cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rparkington

Yea it is. Somehow i have a great battery line on my iPhone 5 then any other iPhone i have owned.

@Xanadoo

You are welcome:)

Burt
I've Been Here Awhile

Corporate Account

I ordered the 64GB Black on Sept 15,  I was 674 out of 1338. 

Last night my status changed to in progress Activation and I was 0 out of 1338.   This morning it still showed Activation.  I just checked again and now it is back to In progress(Pre Fulfillment.

Has this happened to anyone else and am I getting my phone soon or am I back in the waiting game?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Burt

You already posted this in the other thread that i seen. From the looks of it, it may seem the system changed it either by accident or there is a error in their system

Burt
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Meowmix. Sorry I didn't know which thread would be better to post so I did 2 of them :).  I guess I will have to give Rogers Business a call to find out what's happening.

this may be a little off topic, but does anyone know how to get my blackberry contacts onto my new iphone? I no longer have the cable that connects my bb to my laptop, and google sync can no longer be downloaded onto the blackberry.

Any advice?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jcheung29

You can save all the blackberry contacts into outlook & then restore them into the iPhone using iTunes.

jdawe
I Plan to Stick Around

Xanadoo -- I'm around #1200 on the same list as you, after starting out at around #6700 more than 2 weeks ago.  The list hasn't been moving steadily -- it will barely go down at all for several days in a row and then suddenly drop by ~1000.  I've gone down over 5500 spots in the last 19 days, but more than 4000 of that decrease was on four specific days.

Based on what Meow has said, I gather Rogers gets new shipments from Apple once or twice a week and can process them fairly quickly when it does.  I'm guessing that a lot of the movement on other days is from people lower in the queue cancelling their reservations after finding the phone at a store.

ilikesports
I Plan to Stick Around

For those waiting for the 16 gig black in the 10,000s, I started at over 14,000 on saturday, the 29th. After 12 days I'm now at around 7600. At this rate, my expected total wait time is a month. 

For those waiting on 32gigs or up, start calling all the Rogers stores in your area. Every now and then, a store or two will have one in stock that you can walk in and pick up. Sometimes, people reserve the phone and then decide they don't want it or they don't claim it within the amount of time allotted and it goes to whoever walks in first and asks for it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ilikesports

This is true. When someone does NOT claim the reserved iPhone or says they do not need it, the store will sell it to the first come first serve walk-ins. This happens all the time.

hey meowmix,

can you explain a little further how i would do that? remember that i don't have the cable to connect my blackberry to my computer...

rparkington
I Plan to Stick Around

For anyone who has received their phone, does this sound normal? I've been on standby for 7.5 hrs, usage has been 2.5 hrs and I've used 10% of battery. Does that sound reasonable?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rparkington

That sounds normal to me. I have had that on mine as well.

FR
I Plan to Stick Around

If I did not purchase my iphone from a rogers plus store (got it from future shop), can I still buy apple care from a rogers store or even apple?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello FR

In order to get Apple care + if you bought the phone somewhere else, you will need to buy it within the 30 days of purchase. You need to buy it from Apple at this time. Either over the phone OR at the store.

rparkington
I Plan to Stick Around

If you want the regular AppleCare ($79) you can do it over the phone. If you want the AppleCare+ ($99) you need to do it in an Apple Store as they need to inspect it for damage. The AppleCare+ allows for 2 instances of accidental damage, however they will charge an additional $49 for each damage claim. Well worth the money in my opinion, but that just an opinion.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@rparkington

There is not Apple Care for $79 anymore. Apple Care + is $99 for both calling in & going to the store. That is what they just told me when i called.

"Apple hardware coverage

AppleCare+provides repair or replacement coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians. Service coverage includes the following:

Your iPhone
Battery
Included earphones and accessories
Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling, each subject to a $49 service fee plus applicable tax.1

http://store.apple.com/us/product/APP_IPHONE_PLUS_AUTO-110480/applecare-for-iphone

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/applecare

Dot01
I Plan to Stick Around

Great battery life is one off the things I'm looking forward to.   My 16gb black just arrived at the Rogers store today.  Hope to pick it up today or tomorrow.  😍

rparkington
I Plan to Stick Around

@meowmix

When I called I was told I could purchase the $79 AppleCare immediately with that agent but if I wanted the AppleCare+ I had to go to the Apple Store. I went to the store and bought the AppleCare+. I think Apple is no different than any other big company, if you talk to 10 people, you'll get 10 different answers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
That is true. Well I paid $99 for it but it's okay lol.

jdawe
I Plan to Stick Around

@ilikesports wrote:

For those waiting on 32gigs or up, start calling all the Rogers stores in your area. Every now and then, a store or two will have one in stock that you can walk in and pick up. Sometimes, people reserve the phone and then decide they don't want it or they don't claim it within the amount of time allotted and it goes to whoever walks in first and asks for it.

True enough.  However, my understanding is that if you do this you will not get the $50 credit you are otherwise entitled to get for having reserved the phone on the reservation system and not had it shipped within 14 days, even if you're already over the 14-day mark (as many of us now are).  Further, I'm now only 9 days away from qualifying for another $50 credit for waiting > 28 days, so I'm inclined just to wait it out.

mus1x
I Plan to Stick Around

Barely any drop this week 😞 hopefully tomorrow.

Still at 321