Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus 16GB, 64G,128GB " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.
Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or sometime before Friday!!!
Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.
Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.
Hey I know this was already discussed but I want to clarify. So does Rogers open up reservations at 6-7am eastern? I only ask because I'm positive Telus usually does midnight pacific which is 3am eastern.
So Rogers does 7am eastern 4am pacific? around there?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that is not yet fully paid for, but I am sick of Android and want to go back to an iPhone.
If I buy an unlocked iPhone 6 or 6Plus at the Apple Store, will I be able to connect it to the Rogers network and have access to all of the iPhone features?
Yes you will be able too BUT you will need to change the sim card to a Nano sim card. Apple should be able to provide one for you. If they do not, you need to go into a Rogers store or Rogers authorized dealer & get a nano sim card for $9.99+ tax. Then have them or call in & activate the nano sim card on your account. After that you should be all good & set!
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I looked up Telus, not sure what they did last year but the iPhone 5 was 3am eastern: http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-5-2/telus-iphone-5-pre-orders-start-at-12am-pdt-on-sept-14th/
I had just assumed all the carriers did it at the same time. It's my first month with Rogers which is why I was asking. But yeah if they go by eastern time....even better for me 😛
I do indeed like the idea of buying it outright from Apple but got a couple questions that I did not see asked yet, if so I am sorry for asking again;
1) If I buy one outright from Apple.ca would it be already unlocked and if so, as mentioned earlier just put in my sim card from my current iPhone 5?
2) If I went through the Rogers Device Upgrade would I be able to do a "buy back" through them of my current iPhone 5? If so would it be worth it as I am not sure how they are for value compared to selling privately.
Okay, thank you!
So, if I don't get it in the first shipment, when do you think I would get it (earliest, latest dates)?
I think I will do the online preorder first, but just to clarify: I will not have to pay anything extra if I do this? Like for shipping or something?
I would say around 12am Friday it will start ( Midnight). Apple has not said anything as you can see below. I am sure 12am tho.
" Pre-order from 12 September. Or visit an Apple Retail Store from 8:00 am on 19 September.