cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

mdabek
I Plan to Stick Around

were you able to pick size and color ? and were there many reserved.. i dunno whar to go anymore, rogers store, apple or futureshop 

i plan on upgrading on my business account

fhgfdgfdgdf
I Plan to Stick Around

io8 takes 5g

somalp
I Plan to Stick Around
My question as well..

debbiemf662
I Plan to Stick Around

This might be a dumb question but is the line that you're in online for the specific store you rerserved it at? And is the number of people ahead of you getting the exact phone as you? Like colour and gb?

Kvalnir
I Plan to Stick Around
It's Canada wide for that specific model, size and colour.

Bleech
I Plan to Stick Around

Get to the back of the line Jasperville. 

Shaown
I Plan to Stick Around

Just called the Rogers store I'm ganna be picking up at. The uy said they have received nothing yet and that it will be coming tonight after they close or tomorrow. The reps were left in the dark, he wasn't able to tell me if any of the reservations had arrived at the Uptown head office. They are totally out of the loop here. Stupid rogers

Shaown
I Plan to Stick Around

trying to get ahold of Futureshop where I was the first person to place another pre order last friday but they are not answering at the cellphone area, dang

Frankdeded
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers and their reservation system are useless.

triplettsang
I Plan to Stick Around
The new line reservation that i had reserved from is now gone... =\

Anyone having this issue? It says that my account login is wrong...

mattsatt
I Plan to Stick Around

So who gets their phone tomorrow? How many reservations will be fulfilled?

richymbl
I Plan to Stick Around
oramgefreddie why take soo longs to speak to rentions just keep asking to transfer to that department

tcrosbie
I Plan to Stick Around
There is so much misinformation in this thread. iOS8 is not 8 5GB, it is 1.6GB The phone needs room to create a restore point and unpack the package which is why you temporarily need 5GB. If you update iOS8 from itunes it will not require all of that extra space.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around
I asked the guy like 50 times. I always find it hard to get to retentions. I have never once been transferred there just by asking.

Shaown
I Plan to Stick Around

Good to know, thanks crosbie. I use icloud for backups so I was having this problem, decided just to wait for the phone to experience everything at once. But I appreciate the info

it is true... don't update iOS 8 Over the Air if you have a 16GB device. Plug it into itunes and save that space.

Shaown
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a 32gb 5S and still didn't have enough space

lopes66
I Plan to Stick Around

@ oramgefreddie

what plan did you get to keep and how did you manage that?

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

I still bet I don't get mu phone till Oct 1 or later...

iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Grey
6+ 64GB Space Grey
Position : 437

For everyone wondering what I did...

I was already on a shared plan with my wife's line... but with the iPhone upgrade they were going to increase by bill by $25 per month total (this new share everything prcing nonsense).

I told them that based on the price of the new phone the increase on my bill to account for the higher flextab (because the phone is more expensive) should only be an increase of $8. (My current FlexTab is $12 and the new one for 6+ would be $20, but I'd be paying out the existing flaxtab... so that should already be included in by bill)

Anyways after a LONG conversation and some time on hold with the Retention people, they said that they could honor my existing because it was one of the early share plans.

But don't think they let me keep some old $50 or $60 / month plan... Everyone that cheap will get screwed... if you have a $60/Month with lots of Data... buy the phone outright. Remember that if they are making you go from $60 - $90 (from what I heard) that is $720 over the 2 years... Or almost the outright purchase price... and you still have to pay Rogers $300 - $600 for the upgrade... So you save a few hundred dollars over 2 years AFTER RECOUPING the extra money to buy outright.

cc2014
I Plan to Stick Around

Does everyone else who has a status of in progress say (pre-fulfillment)?

kavinsky1986
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm still #767 for iPhone 6 64GB Gold. Guess I will be waiting for my phone for a while after launch 😞