cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nasa25

Yes that is true.. Either way hopefully the prices are somewhat good. I will still end up getting the 128GB 6+ tho lol what they might do is add 2,500 Rogers First rewards points which equals to $25 and u can use that on there but u must be a Rogers First Rewards points customer or have it.

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll most likely pay tax on the flextab balance eh?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello nasa25

Yeah it seems so. There will be a subtotal of everything and then they will add taxes ontop of the subtotal to make it the total amount u will pay. All this will be on ur next invoice where its added.

analogboy
I Plan to Stick Around

So what happens to my old phone? Let's say I go to the store and get my iPhone 6, they activate it and everything is good. Will my old iphone 4s automatically stop working, at which case I can restore and sell it?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello analogboy

The sim card in your 4s will stop working and the 4S won't be able to make any calls, texts or have any signal as ur 6 will have that in the new sim. U will be able to restore it and sell it if u wish.

analogboy
I Plan to Stick Around

Totally off topic, but I can't help but wonder why someone would answer strangers questions if they aren't a Rogers employee? Don't get me wrong, I think it's fantastic and thank you for it, but I'm still curious as to why. True altruism is a rare thing to find.

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah it makes sense since the economic inducement last year was pre-tax, so it's only fair that the current balance is pre-tax as well

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello analogboy

I have been doing this for the past 4 year. I have people asking me they same question. I do i because i like and love to help users just like your self to get the correct answers and be there when needed. I do this on my own free time and get nothing out of it. Actually i lied i get happy knowing i am helping other than have questions.

It is rare to find someone like my self doing this for the past 4 years not only for the iPhone, i do it with most devices that are about to launch. I love to help out and give answers when needed. I get nothing out of it but a smile knowing i am able to help u guys out!

analogboy
I Plan to Stick Around
That's amazing...and oddly inspiring. Keep up the good work, and thanks for answering our questions.

Heavyd1981
I Plan to Stick Around

what you guys do in my shoes?

i have the 5s which has some great resale value.

that being said, would like to know your opinion.

option 1

wait until the 6s?

my early upgrade fee will be half of what it is now, but 5s value will be less in resale value as well.

option 2

buy phone out right?

option 3

pay my flextab and hardware upgrade which will be a total cost off approx $600?

good thing my plan still remains the same.

graystone14
I Plan to Stick Around

analogboy (and meowmix),

my son writes for a couple of US watch web authorities ("wound for life" for example).  He is not employed by the mfg nor does he own some of the watches he reviews as some are mega-dollars (+200,000$).  That being said, he knows more about the particular watch pieces than the MFG owned store employees selling selling them. To my son (and like meowmix) it' a love and to the employee, its just a job. You learn more through love than necessity.

good advice is good advice and meowmix.....has good advise!

jeremy1234
I Plan to Stick Around

Meow, hoping you can help me. I called rogers today and they told me I need to change my plan to get the iphone 6. I called them just yesterday to confirm and they said my plan is fine for upgrading to the iphone 6. All they can offer me is a 4gb plan for $110! Why the different story today and who do I talk to? I have been a customer for 10+ years and this is how I get treated?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jeremy1234

When you call in and tell you something, ALWAYS get them to write it on a note on your account and ask for the interaction ID number for that note. This way this can't happen. Call back and explain to them what happened last night and see what happens

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello graystone14

Awww very nice!! 

Exactly.. This is what i love to do. I love to help others and give them good advice and information on what they are asking. I don't get paid or get anything for doing al this. I do this for free and on my own time. Doing this for several years and couldn't be more happier to help each and everyone of you out! :). Hopefully this time next year i will do it again and everyone can come back if happy! 🙂 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello HeavyD1981

Honestly if u have the money to buy it outright, i would suggest you do that. This way u fully own the device and next year u can get the 6S without paying so much and the resell value for this one will still be high.

My second option is just get it and pay the upgrade fee and device price.

Harvey1881
I Plan to Stick Around

So does the device reservation for iPhone 6 start from midnight tonight or could it be from any point on the 12th? Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Harvey1881

It does not start at 12am tonight. I should start around 6:30am as it started last year & the other years before it. Midnight is only Apple.

James234134
I've Been Here Awhile
Is it midnight EST? Or 3am EST?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello James234134

It would be 6:30am EST. Rogers follows EST. Apple will be doing it at 12am EST as well.

jeremy1234
I Plan to Stick Around

Well looks like I won't be getting the new iphone. Was initially told my plan was fine, now today I'm told I must go to $110. What a rip. Was real polite and don't loose my cool on the phone with rogers. Oh well. Have fun with your new phone guys..... But I'm not willing to spend 110+ per month. 😞

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jeremy1234

Ahh man that sucks:(. Keep trying to see if what u got told yesterday will be said again. Remember always have them write it on a note on your account & ask for the ID interaction number.

Sorry man 😞