cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

milesfinlay
I Plan to Stick Around

Got my "Shipped" email and text today. 32GB Black, pre-ordered on September 15 and was originally about 8,200 on the list. Sat at #48 from about Monday to Wednesday and then went "In progress" on Thursday (yesterday). Was told it'd take up to 4 days for that to change to "Shipped" but looks like they did it super fast and saved themselves $50!

Just to let you know, I'm on the business side and I reserved the 16GB black iphone.

Order Time 9/14/2012 9:41:07 AM

STATUS                           UPDATED STATUS STATUS        CHANGE DATE

Open                                In progress(Pre Fulfillment)           9/21/2012 9:45:10

In progress(Pre Fulfillment) In progress                                 10/4/2012 14:33:35

In progress                        In progress(Activation)                 10/4/2012 14:48:23

In progress(Activation)        In progress(Finalization)              10/5/2012 12:41:41

In progress(Finalization)     Shipped-Closed                          10/5/2012 12:42:02  

I'm still #80 out of 3627...   At 9:41 on september 14th I was 97 out of 97, on 28th I was 84 out of 3000+

What I understand is that on business side, the numbers go down only when there are cancellations...

I talked many times with reps to figure out what was happening with business customers reservation spot being stalled but the only thing I can now conclude is that they know absolutely nothing and they think they do... 

imsaraj
I Plan to Stick Around

PLEASE BE AWARE!!!! READ CHAT BELOW REGARDING $50 CREDIT!!!!!!!!! 

3:27 PM  Support session established with Philippe.
3:27 PM   Philippe: Hi, you’ve reached Philippe. How may I help you?
3:28 PM   Sara J: Hello Philippe, hope you're well. I've reserved an i5 through Rogers.com on Monday September 24th. I would like to confirm I will receive a $50 credit should the device not ship by October 8th, 2012.
3:30 PM   Philippe: That is if not shipped from 14 days after the highest date between your reservation date and the launch date, which makes this by Friday.
3:31 PM   Sara J: How so? I'm not quite sure what "highest date" means.
3:32 PM   Philippe: The latest, sorry.
3:33 PM   Sara J: The text on FAQ's say "as a limited time offer, if your device doesn't ship within 14 days from launch or reservation, whichever is later, we'll apply a $50 credit to your account for your patience" I reserved my device after the launch date on the 21st, so, 14 days after the reservation date (the latest date) bring us to October 8th.
3:34 PM   Philippe: from launch or reservation, whichever is later
3:35 PM   Philippe: The phone launched on Friday the 28th, thus 2 weeks makes it Friday, the 12th.
3:35 PM   Sara J: The launch date was September 21st, no?
3:37 PM   Philippe: No. Reservation started on that day. The official launch is the 28th.
3:38 PM   Sara J: Hmm, I'll have to look into this. Thank you for the information. I will forward this chat to the Apple forum on the Rogers website so other customers are aware. Have a nice long weekend.
3:39 PM   Philippe: You may keep a copy of this chat for your personnal records but the chat itself should not be distributed.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Um is this guy even remotely a CSR? The phone launched Sept 21st.. The reservations opened up on the Friday of the 14th.. I think this rep may just have not known anything or just saying that to confuse you.

None the less. I would not believe any of that. The rep seems not to be aware of dates or anything him self.

Speak to another rep online & see what they say.

modi_lucky
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

Um is this guy even remotely a CSR? The phone launched Sept 21st.. The reservations opened up on the Friday of the 14th.. I think this rep may just have not known anything or just saying that to confuse you.

None the less. I would not believe any of that. The rep seems not to be aware of dates or anything him self.

Speak to another rep online & see what they say.

I think this CSR person is high! lol (no offence)... This is like the biggest launch for any cell phone company and you are not even aware of the correct dates, wow!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Modi_lucky

I agree!. It seems this rep was never aware of this launch OR just played it like it didn't know & gave out the wrong info. Little does he know tho that we record the convos & show them around..

zv
I Plan to Stick Around
Hey guys, quick question, when you use the Reservation System, when you go to pick up the phone from the store, are there any costs involved? like will I have to pay an activation fee or anything on the spot? or is everything just addon on to my bill?

ilikesports
I Plan to Stick Around

Call Rogers, speak to customer service, ask for a manager. Give them the chat ID#. Read the chat back to them and tell them you don't appreciate being mislead and ask how they are going to rectify the situation for you?

lulwaffles
I Plan to Stick Around
@zv

When I did my upgrade they charged the fee to my next bill. Just had to sign the paper and they will activate the phone there for you. Don't have to pay for anything on the spot.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ZN

You will not pay anything at all unless you are doing a new activation. This is the ONLY time they charge you for the phone. If you are doing a upgrade, the phone & admin fee it will be billed to you on the next invoice you get.

zv
I Plan to Stick Around
sick, thanks

matt_gold
I Plan to Stick Around

I just thought of another dimension to this reservation 50$ dilemna

the email I got this morning, the first I've received about my reservation, says 

"Our iPhone 5 Guarantee to You
For a limited time, we guarantee that your iPhone 5 will be shipped within 2 weeks or we'll give you a $50 credit!*"

How can I confirm my reservation date?  it was sept 23rd....how can I confirm that?

It isn't treating my case like I reserved today, or my reservation has only been acknowledged officially today?!?!??!

lulwaffles
I Plan to Stick Around

Just recieved a text message from Rogers about the $50 credit:

"Our iPhone5 GUARANTEE - because your reserved device didn't ship within 14 days, you are now eligible for a $50 credit! The credit will appear on your 1st or 2nd invoice after you recieve & activate your iPhone 5. We'll send you a text msg confirmation when the credit has been applied. Visit rogers.com/reserve for full eligibility details."

So.. Its official now?

I reserved on September 20th and am still number 3000ish in the queue but I just got a text from Rogers acknowledging that my device did not ship within 14 days and confirming that I will get the $50 credit. So it is 14 days NOT 14 business days!

koolforkatz
I've Been Here Awhile

Ordered my iPhone on the 19th of Sept.  Just received a text message from Rogers stating I would receive the $50 credit as per their guarantee since it wasn't delivered in time...

surrealogical
I've Been Around

Just got a text from Rogers:

"Our iPhone 5 GUARANTEE - because your reserved device didn't ship within 14 days, you are now eligible for a $50 credit! The credit will appear on your 1st or 2nd invoice after you receive & activate your iPhone 5. We'll send you a text msg confirmation when the credit has been applied...."

I reserved my iPhone 5 32GB on September 20. Today is Oct 5 - that's 2 weeks (14 days).

wiclee
I've Been Around

Hey Guys.

I ordered 32GB Black on 17SEP and started with Waiting List number 6586.

The Status was changed to "In Progress" early this moring as well as right now.

Just received text message from Rogers regarding the $50 credit guarantee as follows:

Rogers svc msg: Our iPhone 5 GUARANTEE - because your reserved device didn't ship within 14 days, you are now eligible for a $50 credit! The credit will appear on your 1st or 2nd invoice after you receive & activate your iPhone 5. We'll send you a text msg confirmation when the credit has been applied. Visit rogers.com/reserve for full eligibility details.

Pinz
I Plan to Stick Around

For Rogers business customers, we made a spreadsheet tracking everyone's orders.  I am the only one who ordered a 64GB so I have no idea if they even started shipping them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtF8LaySrGEgdGg4dFdmX213T0Q1QjdOSDBBM2oycWc

pdubois64
I Plan to Stick Around

@koolforkatz wrote:

Ordered my iPhone on the 19th of Sept.  Just received a text message from Rogers stating I would receive the $50 credit as per their guarantee since it wasn't delivered in time...

Well there you have it. Confirmed 2 calender weeks.

Lomky
I Plan to Stick Around
I got the same message. I reversed the afternoon of the 21st. So now I guess Rogers can really drag their feet, haha.

Lomky
I Plan to Stick Around
Meant reserved.