cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@posmal Cause current LTE technology doesn't support voice+data BUT, it will in the future. The carrier's network itself must support it as well as the baseband chip(s).

psomal
I Plan to Stick Around
Okay thanks bud!!

lulwaffles
I Plan to Stick Around
So are you guys going to get a case or going to leave it naked?
If so which one? 🙂

PalomaCoelho
I Plan to Stick Around

Approximately how long does it take from being in progress till most of you actually got the phone?

GayOsiris
I Plan to Stick Around

@lulwaffles

I'm keeping mine naked. I started doing that with my iPhone 4 a few months ago and I love it.

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor
@lulwaffles Definitely in a case as with any phone but especially now with this scratch sensitive metal like material.. I got one of those in the Rogers Plus stores the $15 one.. cheap crap if you ask me it barely fits over the edges of the phone! I like those that fit at least a few milometers over it like a flap.. more secure, protective, & actually helps screen protectors STAY ON instead of peel off (if lifted above it upon installation). Got 2 more $6 cases from eBay on the way, after staring at images for hours they look like they extend over the front edges a little more and the camera/mic/flash slot is a little smaller as this current one still exposes just a tiny bit of metal, protect as much of that as possible.

Luc112
I Plan to Stick Around
I finy figured out how to set location based reminders. Siri works the way she's supposed to now.

Jen12327
I'm Here A Lot
Anyone else having issues with their SIM CARD - My iphone5 has only been connected to the Rogers Network for 3 hours total since I bought it on Friday morning - very frustrated right now... been without service since Sat at 3 at this point 😞

lannoc
I Plan to Stick Around
I usually would not use a case, but since this phone may be more prone to damage, I went out and bought a Griffin Protector. Very basic, but I wanted something soft rather than a hard shell.

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone in Toronto have more than 3 signal bars on their new iPhone 5?

I've had 3 bars all weekend, no more, no less. Kind of weird I thought?

zeissikon1
I Plan to Stick Around

I have anywhere from 2 to 4 bars LTE in the house and 5 bars most of the time outside

yfc
I've Been Here Awhile

I ordereiPad 16g black, it was shipped on last Friday. Had the tracking #.  I am in Winnipeg, the package shows delivered to SASKATOON, CA. Anyone else have the same problem?

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, thanks.

I just hit 4 bars (for a brief second) for the first time in my condo (high rise).

I'll check again when I'm outside. 

yfc
I've Been Here Awhile

I mean iPhone 

matfigs
I Plan to Stick Around

My LTE works great, but reception wise...I only get 1-2 bars max...with my 4S Id have 4-5 in my house...

Wonder if its a software issue..

abby
I Plan to Stick Around

@yfc wrote:

I ordereiPad 16g black, it was shipped on last Friday. Had the tracking #.  I am in Winnipeg, the package shows delivered to SASKATOON, CA. Anyone else have the same problem?

Chances are your not getting from a ROGERS store, but a 3rd party store that carries ROGERS. So phone is/was sent to 3rd party stores warehouse/distribution center.

I have one phone in same boat, stuck at distribution center for 3 days and not moved as my 3rd party store ( beyond wireless ) got 3 days shipments from distribution center,

abby
I Plan to Stick Around

@matfigs wrote:

My LTE works great, but reception wise...I only get 1-2 bars max...with my 4S Id have 4-5 in my house...

Wonder if its a software issue..

LTE is different frequncy so if connected via LTE towers will be different from 3g/4g/etc...

Make a call and you will see it bounce from LTE to 3 g and see your 3g strength.

tomzerr
I Plan to Stick Around

hello 🙂

Does anyone know where in rogers website will i find the form for $50 upgrade credit???

Grggftthhu
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I checkthe number of the reservation, I'm noticing a lot of people are watching the status of the phones. My number was 2500 but I haven't idea what number they are at and my status is still inprogress

Revan462
I Plan to Stick Around

You should be able to check by clicking on your My Rogers account. When the main Overview screen loads, below an image of the phone you're currently using there should be a red button that says Device Reservation. You then just click that and wait for it to load. If you only have the reservation under one number or have only one phone number on your account, it will automatically choose that one and will say in red "Processing" above the number. Just wait and eventually it will tell you where you're at. 

Again WAIT once you've clicked Device Reservation because there are times it can take a while. And if a message shows up like "You are not eligible for reservation" do not worry. We've often been having difficulties with the My Rogers system. Sometimes that message shows up, other times when you click My Rogers it will say you don't have an account registered. They're both glitches that have been happening to many people so if you get either one DON'T WORRY, and just check back a bit later.

Revan462
I Plan to Stick Around

@Grggftthhu

Sorry, last post was directed at you. Not sure if @ at the start of a message allows people to know that their message was responded to, but yeah I'm just making this message so you can be sure to look at the previous one 😛