Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus 16GB, 64G,128GB " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.
Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or sometime before Friday!!!
Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.
Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.
I just spoke to rogers business live agent regarding my status, "In progress(Activation)" does not mean for a new rogers business customers, Activation means the phone is getting processed, and next status you should see is (Shipped). I asked when they will ship it and the lady said by either tonight or tomorrow morning. Crossing my fingers
Spoke to several Rogers reps on Twitter, on the phone. Nobody really knows what's going on, or they can't actually offer any concrete info on the shipping situation.
Apparently when the shipment is "in progress" it means they've got it at the warehouse, and it's getting ready to be shipped out - that said, a lot of things don't add up.
1) The numbers make no sense. I'm number 128 up for a 128 GB Space Grey 6+ and it's "in progress" but there seem to be others with lower numbers that still read "open"
2) Lots of people are sitting with their shipments "in progress". What I gathered from previous info is that sometimes it does take some time for them to collect the phones, box, label, and ship them, since they might wait to ship multiple phones to a single destination. But some of you have been waiting 5 days or more "in progress" which seems excessive.
So those of us "in progress"...apparently Rogers has our phones, and is unable to ship them out in a timely manner. I'm thoroughly dissapointed in the rigamarole necessary to get any decent information from anyone. The customer service has been abysmal.
getting conflicting answers when i talk to reps (over phone, twitter, live chat). Hearing the fact the the 6+ is massive probably get the 6 but from the local apple store and do the upgrade their. To order over the phone they say they cant gaurentee when I will recieve the phone. Apple launch of this appears to be a failure, rogers reservation list and have a complete chain of comunnication is a disaster.
Your point #1 really isn't an issue outside of everyone making it one.
When you preorder your given a number, this number lowers as people either cancel or are moved to in progress. As a result other people are then reduced. So your number 128 going to "In Progress" means at least 128 other people have seen there number be reduced.
People need to realize that apple is announcing more devices were preordered then actually built. We will see delays as a result, absolutely no different then any other consumer electronic that sold (playstation, xbox, etc.).
I haven't read today's posts but just went to rogers plus in hopes of getting my phone. First question: are you a new customer???? I said no and they said then they don't have any iPhones. Really?!?! Only new customer shipments to this location? So disappointing!
The only logical explanation at this point for the absence of 6Plus is that Production has stopped. If so, it stopped for a reason. I don't want the first batch that have some form of defect anyway. I prefer to wait for corrections to be made and production of non-defective units to take place.
Same thing happened with the 5 as you may recall with chips taken out of the edges.
We'll see if any of the first batch end up with issues of some type.
Does not look like any 6+ have been delivered to Ottawa or in Canada for Rogers.
I have not received any status email (shipping or otherwise) however my status for the 6+ Gold 128GB changed mid-afternoon yesterday from 60 : Open to:
iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Gold
6+ 128GB Gold
Perhaps this is why some people have moved up in the queue as I (and I assume the others before me) no longer have a "place in line" tagged to the reservation.
Really hoped I would be at "shipped" status by now. Hope the 6+ does not cost me the free speaker!