Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus 16GB, 64G,128GB " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.
Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or sometime before Friday!!!
Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.
Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.
"I reserved a 6 128 space grey as well. I was position 39 (reserved at 3:45am)from the getgo and moved up to position 1, but have been stuck in that position since Tuesday. How does someone who was position 128 change to "in progress" before me?
I reserved the SAME TIME and SAME phone as you I was #48 and have gradually moved up to about #35 where I sat for awhile, as of 2 days ago I moved to #5 and havent moved......?"
Must be a French thing... I ordered a French phone...
Just kidding I know that does not make sense, please don't hate 😉
I'm thinking Meowmix is an actual CAT walking across the Rogers computer looking for kibble unwittingly playing with our destiny: you get bumped to #1, you get reverted to status OPEN, you get switched from Apple to Samsung!
Reading through the posts it makes it sound like the following will play out:
1) 6+ phones are in short supply. Too much effort to put the bigger glass in the enclosure i guess...
2) Rogers does not care about their customers, as usual. Nobody knows anything from that company, they can't be honest with their customers.
3) Looks like Rogers will get 200 phone of each type, since there are 18 variations of each, that means Rogers is getting 3,600 phones. Yup, looks that way, becuase how they can not get at least 4,000 phones of each category i will never know. You would figure the biggest carrier in Canada could get at least 72,000 phones 4,000 of each type. ALso what does the majority will go towards reservations? is that 55% or 51% ? Or 80%
I talked to at least 6 Rogers stores, and out of them 3 of the people had the same story, that they will get maybe 2 or 3 phones for walk in customers, you got 18 different phone types, meaning there isn't even any reason to go line up at the store tomorrow. I don't want a 16 gig small iphone.
I’m really thinking there is something wrong with the number system.
I posted earlier, but will post again for those really watching now.
My wife started at #280 or so last Friday, for an iPhone 6 64GB Grey
My father started at #284 or so last Friday, for an iPhone 6 64GB Grey
Over the weekend, they were both moving down (cancellations) but remained 4 apart
On Monday, my wife went into “In Process” but my father is showing #23
Even if they only had enough to supply just to my wife’s phone, my father would be showing #4 not 23. So, don’t take the numbering as 100% proof, as MeowMix has been saying – it could be that it won’t change until the last possible second when the store calls you.
My wife is number 623 with BELL. They called her this morning to tell her she can pick up her iphone 6plus gold 64g anytime tomorrow. That is great service!!!
Im number 248 6plus space grey 64g status OPEN and Rogers has no clue if they are even getting any phones for Friday. Didnt the same thing happen with the 5s everyone had them but Rogers did not.
I also have a buddy who works for future shop. He said they recieved at least 50 6plus on Wed not sure which carriers tho.
Ive been with Rogers for over 14 years just tired of that they feed us customers. They tell us to reserve at 5am then they open at 3am. Now if you want a new iphone 6plus you will have to line up at apple store or future shop tonight in hopes of getting one. Big waste of time having reservation line if they cant delivery the product.