cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

young_wheezy
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix

Are you sure Apple is 12am EST? Everything else says it will be 12am PST or 3am EST.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello young_wheezy

Yes that is correct.  Last year it was a 3am EST. My mistake there & i apolize on my behalf.  . With the 4S & 5 it was at 12am EST time.

So yes folks, Apple will start pre orders at 3am EST.

nelw
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi meowmix!

Thanks for all your dedication.

So im sure you've answered this many times already so sorry.

I currently have 1 year left of my 3 years with Rogers on my iPhone 5.

If I buy the Unlocked iPhone 6 from Apple, I can keep my current plan and avoid being forced to the Share Everything plan correct?

How does the transfer from a locked iPhone 5 to an unlocked iPhone 6 work?  I pay off the FlexTab and just plug in the nano sim into the new iPhone 6 and continue like normal?

That means in the future if I want to leave Rogers, i can do so anytime and to any other carrier?

Thanks!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello nelw

Yes if you buy the phone straight from Apple outright, it will be factory unlocked & you will NOT have to change your plan. The plan will stay the same as it always was. There won't be any transfers as you are paying full price for the device!

Seeing as both devices use Nano Sim Cards, all you need to do is pop in the sim card into the iPhone 6 / 6+ & you should be good from there. The phone will show service & work as it worked on the iPhone 5.

If you want to back up anything, use iTunes & back up the iPhone 5. Once you head home, plug in the new phone into your computer & it will show it on iTunes. It will tell you to either restore it from previous back ups or start new!.

Yes if you decide to leave Rogers later on, you just need to pay the remaining flextab you have & a $12.50 disconnection fee, lst months bill & u can go anywhere u like

nelw
I've Been Here Awhile

@ meowmix

Thanks!  Yeah there is no value in the Share Everything plan for me.  It works out to ~$130-140 a month for the SAME plan.  They advertise unlimited voice and text but i put much more value in the data and dollar.  I'd rather keep my same plan.  Thanks again meowmix

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello nelw

That is good!. You are welcome! 🙂

jeremy1234
I Plan to Stick Around

I need to say again there new plans are bad!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jeremy1234

Hopefully when they do change them around, they can add more data on the plans that really need them or lower the prices. All this happened after the 2 year contracts came out & the 3 year ones stopped. Mind you Rogers has similar or the same plans as the other 2 carriers.

Skyjumper
I Plan to Stick Around

So, for the 4S I had a very low number.. If I can recall from 2 yrs ago you could actually see if the device had shipped.  I am positive that mine should have been in the store on launch day but when I called them at open they told me that they had sold out of stock to those waiting in line.  I called a hundred places the next day and found one in an adjacent town and went and picked it up.  For fun, I didn't cancel my reservation. I got a call oh about a week and a half later.

My point is.. What is to stop the store that receives your pre-order from just simply handing it out to another customer who didn't actually have to go to a job that day

RedChuuu
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm guessing it will be $260 for Rogers rather than $230 sigh

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Skyjumper

You can still see if the device has been shipped out as you receive a email with the tracking number & UPS will track it up until someone signs it & drops it off. Once you see its been delivered you can contact the store asking for the person to sign it & see if they have it. Its better to wait for them to call u but u can do that too.

The reservation system isn't made for you to get it at launch. Its made for you to have a phone in your name if all the stores are sold out. Some stores will not be sold out but this way u do not have to call hundreds of stores to find one.

I agree it does not stop the store from doing it BUT its been caught many times that reps are doing this & stores are calming down via doing that as they know customers get a email with the tracking number & can see the name of the rep that signed it.

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around
Lol

Skyjumper
I Plan to Stick Around
I realize that it doesn't guarantee you a phone at launch, but if you get up early and somehow manage to wrangle a low number it SHOULD. I am a huge iPhone fan and greatly look forward to having one at launch, but I can't take a day off work for it. I think the phone should come in a box with your name on it and they shouldn't even be allowed to open the shipping box. For some reason it really grinds my gears that they absolutely HAVE to unbox the phone and put the SIM card in for you. I pay $900 for a product (which you are even with an upgrade, just financed) I want to be the one pulling off the wrapper and unboxing it. Maybe it's just me, but I guess I'll grit my teeth and deal with it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Skyjumper

If you get a low number then yes it should be at the store at launch unless something happens via UPS or Rogers & they can not send them out ( which has never happened & by that i mean error or any problems).

The box does come closed with your name & the telephone number you used on your account, I have seen this with my S4/S5/Note 3 & iPhone 5S last year. I took the box home my self lol.

I do get what you are saying tho. Actually incorrect. You can tell them to NOT open the box & unseal it & put the sim card in themselfs. You have the right to take it unopened. All the want to do is scan the IMEI / Serial number on the account. That can be found on the box on the back. Again i have done this with tones of devices & so have others. Many did not know that they can tell the reps to leave it sealed. The reps are just doing what they are trained / told to do & to open the box & fix it them selfs but u have the right to tell them no & u can do it your self.

malorrain
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!

Quick question regarding plan restrictions.

Right now, my girlfriend and I both have a Share Everything plan in Quebec.

When Rogers says you need to pay at least $80 a month on your plan, does that mean my bill must be $160 for the two phones?

I really hope I can keep this current plan and upgrade our phones to an iPhone 6.

Thanks!

BTW you're doing an awesome job on this thread! Thank you for your help!

-Marc

Skyjumper
I Plan to Stick Around

When I got my wife's 5S last year the store rep told me that it HAD to be set up in the store.. I told him I was in a hurry and had to go and he told me that I would have to give up the device and try again later when I had time to set it up in the store... So I sat through watching him put his greasy prints all over it.. I was vibrating.  I really shouldn't take it so seriously, but when I get these shiny new toys it's kind of like Christmas all over.  I don't gt Christmas anymore really.. my kids do. 🙂

I'm going to insist this time...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello malorrain

In Quebec this pricing rule is NOT in affect. So anyone in Manitoba or QB does not need to worry or change plans unless they tell you too..

Thank you!:)

RyanKelly
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats good info ....

I want to be able to unbox it myself at my own speed at home

Skyjumper
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats what I pay in Ontario and I was told by online chat that my plan was OK for an upgrade.. I pay roughly $130 total for the two phones..

Luc112
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi everyone, 

Nice to see meowmix at it again, this is always my favorite time of year, almost better than christmas. We did have a big snow storm in Calgary for the past two days so it does feel a bit like Chistmas.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Skyjumper

They are NOT allowed to tell you that. If this rep does, ask to speak to the store manager. They should be able to give you the device unboxed if you wish.

Believe me i have heard stories where reps have dropped the phones, cracked them & put their grease fingerprints all over the device. Charlo18888 on here said the same thing.

So just tell them to leave it as is & just to activate the sim card & leave it alone. All they need is the IMEI number & Serial number to add on the account. They can do that via the back of the device.

Also the other reason they open it is to make sure there is no damage on it when u first get it. This way if u want to return it, you can as they seen it. If u take it home & it has damage, they can claim u did it.