cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You are welcome 🙂

matt_gold
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm at 4667 now....patient, but pretty excited.

Can anybody recommend a good anti-glare screen protector?  My wife has the Ifrogz anti-glare, it's actually pretty good, fingers glide nicely on the surface.  Doesn't cause too much diffusion or dithering of fine lines, or small text, as many anti'glare screens will.  I don't, at the moment, see them releasing a version for I5 for some reason.

Any recommendations?

ps I got the insipio feather from Case123 in Markham.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@matt_gold

Rogers sells a few anti glare screen protectors. I would see about those.

matt_gold
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I'll look into that.  I feel like a dope....I bought a Zagg invisibleshield on the weekend....only to realize that it's glossy, and I really want the matte finish, that makes for  a better finger gliding experience.  I opened the package, even pulled open the little plastic baggie inside...no way I can return it.  Maybe I'll try getting rid of it on craigslist or kijiji.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@matt_gold

Try selling it online for a cheap price. That will get rid of it. Yea i need to get a anti glare one my self .

lulwaffles
I Plan to Stick Around

matt_gold
I Plan to Stick Around

@lulwaffles

good stuff.

Am I right in thinking that there are 4 versions...

Ultra CrystalSGP08196

Ultra FineSGP08197

Ultra OleophobicSGP08198

Ultra OpticsSGP08199

and from what I can gather, the oleophobic is the non-stick, matte type.

which did you order?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I have a question for the ones with the 32GB model. How much is your flextab right now? I am wondering if Rogers screwed me over again.

rparkington
I Plan to Stick Around

I like the Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector. You can get them from the Apple Store but they won't be available until later this month.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I was looking for that my self as well. I will be going to the Apple store soon to get a new case for the phone.

matt_gold
I Plan to Stick Around

Just did some reading about the Power Supply anti glare....looks pretty good.

One bit of feedback said the folks at apple actually installed the thing on the woman's Iphone before she left the store, took them 5 minutes.  I wonder if this is a possibility...  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@matt_gold

They do that as well. Once i go get it, i am going to ask them nicely if they can do it for me. If they make a mistake on it, they will give you another one for free.

wills877
I Plan to Stick Around
Hopefully they ship a lot today, after the holiday. I'm still around 10,000th, it feels like this is gonna take a month:(

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Most likely will drop down today and tomorrow as well.:)

wills877
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks, I hope so.
My girlfriend ordered the 16 gb white one and was like 5000 spots better then me. I guess it's not as popular, I debated switching to the white one but I think I'll hold out for black.

rjean86
I've Been Here Awhile

still waiting for my black 16gb iphone, reserved it the saturday after they announced its release.........don't hold your breath this reservation system is superfluous. I could have already had the phone by now from a retailer. Pretty poor system you have here Rogers...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rjean86

Rogers is not at fault here. Apple has a huge fault as well in this. Apples suppliers had major issues on where they barely send them enough devices. Apple controls on how many devices they send to the carriers. You guys may not know this but its true. Rogers takes whatever Apple sends them.

pdubois64
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly. I don't get why some people think Rogers DOESN'T want to get a new phone into your hands ASAP. Means nothing but more $ for them.

seveniron
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been on the business list for a 64 GB Black since Sept 21. Dropped from 871 to 736 in this time. Walked into a Rogers Plus this week end and asked if they had any. Was asked if I was a NEW or EXISTING customer. Turns out they had some in stock, but for NEW cusomers only, not for upgrades. Doesn't matter that I have been without a phone since Sept 5 when it was stolen.  😞

Ah well.....patience patience is my motto.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@seveniron

Well the numbers on the business lines mean nothing when they drop. The drops are because people are cancelling. Rogers will start the progress & ship them out the number you are.
Hopefully you get the phone soon

AlbertMar
I Plan to Stick Around

Im on the same list waiting for the Iphone 5 16gb, my position #1779 out of 3743, its outrageous they keep the phone for new customers only!!! they dont care about existing customers, they care only about doing some new customers, bottom line they care only about money!!