cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5S & 5C Questions / Reservations number!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5S & 5C, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT  make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 5S /5C 16GB, 32GB, 64GB" & & the color of the device you want.  You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers.  Also just too add, Once the reservation goes into “IN PROGRESS” status, you can NOT change the device or store you picked. You will need to cancel the reservation & start all over again. You will lose the number you are at as well. The Status will stay “OPEN” Until Rogers start shipping them out. Last year they started shipping them out 2-3 days before the launch. The stores will get them either at launch or a day before. You can NOT get the device until release. The store will call you & let you know it’s at the store. Most likely Rogers will be sending out around 70-200 phones first & then the rest out. Depends on if they change it up this year

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with the iPhone 4 / 4S & iPhone 5 reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. The Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5S $ 5C prices on a 2 year term & outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5S 16GB : $199 Outright will be $719

iPhone 5S 32GB: $299 Outright will be $819

iPhone 5S 64GB: $399 outright will be  $919

It will be available in white, black and gold.

iPhone 5C 16GB - $99 Outright price will be $599

iPhone 5C 32GB - $199 Ouright price will be $719

It will be available in white, yellow, red, blue and green.

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5S & 5C in here please. I know this is a huge thing to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post).

***edited labels***

3,966 REPLIES 3,966

Re: Apple iPhone 5S & 5C Questions / Reservations number!

magrat22
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't forget me!  Need all the prayers I can get at this point 😛

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello magrat22

I will pray for everyone!! 🙂

matfigs
I Plan to Stick Around
Praying for you too magrat22! 🙂

I ordered my device upgrade through phone last friday afternoon. I was told that I should received mine this week but until now I haven't received any confirmation email so I called rogers today and I was told that iphone 5s gold 16gb is very limited and mine should take time between 2 to 3 weeks. I called again asking if I could reserve the note 3 while waiting for my 5s so I would get whichever comes first and the rep told me that my iphone has been shipped hours ago and I should receive it sometime nextweek and expect the email confirmation tonight.

Until now I haven't receive any email from rogers so I am starting to feel that the rep lied to me. Cross finger I hope he was telling the truth.

I also would like to thank meowmix for all the effort you put on this thread. I've been reading your post since iphone 5 launch and you were very helpful.

🙂 Thanks man!

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

I just purchased a 5s, as did my wife. She shows 'free' for all apps Apple recently released are free - iwork, iphoto, imovie.

However, on my phone, the apps show the normal price? Please help.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello chinoxii

The Note 3 gets released on Friday Oct 4th. ( Next Friday). I am #6 for the Jet Black for the Note 3. So depending on the number you are. You should get it either Friday when it gets released OR the following week after.

The 5S order most likely was ordered but the email system is probably having major issues right now. I wouldn't worry that much.

If you want, get a iPhone 5S from calling the stores or wait until the Note 3 comes out if you want that one.

You are welcome!. Yea back here once again this year!. Always will be no matter what. Will do the same next year as well! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dimudz88

Reading threw some sites, it seems this is ONLY for new Apple iDevice's users. If you are a existing one, you will not get them for free.

Read posts on the link below to see it

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57602031-37/apple-makes-iwork-apps-free-for-new-ios-devices/

chrisnicol
I've Been Here Awhile

#318 for a 32GB White 5S ... anyone have a rough ETA?

woodland
I Plan to Stick Around
1.5 weeks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello chrisnicol

I would say 1-3 weeks tops. At this moment, not many White / Silver ones have been shipped out. Once Rogers gets some in, the status will change to IN PROGRESS for a day or so & then ship out

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around
Apple will give away the suite of productivity apps to anyone who buys a new iOS device.

It doesn't say anything about existing ios users.

Plain and simple if you buy a 5s, uyou get to download the apps free.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dimundz88

Found it. So in other words, It should work :/. I would contact Apple & see what they say. I would highly suggest either doing a factory reset on the phone & trying then OR post this on the Apple community forums & see what they answer with.

" During the setup process, users will be prompted to download the five Apple apps for free. Apple will be making the apps available to all iOS 7 compatible devices purchased after September 1st. "

http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/10/apple-makes-iwork-apps-iphoto-and-imovie-free-with-all-new-ios-devices...

BatJoe
I Plan to Stick Around

My order for an unlocked iPhone 5S Space Gray 64GB is still in "Processing" through Apple's website. I wonder if anyone else has had their online order with Apple actually shipped out. I'm still within the 7-10 ship out time from the time I ordered it at 3:01am on the 20th, so we'll see.

Does anyone know how Apple online ships out? What carrier they use? If it is ground or air? Do they ship from the states?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BatJoe

You are hitting 7 days. Right now 12AM sept 27th. So I would wait till monday or Tuesday and see.

Ordering threw Apple seems like many did ordered threw them. So it could take a bit as well.

They ship from Canada. They use UPS as well. Sometimes Canada post. They ships ground unless you pick for faster shipping which will be air.

BatJoe
I Plan to Stick Around

When I spoke to someone from Apple he said I was lucky to be one of the few quoted a specific period, as most people we're given general "October" timeframes.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BatJoe

You are. Mostly everyone I know which ordered a bit after you did, have October as their timeframe.

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I signed in and out of the App Store and it worked. Free apps 🙂

matfigs
I Plan to Stick Around
Meowmix, is the a certain time that rogers usually updates people statuses to in progress? Lol I just want my status to change from 65 to in progress already!

magrat22
I Plan to Stick Around
It just depends on if they have stock Matfigs. If there is nothing in the warehouse it can stay open for weeks just when we were waiting for gold/silver. Just have to hope there's another 100 in the warehouse and we all on here can get one by early next week.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello matfigs

It all depends. Like Magrat22 said, if there is nothing in the warehouse, they won't update it.
Now if they so get device in, they will update the status with 1-3 hours. They have to count the devices, sort them out and then contact u guy and change ur status