cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Revan462
I Plan to Stick Around

Hrm I guess I'll go with what I still have reserved...honestly it can't be that much longer and who knows, calling every so often might get me lucky. Called Best Buy and Rogers and they told me when to call so I will and we'll see what happens.

monty
I Plan to Stick Around

Every once in a while i've read on here someone saying they were (for example) #500 out of #2000 (made up numbers)   Does it say that for everyones or is that for business accounts?  My number just has what number I am.   Am #269 now, for my 64gb,, getting closer.  But i'm so excited that at the same time it seems so far away LOL.   Anyway, just wondered about when people said that.

Victoria_guy
I Plan to Stick Around

@monty
I'm a buisness customer. Currently it shows me at 339 out of 1035 for the 64 GB Black.

I've only gone down by 16 positions in the last 2 days. I suspect that some of these may have been canceling their reservations as they found ones locally. I'm begining to wonder how long the 64 GB models might take to ship. It may turn into a Christmas present to myself

TonyPaglia
I've Been Here Awhile

im number #10237... 😞

how long will it be til I get my iphone 5?

monty
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.  Just wanted to make sure i didn't forget to do something when I reserved my phone.  Not a business customer then everything is ok with my reservation. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@TonyPaglia

Most likely in a week or 2 weeks. That is a big number & i doubt Rogers will be able to get the phones out like that.

ardalan998
I Plan to Stick Around

It's been 3 hours since it was delivered, when do you think they'll call me?

Also if they dont call me and I go in, do you think they'll still give it to me?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ardalan998

You can call them & see what is going on. Ask them if they got it in & if they say NO, tell them you saw this name sign for it. See what happens.

TonyPaglia
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix

Ahh **bleep**. I really hope Rogers steps it up.

Its only been going down 100 each day 😞

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@TonyPaglia

Hopefully the do man. I really hope for all of you guys to get it:)

@ ardalan998

good luck with it, mine was deliver last friday morning and i still haven't recieved any call from them yet.  Call the retailer few times and every time they keep on telling me is located in the local warehouse.  I been waiting 4 days and counting ...

Revan462
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix and anyone else.

To be honest now seriously thinking of cancelling with Rogers (I'm sure this'll get their attention lol). I just called The Source and the associate offered me this:

$50 deposit

Trade in for Blackberry Torch: $175

iPhone 5 16GB with $175 from Torch leaving: $25.

No Activation fee

Same plan I have with Rogers except $65 instead of $63, except unlike Rogers which is charging me $12.79 for voicemail and call display, it's included in the $65 plan.

Oh and did I mention the associate guaranteed I come and place my pre-order today, I will have the iphone 5 in my hand between Friday October 5th and Wednesday October 10th.

Is there any reason why I should not go with this

Should've mentioned I'd be switching to Bell.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Mini_cooper79

Did you reserve it to go to a Rogers Plus? or a Rogers store? both are different. Rogers plus is owned by Rogers & Rogers store / Rogers authorized dealerships are owned by private companies. That is why its somewhere else.

mini_cooper79
I've Been Here Awhile
@ meowmix

the saddest new is i reserved to an "authorized dealerships" and i don't remember they have remarks about which store is a Rogers Plus and which are not on the reserve site.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Revan462

Hmm that sounds pretty good at the moment lol.

Well its up to you, do you want to leave Rogers or stay with them?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Mini_cooper79

Well Rogers Plus stores are owned & operated by Rogers & the Authorized dealerships are not. That is why they are called Rogers Plus & the others are not.

Its okay barely anybody knows this. That is why people get confused.

AJD23
I've Been Here Awhile

I URGE everyone to inspect your iPhone when you pick it up for scratches/dents out of the box. I was unfortunate enough to have a deep scratch under the top-left side antenna, and had to return mine to the store I got mine shipped too - I simply can't live with knowing that my brand new phone has a scratch on it. I spoke to Rogers, and so far it seems the best they can do for me is go through the WHOLE reservation process again which is apparently at a 6 week minimum wait, and on top of that...I'm sans phone.

I feel so bummed that I went through this whole process (was originally #350 for 64GB black when I reserved), to go through it again and wait even longer. I'm even having second thoughts of not even bothering because I even requested they open the phone and inspect it before shipping, but if luck of the draw has me get a scratched iPhone again, I'd have to do it all over.

Good luck to everyone.

Stabbotsford
I Plan to Stick Around

hey just wondering @meowmix on the edges where the lines on the side of yuor phone r the shiny black metal has been rubbed off somehow and is now a metal color will rogers do anything for me considering i didnt even do this to my phone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Stabbotsford

Well thankfully mine never came damaged or anything with issues like that. They are supposed to be around the band of the phone & on the back panel.

Stabbotsford
I Plan to Stick Around

ya mine came fine no problems but ive been leaveing it in the box until i get my case and screen protector and its liek rubbed off or something i have no idea how

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@stabbotsford

I am using a Otterbox Defender on mine. Best $45 spent. Protects the phone to the max