cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello qbvbsite

That is what i usually do. I upgrade and then once a new one comes out, i sell it and offset the prices as much as i can. The way i only pay a little bit.

hendersonsarah
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats correct, I too like the person above had to give up my 6GIG super data plan but its okay because the new plans are not bad, i got a good deal and  Iw as happy to switch into the new sharing plans, end of day my plan, I saving close to $60 per month on 2 phone lines.

I just want to be ready to upgrade, cause if you dont the day comes you will have issues getting the phoneand I dont want to be stuck in the line and end up accepting a crappy plan caue only retentions give you good plans.

Every year this happens where rogers system shuts down due to volume so this issue happening on launch day would be bad for upgrades!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello hendersonsarah

That is good. As long as you are happy with what they offered you that is all that matters!.

I agree its just to get ready just incase anything happens at the store & then more headaches happen lol.

The system will indeed shut down or be very slow during launch this is why i tell everyone i know that wants one to wait inline pretty early on Thursday or Friday midnight to get one. I have always been the first person to be waiting at my local Rogers store as i wait from 8-9pm Thursday night.

@Meowmix, I kinda of wished I did that earlier as I currently have a 3GS that is worthless lol.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello qbvbsite

lol aww. Well i have the S5. I still have the 3G but i used it as a iPod on my surround sound system 😛

hendersonsarah
I Plan to Stick Around

lol wow!!!! you line up at 8-9pm the night before???

I never wait in line that early, just an hour before and I am good!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello hendersonsarah

Yes i do. The store i usually go to people start lining up around 3-4am so its better going as early as possible. Plus i get some freebies like a case or a screen protector for being first lol.

Some stores if u go an hour or so early it depends & they may not have many in line. Remember the stores get a low amount of the devices in so the early u go, the better for u to get one.

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around

When the iPhone 5 launched, I was forced to go with my bf to Eaton Centre.. we got there at 6am and the line was almost 1000 ppl long.. LOL.. No thank you!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello charlo1108

I remember you were saying that last year lol. That is why i go early as this is also a new device, bigger & all that jazz & many will go get it. Thus its better going as early as possible then later on & not being able to get it or waiting all day lol

There is a Tim Hortons & a McDonalds down the street from the Rogers store i go too so waiting from 8-9pm Thrusday night isn't that bad. I bring a camping chair, book & a charger for the device i have & my buddy comes along so we have it set. Plus if it rains there is a roof ontop of us & we are set lol.

hendersonsarah
I Plan to Stick Around

haha fair enough you know your local store well. I am never lining up the night before again, its too much lol the rogers store I goto always has devices and I line up an hour before and i am good. No issues last 3 years, the year before I did APple store and 1000 people and its a joke!!! no thanks!!!

but its all fun! 🙂

mack

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello hendersonsarah

lol that is why i never go to the Apple store. I will only go there if i need to get a case or have the phone looked at. To by a phone from them? No i rather go to the rogers store & do it lol.

serge_bmw
I Plan to Stick Around

So if i purchase un unlocked phone and still have the old 6GB super plan all i need to do is swap sim card and good to go ?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello serge_bmw

If you buy the iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus via the Apple store outright, all you need to do is get a nano sim card ( if you do not have one) & activate it & put it into the phone. Nothing with the plan will change as you are NOT upgrading the account & getting a new phone via the carrier.

serge_bmw
I Plan to Stick Around

so i don't use the exsisting nano sim from my 5S ?

aa4543534
I've Been Here Awhile
I currently pay $130 a month (before taxes) for 2 lines that share 4GB data. Rogers says to get the iphone 6 i need to go on a share everything plan and the same 4GB plan is an extra $25 a month.

That extra $25 per month plus tax over 2 years is almost $700 more for the exact same service. Any suggestions from anyone on what to do without having to buy the phone out right?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello serge_bmw

You can if you like:). I am just saying if you do NOT have one, u need one.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello aa4543534

Unfortunately the only way to do something is to contact Rogers via calling them, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps & see what they can offer you. You may need to pay the extra to get the device.

Hi,

I was just checking to see my eligibility to upgrade my phone to a newer model and noticed that I am now qualify to reserve a new device.  So I clicked on the "Reserve Device" button and in the next screen I am prompt to select a phone.  However, only the iPhone 5c 16GB is selectable and I can't see any other phone in the drop down list.  I am 2 options to choose from "Cancel" or "Continue".  Selecting "Cancel" returns me to the same screen with iPhone 5c pre-selected.  I don't want to select "Continue" as that is not the phone I wanted.

Is anyone else having the same issue?  Or is the iPhone 5c the only phone I can upgrade to?

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello parapara_vince

At the moment the only phone is the 5C. The iPhone 6 & 6 Plus will be added on Friday morning for customers to reserve. Other devices can be bought via the Rogers store or call center when calling in. The reservation system is made for devices that are coming out for customers to reserve a device so if the stores get sold out, you have one this way,

You can upgrade to any phone you want. You can go into your local Rogers store & pick a device they have in stock & get one !

AppleForever
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I just have a few questions:

Say I reserve the iPhone 6 online, I do not have to wait in a long line at the (rogers) store, correct? So if I reserve it this Friday, I can go on the 19th and pick it up with no hassle?

Do you have to pay extra for pre-ordering? Say in a month or so, will it be the same price?

Sorry if these are obvious questions but this if my first time getting an iPhone on pre-release.

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AppleForever

It does not work like that. It all depends on the# you are when you reserve the device. If lets say you are #1,000 for the gold one you most likely won't get it unless Apple ships them #1,000 gold ones for the GB you order. Last year the all gold devices had a hard time being shipped out as Rogers barely got any from Apple.

If lets say you are #8 like i was last year, i got it at Launch. If you lets say have a #1,700 number or higher, you may not get it due to the stock Rogers gets. Remember this depends on the model & color you pick.

Apple iPhone prices are made by Apple. Apple tells the carriers what prices to set the device at. The carriers can NOT change the prices a month later even if they wanted to without Apple approving it.

I would honestly say reserve the device & see what # you are. That number is Canada wide. So lets say you are #48 for the Space Gray 64GB iPhone 6 Plus, that is Canada wide. If you want & have time to wait outside the store, i would do that too just incase yours does not ship out. Shipments will happen around next Tuesday to Wednesday so the store will get them Thursday of Friday. Sometimes the Devices will ship Thursday night & the store will get them Friday. Remember once the lower ones lose the number & go IN PROGRESS, your number will change & you will get a lower new number or might go IN PROGRESS as well. All this depends on what # you get once you reserve.

Never be sorry!. You can always ask questions on here!:).