cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

rparkington
I Plan to Stick Around

I could be wrong but I think my number for 16GB Black may have went up today. Pretty sure I was at 6025 earlier today and now I'm at 6033. Anyone else notice this?

Victoria_guy
I Plan to Stick Around
@tomjones
You wrote "Has anyone waiting for the 64GB in black seen any recent significant movement in their position??!!! I'm getting tired of waiting"

No significant movement. I've gone down from #355 on Sept 24th to #299 today

matt_gold
I Plan to Stick Around

ok just need a quick vent....

ordered 16g black on sept 23rd...11 days ago.

Only gone down two thousdand or so in that time, from something in the nine thousand's to....

#6779.  following a function curve of this time, I have another 33 days to wait till the phone get shipped.

Please tell me it's gonne drop by, like, 5 thousand any day now....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Shortengoneild

Log into My Rogers - Overview - Device Reservation. ( Red Button). That will take you to the reservation page. Also once your status changes to SHIPPED, that is when you will get a email with a tracking number.

I find it incredibly frustrating reading on these boards about people who reserved the 16GB model (in particular) and have moved thousands of positions in days, in some cases already claiming their phones, whereas it appears there is no stock available of the 64GB device.

I understand that it is ultimately Apple that determines what they send to Rogers but this level of discrepancy is infuriating! I can't believe the powers that be couldn't predict this type of bottleneck would happen given past experience and been better prepared for this inevitability.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@matt_gold

It most likely will drop Tomorrow & Saturday. sunday & Monday they do not work so most likely by the end of next week you may get it:).

pwed
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

abriere
I'm Here A Lot

And here starts the games from Rogers to avoid paying out anything.  People were able to pick up their phones on weekends, correct?  Then they should be included.  Nothing in the fine print states it doesn not include weekends.

I think I've been quite patient up to this point, but if this takes any longer, I'm gonna have a real fit on someone.  Is Bell or Telus having problems like this?  I don't think so.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@abriene

The thing is anyone can pick up the device any time. The thing is the warehouse is closed on Sundays. They need a day off. Also UPS does not ship on the weekends.

If your device is at the store on the weekend, you are able to get it anytime. The $50 rebate will only apply if the device does not ship.

pdubois64
I Plan to Stick Around

You can blame Apple, they can just never produce enough to meet demand, good problem for them.

This is just like when the 4 came out. Apples stores got all the units and Rogers got a trickle. I'll be lining up at an Apple store pretty soon just like I ended up doing with the 4.

This is the first I've heard of the 14 days not including weekends.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Apple always does this. They send more devices to their stores instead of the carriers. Its always happened with all the iPhone launches. Its weird but blame Apple, not Rogers. Apple sends whatever amount they want to the carriers. All the carriers will want all the amounts they want BUT Apple makes the decision on how many device they ship. It always happens like that.  

How is Rogers supposed to ship a device if UPS, Canada Post which Rogers uses DOES NOT work on the weekends. If you call Rogers, they will tell you it means business days. Believe me i should know. 

They never added that on the FAQ for some odd reason.

FR
I Plan to Stick Around

I just upgraded to the iphone from future shop, so I just went to cancel my reservation (since it's still open), but there's no longer the red reservation button in my rogers...how do I cancel, do I have to call?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@FR

The Reps over the phone will not be able to cancel it. When you log in, does it show you a page that shows the iPhone 5 banner and 3 selections on the bottom? If so click on the banner, it will take you there.

FR
I Plan to Stick Around
there's no banner on my rogers page, but there's a banner on the main page when I log in, so after I clicked on it, it says "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and it cannot be updated at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience." However, I can still access my rogers, just not the reservation.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@FR

It could be they are fixing the reservation system. I am able to access mine so i don't know tho.

EDIT - i try to log into my accounts and it shows me that exact message. System problem i guess.

Dotsut
I Plan to Stick Around

From my email confirmation it it 14 days from launch date, NOT business days.  I will argue this if they try that.

If your device doesn’t ship within 14 days from launch or your reservation, whichever is later, we’ll apply a $50 credit* to your account as our thanks for your patience. The $50 credit will appear on one of your next two invoices following the activation of your reserved device on your account.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Dotsun

Remember even if your argue, Rogers will always get their way no matter what way you take. Believe me i have seen everything. I would suggest speaking to a Manager and see what they say.

FR
I Plan to Stick Around
wow, another low blow rogers, it says that "There are no Wireless accounts registered with your online profile." how is this possible!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@FR

Its been doing this every single day since they opened the reservation system. Also remember they shut down the site for system issues / fixes.

Dotsut
I Plan to Stick Around

No worries that happened to me a couple of weeks ago, my account was fine after a hour or so.  

Needsanickname
I'm Here A Lot
Rovers is working hard to avoid the $50 credit. I went from "in progress" one day to shipped the next