cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

gregwootton
I Plan to Stick Around
I hope your right Meowmix with our phones going into progress today for 6+

tcrosbie
I Plan to Stick Around
@Solaron

Yeah all of here are hitting F5 hoping that the line is moving lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello wpd

Not here but remember not everyone that reserves it will post here so many may have gone in progress and we won't know until ours change or someone post

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Solaron

Yes indeed it does.! 😛

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello gregwootton

Remember we have all day long today and tomorrow. If they ship them out tomorrow we will get then Friday. If they ship them out Friday will will get then Saturday / Monday!

wpd
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix

Did your position change ?

Jimmy2x2x
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been at #20 for a SG 6+ 64GB...still open and with no movement. I am actually not stressing about this at all 🙂

kortasc
I Plan to Stick Around
I have a feeling that friday will come and very few people who reserved will get their phone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello kortasc

You have that feeling which may be right but who knows maybe that feeling is wrong 😉

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello wpd

Nope not yet but i am barely looking at it lol.

mikey_27
I Plan to Stick Around

I was just crunching the numbers based on some comments I've read as to some peoples in progress status after having numbers in open status in the 400's.

Based on my estimations, in order to deliver the first 500 phones to people in every catigory Rogers has a list for, they would need to recieve about 72,000 iPhones day one (includes upgrades, new customers, and business for all models and sizes). Thats not including walk in sales units or even unlocked devices if they even offer a seperate catigory for them.I have no idea if thats even a realistic number.

I do know (from various articles I've read this morning) that each 747 from china can carry up to 200,000 iPhones in a single shipment and that Foxcon can pump out about 140,000 iPhone 6 plus and 400,000 iPhone 6 units a day. Basically the big 3 carriers alone not including sasktel or other smaller carriers would need more than their own cargo 747 just to fulfil the first 500 people on the list for day one. I would be really impressed if they can do it.

PepsiTrolleyMan
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not sure where you get your numbers from but 500 phones of each of the 18 categories = 9000 phones. not 72000

wpd
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix

If you didn't change ( low number ) and the movement people mentioned are high numbers, then it's just cancellations. There's no 6+ models that have gone to in progress.

You said you knew but didn't want to ruin the surprise. What did you know ?

SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi.

Why does the position go down? is it because of people cancelling?

I started in the 400's for a iphone 6+ 64gb Silver ... now I'm at 393.

Also, what case are people thinking of getting?

i had an Otterbox Defender for my iPhone 4 ... it protects well but made the phone look like a tank!

I was thinking of getting a wallet case from Spigen.

mikey_27
I Plan to Stick Around

there is more than just 18 lists. theres a total of 54 at least. 18 for business, 18 for new customers and 18 for upgrading customers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello PepsiTrolleyMan

I was just about to say that.. Rogers on the iPhone 5 launch got over 20,000 oh them at launch.

amg111
I Plan to Stick Around
Most of the people saying they are moving are 64gb 6plus. So hopfully the 128gb's are coming soon!

egaddam
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi there, Iphone 6 Gold 64 GB

status is in progress..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello wpd

One of the skids coming in today and some of yesterday had the iPhone 6 Plus on them..

Hi triplettsang, thanks so much for letting me know how you were checking your new registration reservation, I clicked on the link in the e-mail and now I'm able to check my status as a new customer.  I'm currently at 53 for Iphone6+ 64GB SIlver, still at Open status

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello amg111

Agreed it only seems 64GB ones are moving so the 128GB should be soon!