cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5S & 5C Questions / Reservations number!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5S & 5C, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT  make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 5S /5C 16GB, 32GB, 64GB" & & the color of the device you want.  You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers.  Also just too add, Once the reservation goes into “IN PROGRESS” status, you can NOT change the device or store you picked. You will need to cancel the reservation & start all over again. You will lose the number you are at as well. The Status will stay “OPEN” Until Rogers start shipping them out. Last year they started shipping them out 2-3 days before the launch. The stores will get them either at launch or a day before. You can NOT get the device until release. The store will call you & let you know it’s at the store. Most likely Rogers will be sending out around 70-200 phones first & then the rest out. Depends on if they change it up this year

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with the iPhone 4 / 4S & iPhone 5 reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. The Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5S $ 5C prices on a 2 year term & outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5S 16GB : $199 Outright will be $719

iPhone 5S 32GB: $299 Outright will be $819

iPhone 5S 64GB: $399 outright will be  $919

It will be available in white, black and gold.

iPhone 5C 16GB - $99 Outright price will be $599

iPhone 5C 32GB - $199 Ouright price will be $719

It will be available in white, yellow, red, blue and green.

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5S & 5C in here please. I know this is a huge thing to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post).

***edited labels***

3,966 REPLIES 3,966

Re: Apple iPhone 5S & 5C Questions / Reservations number!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Targetsu

Go into My Rogers - Overview - Device Balance / Pay Balance. It will show you what the flextab amount it will be.

If that is the price you are seeing, then that is what u will need to pay. You can contact Rogers retentions & see if they can lower your upgrade fee. Try that & see.

One thing people need to understand (and dont fully realize) is the REAL price of these phones.

An Iphone (just about any of them as they have been released) are usually around $700 straight out buy. When you sign up on a contract/flex tab.. they are giving you upto $500 off that phone, a loan almost, which is paid off over that term (3, or 2 year now).

So, its based off how long you have had it.. the longer you have had it, the more of that 'loan' you have paid back.

The NEW price of the NEW phone, you would be paying, no matter what, whenever you upgrade, if your contract is done or not.

Many people will often SELL their old phone for a few hundred (still cheaper than $700 new) to help re-couperate that cost.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Gdkitty

That is correct. As my calculations would be, the next time u upgrade let's say next year, it will be cheaper.

MrFido
I Plan to Stick Around
Fido just said you cannot reserve the 5s only 5c, you can only get the 5s thorough apple . Is this the case for roger as well ?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is the case for EVERY carrier in canada, US, etc.  NO ONE is doing 5s reservations

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MrFido

That is NOT correct. You can get the iPhone 5S from any local Fido / Roger / Bell or Telus or any carrier that will carry it.. However you can NOT pre order or reserve the iPhone 5S on any carrier and same with Apple this has been said many times by me on this thread and same with Apple 

rsxmachine
I Plan to Stick Around

Whats the Corporate 3 Yr pricing for the Iphone 5S. It can't be 229, that doesn't make sense.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello rsxmachine

All Canadian carriers stop using 3 year terms. Now they have 2 year terms just like the states. Its been said in here as well and if u look at the Rogers website, u will see it

rsxmachine
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats not true. The 2 yr does not apply to corporate contracts. For corporate plans, it stays at 3 years until the plan is renegotiated. You can even look at the 2 yr announcement by rogers and that it states not applicable to MSD.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello rsxmachine

Oh my bad. I read it thinking u were talking about normal accounts. Yes u are correct tho. It does not make sense to keep you guys on 3 year terms.

Call and all about the pricing.

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor
so much for upgrading..

rogers is "suddenly" demanding a min of $60 per month plan to even be able to upgrade to the 5c or 5s or upgrade to ANYTHING period..of coarse none of that was written on the site or told to us before, & the orignal reason i called was about the $229 price for 16gb.

i have 300mins + 5gb data w/my10 canada wide for $58(-$10 for remainder of contract cause of a previous issue so $48!), look at their plans (for MB) & tell me how CRAP the data is even the minutes compared to what i have, so im expected to pay MORE per month for LESS much less data while rogers is all touting about "lte this lte that GET IT!!", strip our plans for a high price or no upgrade, rogers did it again...i guess getting $313+$229+$15 if i was to upgrade isnt enough for them..

my iphone 5 will live on then no upgrade, rogers lost a chance to get $500+ from me cauae they got greedy with "plan policies", even telling me to get it from apple, "its only about $800 inc taxes then u can keep your plan!" ya no..hope the battery in this 5 doesnt wear too much in another 1-2 years..

"we might have better upgrade offer plans with high data/my10 for $60 on launch day" sure...try to sucker me into upgrading more huh..not happening rogers...cant wait for their new "sudden silent policies" when the iphone 6 launches...

anyone know how much a new battery from apple would cost? calling them gives me stupid answering machines that hang up on me...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello inferno129

That is true. They never said anything until NOW when the prices and reservation opened. All you have to do id contact Rogers retentions and try and negotiate a plan that is suitable for the upgrade.
I do find it odd and honestly what i am thinking is because ghry MIGHT come out with a. 6GB plan which may be $60 with minutes.  Who knows tho. 

As for the battery, it can cost around $80-$100 to replace is. Better yet call a Apple store and keep pressing 0000 until a live agent comes on. Ask them and see.

elmasry123
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Meowmix,

I upgraded to the iPhone 5 last year, and my flextab balance is approximately $320 as well. I checked the upgrade eligibility tool just out of curiosity and it says $500. I read your explanation but I don't entirely understand it. You're saying that if I went to the store to upgrade to the 5S, they would charge me the full 500, when I should only be paying 320. But when I get my next invoice, what would happen? Will they credit me back the 180?

Any further clarification would be much appreciated, as you definitely seem to know your stuff. 

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello elmasry123

That is correct. The reason why is because the store systems will show the upgrade price as you are upgrading your line. Once the upgrade is done, the store will give u the contract saying you are paying $500 BUT the store will should explain that because the back end team office has to change it, it will take one or two billing cycles. In the end, your invoice will show " flextab amount $320" instead of " upgrade fee"$500".

I have done this on my other line and my sisters line and this is how it works. If u want to make sure, call in and have the rep tell u the same thing. Ask the rep to write a note on your account explaining all this and ask for the interaction ID number to make sure

heyyoudvd
I Plan to Stick Around
elmasry123,

Keep in mind that you don't actually pay for the phone in the store. When you pick up the iPhone, you're not charged for it there, rather, it simply goes onto your next Rogers bill.

So it's not that Rogers charges you $500 and then has to credit you back $180; rather, you'll only ever pay the $320.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello heyyoudvd

That is correct as well. Once u do a upgrade, your amount will be billed on your next invoice like i said above BUT you will see the flextab amount, not the amount the store tells u.

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor

remember if you have a good grandfathered plan thats under $60/month (ADDONS DONT COUNT) you will have to change your plan or you wont be able to upgrade..make sure theres a plan available you like (probably not). & retentions/cancellations dept isnt budging..all theyre offering is discounts on other plans like giving me a sort of similar plan with LOCAL MINS ONLY with 5gb data for $95..or some crap 2gb plan for $75..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello inferno129

That is correct. Like i said before, u can call in and see if they can make a deal with u. I am sure a rep can if u talk to them or a manager

Luc112
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow, can't believe it's already been a year since I was checking this site frequently, it's nice to see you all. I won't be very much involved this year, as I have no interest in purchasing a new Iphone until next year. Just stopping in to say hello.

elmasry123
I Plan to Stick Around

Awesome, thanks for the clarification meowmix.

Also, heyyoudvd, i realized that after i asked, completely forgot that that's how it works. Thanks for the heads up!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Luc112

Hello to you too!. I am still on the fence if i am getting the iPhone 5S or not. I am leaning towards yes but still thinking about it.