cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@acton21

Most likely sometime by the end of this week to the start of next week. Seeing as u have a big number, u will have to wait a week if Rogers can go threw all the reservation phones before urs.

sabrinaliorti
I Plan to Stick Around

@acton21

Most likely a week or more. I'm 1664 and I know i'll be waiting until next week for sure. I'm not hoping for mine anytime soon. Hopefully by the end of the week maybe but I HIGHLY doubt it. Apple has to make more phones. They ran out apparently.

Pinz
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered on Friday, September 14th and got spot #382... so far it has moved to spot #359.  Is it really that slow?  I ordered a black 64GB model and I'm a business customer. Smiley Sad

upthepunx
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone have a rough estimation on how long it takes for the reservation to go from 'open' to 'in progress'? I reserved mine on the 17th if that matters.

mini_cooper79
I've Been Here Awhile

I need some help here.  I was orginally #345 on the waiting list for an 64GB white iphone 5.  It has shipped out on Thursday the 20th in Ontario, it arrived in Vancouver and deliver on Friday 21th morning before 10am (Here is my UPS tracking detail http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_CA&Requester=NOT&tracknum=1Z03Y710D9748887...  

Here is my problem, it has been 4 days since it has been deliver I still haven't got any call from the Roger retailer (located in Richmond's Aberdeen Centre 2/F by the parking entrance).  And on Friday night I went there in person and try my luck and see if I have missed their call ealier that day.  After waiting in line for 20 mins, one of the sales rep went into their stock room and told me mine phone isn't there yet.  Because UPS deliver to their "local warehouse" located on Robson streets, and then it will deliver to the Richmond's retailer afterward.  I call them yesterday (Monday the 24th) once after lunch, and once around 6:30pm in the evening, and the girl sales rep told me they still haven't receive any iphone since last thursday the 20th.  But I just want to let everyone know the driving distances from Robson street to Aberdeen Centre is only 20km, which will take about 30 to 60 mins, and it shouldn't have taken 4 days for it.  I try posting my comments on Roger's facebook page, and they said they couldn't do anything to it.  

I would like to know have anyone who live in the Vancouver area, which package was recived on last friday the 21th have recieve any phone calls from the Aberdeen Centre's retailer telling them to pick up their phone or not?  Also anyone know if this "local warehouse" located in Robson even existed?  I really need the new phone, because my old phone is dead.  Can someone please help me!

Xeno
I Plan to Stick Around

@ pinns

I reserved on the 14th at 11AM EST -

I'm 75 on business - 16GB white

im still in prefulfillment.

I hope they ship it today.

it has been moving really slow today.. I think its only gone down like 15 spots in the past two days.. I used to be 85 on the 21st.

acton21
I've Been Here Awhile

@meowmix @sabrinalio

Thanks a bunch,

yea it's been going down by 20 a day, feels like it's going to be months.

I'm glad that won't be the case lol.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@acton21

You are welcome. Believe me its a long wait but its worth it.

benzdubz
I've Been Here Awhile

i preorderd 1st day of pre order on the business side.........started out at 293 im now 270.........iphone 5 64gb black.....**bleep** rogers is ridic bragging theyve shipped out 21000 iphones.........to who!!!?!!?!?! i say everyone without an iphone start a rally at head office flip a few cars perhaps make a statement

slambe
I Plan to Stick Around

Us business account holders are getting a shaft on this reservation.  Regular customers are given priority apparently due to demand. (Although I believe in a case like this, everyone should be just on one list considering we are ALL demanding it).  I just find it strange when I have had my account with rogers for the last 13 years and know that I spend more a month then alot of regular account holders.  I still don't understand why they would seperate the waiting lists...but thats why its taking so long.  I have moved up 4 spaces in 2 days...still have 1198 people ahead of me for mine.  Good luck!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@mini_cooper79

I know where it is BUT i can say it. It does exist tho. UPS does not pick up during the weekends. This is why it happened. Also it could be that the facility its in they are having issues / to many phones to aens out so they have to go bu what UPS tells them.

Do not worry tho. By the end of this week u should have it.:)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@slambe

You need to understand something here. There is MORE reservations for regular customers then business ones. They also need to send out phones for the stores. This is nothing new. Companies have issues like this all the time. Blame Apple for not sending the right amount of stock to Rogers if anything. Rogers needs to send out at least half of the regular reservations before business class can get theirs. Remember you guys are going to get it delivered to your house where we have to go to the store & wait for hours to get it activated & such. There is plenty more to do then you think. Believe me i know because my girlfriend's phone was shipped to the house this morning after a long wait.

benzdubz
I've Been Here Awhile

im not really worried clearly im as excited to get it as everyone else its just pure patheticness on rogers part in the whole scheme of things, they shouldnt have taken the amount of pre orders they did it only makes customers unhappy with the whole company and like otheres have said they def should have split up the phones accordingly to both business and residential........one would think someone in a business considering rogers is a business would need their phones before the common folk hence having a rogers business account

mini_cooper79
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix

thanks Meowmix, but is it normal for them to take so long to deliver? Can i just go over to their warehouse and pick it up myself? Since is only an 60 mins drive not 4 more days of waiting. Because I am leaving town this Friday morning for 4 days, which mean i wouldn't be able to pick it up until next monday afternoon. And the funniest part is, it only take UPS less then 17 hrs to ship 4000+ km, and it taking 4+ days to deliver 20 km locally.

acton21
I've Been Here Awhile

I think apple should of been more prepared. They should've known what was coming lol

ardalan998
I Plan to Stick Around

YEA!!!!!! Mine was delivered!! Now im just waiting for them to call Smiley Very Happy

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ benzdubz

Again like i said to the other poster. You guys need to understand that Rogers CAN ONLY ship out the amount of phones Apple sends them. IF Apple does not send them enough, they can not ship out the amount they need. Please understand that.

Head office will not do anything. If you read the FAQ on the reservation system it will say this.

"y reserving a device using the Rogers Reservation System, will I get my device before everyone else

We cannot guarantee you will receive your device on the day it launches. We will be dedicating inventory towards our Reservation System orders and our goal is to get your device to you as soon as possible. However, we will also be shipping devices to stores that are not participating in the Reservation System program. For information on shipment timelines, please refer to the confirmation email you received when you reserved your device. "

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_results&No=10&Ntt=Rogers%20Res...

This goes for Regular & business reservations.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Acton21

The thing is they have had issues in China with the companies that are building the iPhone 5 for them. Blame Apple & them, Not Rogers you know? Rogers is only getting whatever Apple is sending them. People seem not to understand that.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Ardalan998

That is good:) have fun when you get it:P

shawn_4444
I Plan to Stick Around

I reserved my phone on sept 16th and am currently around the 800 mark, anyone know when the next shipments are going out to Canada?

linds15
I Plan to Stick Around

@meowmix

My monthly bill is more than consumers yearly. There is no reason that business customers should get the shaft, regardless of that it's shipped to us. As of yesterday, Rogers claims in the consumer site that 8300 consumers have a phone. At #14 on the business list I'm stuck at pre fulfillment. Why take preorders?