cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

#1174 out of 2326 - 32GB Black

matt_gold
I Plan to Stick Around

quick question.....

a lot of folks post their number along with the total count, as in 3000 out of 4000.

My number only shows my number, not the total as well.

Is this a business phone thing?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@matt_gold

Yea it is ONLY for business customers that can see that.

AlbertMar
I Plan to Stick Around

mine is #1800 out of 3598  16gb Black  Smiley Mad

rparkington
I Plan to Stick Around

I just received my first reservation update email from Rogers. They promised them weekly but that hasn't happened. It makes no mention of the credit being after 14 business days, only 14 days. For many of us, if it isn't "shipped" by midnight tonight, you'll get your credit.

matt_gold
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya I just got my first reservation update.  Make no mention of 14 business days, but it does say "two weeks".  So I guess that means two weeks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Speaking to 3 managers they told me it went business days. Weird tho. If anything keep the emails just incase that happens.

ilikesports
I Plan to Stick Around

According to the gregorian calendar, one week consists of seven days.  Therefore, two weeks = 14 days! Can someone confirm?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ilikesports

That is correct:). I would suggest keeping those emails just incase they say anything!

matt_gold
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

That's the key, holding on to the emails....if it is business days, they have left an incriminating paper trail claiming two weeks.  If anything, it could be great ammunition to use with the retention dept!

Lomky
I Plan to Stick Around
Welly well. Just got an email from Rogers. This was a status update telling me that I am 2244 in line. It also said, and I quote:

Our iPhone 5 Guarantee to You
For a limited time, we guarantee that your iPhone 5 will be shipped within 2 weeks or we'll give you a $50 credit!*

When your device is ready, we will ship it to the store that you chose at:

So this matches what my retentions rep said. He specifically said 2 weeks, not 14 days. This would mean that it includes non business days, how could you word it to not: 2 weeks business days.

Anyway, I should think that 2 weeks would give you $50. My two weeks is up today, and it doesn't look like its coming.

Nice to see the status update email though.

matt_gold
I Plan to Stick Around

In other news, yesterday I bought the Insipio Feather Ultralight case.

40$, if you can believe that.  Does anybody have this one, and is it a good case?  If I find one I like better I can still take this one back...or If I find it signifigantly cheaper elsewhere.  I think bestbuy is selling them for 35.

modi_lucky
I Plan to Stick Around

For everyone expecting a credit for Rogers... I would also suggest taking a snapshot of Rogers' FAQ page where it just says "days" (not business days or anything)... you might end up needing that 😉

Ampler
I Plan to Stick Around

@matt_gold wrote:

In other news, yesterday I bought the Insipio Feather Ultralight case.

40$, if you can believe that.  Does anybody have this one, and is it a good case?  If I find one I like better I can still take this one back...or If I find it signifigantly cheaper elsewhere.  I think bestbuy is selling them for 35.

Google Case123 (located in Markham, ON).  They sell them for $24.99.

matt_gold
I Plan to Stick Around

@Ampler 

wow big difference in price. 

Do you think there's any chance it's a fake Insipio, do you think fake insipios exist?  (I've come to realize that there's a zillion fake Moshi's)

Shiraz
I Plan to Stick Around

Dropped to 500 today, with any luck, phone will be shipped next week sometime.

Ampler
I Plan to Stick Around

@ matt_gold

I've been in the store and I can honestly say that if they are fakes, then they are pretty good ones!  No, they and feel real.  I actually bought an $8 "generic" TRU case from there and even that is pretty good quality. 

rparkington
I Plan to Stick Around

Was out at lunch today looking for an iPhone in London. The 64GB is very available (Apple Store, Best Buy, Futureshop). The 32 and 16 were no where to be found.

pdubois64
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like it was email update day, I got one too. It will be interesting to see if you guys who are now eligable for the $50 credit, based on 2 weeks, end up getting it.

benamin
I Plan to Stick Around

16gb black went from 1139 last night to 311 this morning, still OPEN status. I"m guessing they got their shipment and not enough to fill my order. Since I only see significant changes on fridays I am guessing another week till another friday shipment for me.

Guess I get the $50.

Dotsut
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes but if they tried to say 14 business days that would be different....