cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor
i think it depends on province, it has to..if you change your province setting on the rogers page then look at the plans, nearly all provinces are "starting at" that horrid $80 for virtually no data, quebec is slightly cheaper, while manitoba & sask have the lowest "starting at" $60. i looked at other carriers bell, telus, they too are the exact same thing for the same provinces. looking online its said the reason for this is cause in MB & SK, theres a 4th competitor, mts & sasktel, which is the reason the big 3 are forced to drop price/increase data per dollar of the bill, & for quebec i think its telebec or something like that but there was some company buying out someone else which made their prices not as low as MB/SK but still slightly less than ON & the rest

im calling rogers shortly i want confirmation

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello xxterrencexx

Reason being is that the reservation system opened up at 3:15am EST. Some of us ( including me ) reserved out devices at that time.

I am 50/50on if you get it. It all depends on how many units Apple sends of each model to Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello javaj

You are welcome!. Yes it means you are #129 across Canada for that specific model you got!.

i would say 75% you will see it.

xxterrencexx
I Plan to Stick Around

why would rogers send me an email saying it opens at 5am eastern time? I set my alarm for that time just so I could reserve it, I would have been on at 3am If I knew, thats too bad, I hope I can still get it launch day

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around
Heavy D, only way I can see you getting $500 out of your 5s is it it's a 64gb. I have a 32gb gold and I'm hoping to get like $450 out of it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello xxterrencexx

It sent everyone that email not just you. Also it seems either it turned on by it self or they did it so they wouldn't screw up the whole thing the whole day.

javaj
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow,  3:15 eastern!!!  You mean I didn't have to go to bed and set my alarm for 2:45 Pacific and battle with everyone else in Canada.  I could have watched the news, ordered my phone and had a lovely sleep & been at the front of the line, LOL.  Live & learn.  I'll be in the know for next time this craziness happens.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello javaj

Yes it opened up at 3:15am EST. LOLoh man Lol. Yeah it seems weird that they did it at that time but i guess they had a plan

xxterrencexx
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for all your help, they better send Rogers more then 300 units lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello xxterrencexx

You are welcome! Lol i hope they do. It's all up to Apple, not Rogers.

javaj
I Plan to Stick Around

Correction.....I got up at 1:45 Pac. I'm just bitter and tired.lol. But I guess 75% is pretty good odds.  This day will all be forgotten when I'm holding my new 6.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello javaj

lol its okay i am really tired my self!. Its pretty good still 🙂

Rice2830
I've Been Here Awhile

Already with Rogers. If i buy an iphone 6 + unlocked on apple store can i take my iphone 5 sim card and use it on the iphone 6 +

Rice2830
I've Been Here Awhile

If i buy a apple 6+ unlocked on apple store. Can i take my sim card from my iphone 5 and use it for my iphone 6+ ? I already a rogers client with a plan.

astroduck
I Plan to Stick Around

So if I receive my new phone next Friday, can I keep my existing plan through Rogers? 

Currently, my plan is a shared plan between 2 cell phones (unlimited everything plus 2GB of shared data).

The monthly total for the plan is $130 (for 2 phones). I heard you need to be on a 2 year plan that is at least $80 per month to qualify.

Please advise.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello astroduck

That is correct. Each line must be $80 plan without add ons to work. You can contact Rogers & see what they can do for u.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rice2830

Yes you can as both devices use a nano sim card. Just take it out of the 5 & put it into the iPhone 6 & u will be good! 🙂

Rice2830
I've Been Here Awhile

No need to change my iphone 5 rogers plan ?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rice2830

Nope seeing as you are buying a unlocked device.

felbou
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I just reserved the iPhone 6 Plus Silver 16GB. Were can I see the status of this request? When I finished my request it said I was number in line : 66. Will I get it the day of lauch? 

Thanks ! 

Tut_Tris
I Plan to Stick Around
Has ANYONE been able to convince Rogers to let them upgrade without switching to a share everything plan???