be some confusion on the issues on-going:
1. Foxconn has had major issues producing the 6 plus. So supplies are very short. The higher your reservation number the more you will be impacted by this. No one can tell you how much of a delay as this is unlike any other year with any other model. Nor can they tell you how much Rogers will received in subsequent shipments. Most likely after a week the people in this thread will have put together a better guess then Rogers has.
2. Rogers shipments of what stock they had did not make it to stores before they opened. As such some stores have stock of the reg 6 from the morning, most didn't by all reports. If any stores had plus models it was not reported that I saw. Rogers only committed to get the phones to us within 15 days of launch. Nonetheless it would be nice if Rogers explained what happened as this was not the norm previous years and the competitors clearly did not have the same issues.
3. The website is not functioning for all users. Why some are locked out while others get in is unknown. Volume is likely the root cause of the problem. Rogers claims they'll have it fixed this weekend. I'm not so sure as there are so many people still waiting for phones and it seems unlikely they are going to beef up their infrastructure now.
Hope this helps.
"We have been churning out 140,000 iPhone 6 Plus and 400,000 iPhone 6 every day, the highest daily output ever, but the volume is still not enough to meet the preorders," a person familiar with the matter told the Journal. "For iPhone 6 Plus, we are still ramping up the production line. Another reason for the limited supply is the shortage of 5.5-inch displays."
To be fair guys, Rogers truly isn't to blame concerning their atrocious stocks. Foxconn seems to be the number 1 problem as of tonight. Only 50% of the iPhone 6+ ends up being sold, the rest showing manufacturing issues. Apparently, the 5.5" screen is tough to work on (the rounded edges don't help).
My PERSONAL hypothesis/prediction (once again this is personal, I'm not throwing any facts!!!)
All those who have "open" status will have to wait for the upcoming batch from Apple. Problem is, judging by the current trend, Apple Stores are going to get top priority for the 6+, as many preorders are still supposed to ship between Oct 1-6 in the US (source: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1776647 ). I think it will take some time before operators get a descent amount of 6+: 4 million units sold in one day! Foxconn is working round the clock, 140 000 iPhone 6 Plus per day is an incredibly high number. Redistribution is the only issue. Add to that Roger's lack of communiccation and, well, here we are.
We'll have to wait and see. Personally, I'm number 25 for a 128gB silver iPhone 6+. I don't think I'll be getting it before 2-3 weeks.
ONCE AGAIN: THESE ARE JUST PREDICTIONS