Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus 16GB, 64G,128GB " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.
Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or sometime before Friday!!!
Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.
Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.
How are people with New line activations seeing their position? I reserved one under new activation and it is not showing up under my account (only my device upgrade one is). I've contacted rogers and multiple reps told me that new line activations do not appear under "device registration" because it has no line to connect to??
Am I missing something here??
I’ve been watching this iPhone forum since it started and I also followed these forums for the iPhone 5 and 5S launches but have never posted before, so hello! 🙂
I have reserved three devices (consumer-side, not business) this time around:
1. iPhone 6+ 128gb Gold (OPEN)– reserved as a “new line” because the system was down @ 5:40 a.m. EST. My number was #41. I moved down to #39 yesterday. This afternoon my number went down to #21!
2. iPhone 6 128gb Gold (IN PROGRESS)– reserved as an upgrade @ 6:10 a.m.-ish when the system let me in. Was number #44 I believe. Moved down to #39 now. Went into progress sometime Monday night/Tuesday and has not moved and no shipping notice.
3. iPhone 6+ 128gb Gold (OPEN) – reserved as an upgrade @ 6:10 a.m.-ish because I was worried Rogers would give me a hard time about the “new line” reservation since I was going to be upgrading not adding a new line. I was number #110 I believe. Went down to #105 Monday/Tuesday overnight and now today it is #104. Has not moved even though the number went down on the “new line” reservation for the same model.
On Wednesday afternoon my local store in the north end of the GTA (where I reserved my phones to and where a friend works) told me they got about 30 or less iPhone 6 in stock in various models/sizes (no iPhone 6+) for walk-in customers for Friday. My friend is working today and just told me that they still have not received any reserved devices at all.
You have to go to the confirmation e-mail they sent you for the new line, then click on the "My Rogers" link in the grey box on the right hand side of the email. Then, log in with your usual username and password. I noticed that it only works if you sign in from there, so make sure that you're signed out before attempting this method.
Just received a text message saying my phones been shipped. Guess I'm good to pickup tomorrow 🙂
Following received an email:
Great news! Your iPhone 6 16GB Space Grey is on its way! As you had requested, we are shipping it to: Rogers Plus
240 Leighland Avenue Unit 208B
Your iPhone 6 16GB Space Grey should arrive within 4 days. A store representative will call you once the device is in-store and let you know when you can pick it up. Please wait to be called before visiting your store. Some packages listed as ‘arrived at destination’ may still be in transit through a local warehouse. Please note, the store will hold your iPhone 6 16GB Space Grey on your behalf until 9/25/2014 . If you don’t pick up your phone by this date we will make the device available to the next customer. Please bring identification showing your name and address when you pick up your phone. The store representative will need to ensure you are the primary Rogers account holder in order to release it to you. The reservation fee of 40.00 + taxes will be credited back to your Rogers invoice next month.