cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

wpd
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix, good to hear your phone's ok. Apple is very aware of the issue and prepared to replace for any with the same issue.

tristanbobbily
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks once again Meow, so **bleep** helpful. lol.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@wpd

That is good to hear. At least this time they will replace the phones.

@tristanbobbily

You are welcome :). I do my best to help others lol 🙂

wpd
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix, been away most of the day and just checked MyRogers. Still not working for me. Is it still not working for most ?

Revan462
I Plan to Stick Around

Well down to 3206 now. Not horrible, I think I was at 3260 this morning? So it may not be by a hundred, and I'm REALLY hoping that like Monday or something I'll get another drop of 3000 or something 😛

tristanbobbily
I Plan to Stick Around

MyRogers seems to be working fine for me right now.

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor
MyRogers works fine here, I did find out that sometimes when you are logged into the forum but NOT MyRogers & then try to do so, the active sign in on the forum will clash with that of MyRogers & result in "no account associated etc" problem. Sign out of forum & MyRogers, then MyRogers again (& forum if you want).

Shujaz
I Plan to Stick Around
@inferno129 Ahh ok same goes for me, on average I'm getting about 3.6 down 0.9 up with 2-4 bars around my area. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue on my end, not that it's a big deal.

Vaal
I've Been Around

My first post here, though through the week I'd monitored this entire thread!

Here's my lovely experience with Rogers.

I'm on a corporate plan with my wife (she's in the medical field, and is the main account holder for our wireless).

Each year I've upgraded iphones as soon as the new model came out.  Navigating the thornbush of Roger's "customer care"

has always been trying, but each year it's worked out in the end.

Both my wife and I wanted to upgrade to the iPhone 5 this year.  Before reserving online I knew I wanted to get straight on every possible detail.  So at the beggining of this last week I phoned the Rogers Business Account line to ask:  What is our eligiability for hardware upgrade?  My wife's line was eligeable for upgrade with no EUF.  Mine was just coming up to a year on my 4S so I was told there would be an upgrade fee for me:  $10.  I asked "Are you absolutely sure it will be only $10, because I will be ordering these phones." I was assured that was correct.  I was also told the price for both me and wife on the $389.99 for the 64GB!   I asked if I could reserve on line, as it said on line the phone would be sent to a store, and previously on our business account the phones had been shipped directly to us.  I was assured I could reserve on line, phones would be shipped to the store.  I asked if, my name being on the account too, could I pick them up instead of my wife?  Answer: Yes.

Knowing how difficult it is to get consistancy from Rogers, I phoned again the next day and went through every single question again with a different rep.  All the same answers.  Reading this thread made me wary again.  So I phoned again the following day and went through it all again: same answers, yes, yes, yes...and $10 early upgrade fee for me for ordering it for the launch day.

Each time I asked is there ANYTHING you aren't telling me that could impede my getting these phones?  Each time: no.

ETA:  I had them put notes on my account detailing what they told me, and was given a reference number.

So I reserved the phones. 

On Thursday, I even went to the Rogers Plus store to which I'd sent them, to say "Look, I'm coming to pick up two iPhones on my wife's corporate account here tomorrow on launch day.  Can you look me up on your system and assure me you will hand them to me tomorrow?  They looked me up:  "Yes, we see the phones for you, you are eligeable to pick them up tomorrow."

Launch day, like most others, there were people on lists ahead of me.  After about 4 hours I finally had my wife's iPhone 5 in hand.  But...they WOULDN'T RELEASE MINE!

Why?  Because now "the system" said I was not eligeable for the phone.  I mean, not just "eligeable with an early upgrade fee."
I mean:  I was refused eligeability at all, until late October!  If I wanted the 64G iPhone 5 (the one I researved) I was asked to pay full fee (something around $1,000).

They phoned, with me explaining all the way, the Rogers store guy explaining to them that I'd been assured about the phone and waited for over 7 hours at the store for it.  But it was "no, no, no."  I could call them back in late October, and then MAYBE I'd be eligeable (they couldn't say for sure yet) and THEN we'd see how big my early upgrade fee would be.

Oh, by then of course they will have sold my iPhone 5 I reserved.

This was repeated when I tried again to talk to Rogers about it when I got home.  Again: "Sorry sir, out of our hands."

Need I say to anyone here how I felt.  No accountability.  I was offered a $50 off in late October if I buy the phone.  Yeah.  Great.  An entire week of being told the wrong information, a long day of aggravation, and a "sorry, them's the breaks that someone else told you different here" as a parting gift.

That said: here's what I did so far.  We have my wife's iPhone 5.  With her blessings (she doesn't care much about this stuff) I had my sim put in it so I'm using it until I decide what to do about the other iPhone.

BTW: first impressions of the iPhone yesterday: My first try with Apple Maps left me really bummed.  The labelling of the roads at different levels of zoom were so disorganized and seemingly arbitrary.  I live near a big intersection of two main roads.  But on almost every zoom level I could not see the labels for those main roads.  They'd be somewhere way off the page.  At one "magic" zoom level both road labels appeared, but it was practially sheer luck to get it.

Whereas, my googlemaps app on my 4S knows the info you need to see.  It sees where you are located and realises you are going to want to see the main road labels around you, so at every zoom level the main road labels are re-set to be within view.

That said, I do truly love being able to speak "Take me to..." and have the location found and GPS guiding begin.  When it worked (Toronto) today it was really cool, though I was totally mislead at one point into nowheresville.  Just enough to take away confidence in the guidance system.  But I'm loving Siri on the 5.  I was one who actually used Siri a lot on my 4S.  Once you get used to just telling your phone what to do, having to type in everything seems more tedious.

Vaal.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@wpd

I spoke to a high end level Manager at the Rogers head office not to long ago. He said that accounts on the My Rogers will not show they have been upgrade to the new phone for another 24-48 hours. They said the back end team is doing all the processes & adding it to the My Rogers account as well.

It happened because of the site going down a week ago & the crash that happened yesterday.
All the reps at the store has to call Rogers over the call center & do the upgrades manually. That means that the back end team has to finish them off.

Boxster
I Plan to Stick Around

I got the LTE nano sim for free by purchasing the phone from Roger's store directly.  You should not have to pay extra.

Lounhbhbhbhbhnu
I Plan to Stick Around

Battery Life...

2 cycles in I am definitive noticing a problem with battery life. Not as good as my iPhone 4. 

Coukd this be improved with an update? Is it LTE?

Are we screwed?

Thoughts?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Boxster

You only have to pay extra when you just go get the sim card & not upgrade or activate with them. It works like that

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Lounhbhbhbhbhnu

This is because of LTE. LTE uses more power to work. This may be improved via a software update but we will never know.

No we are not screwed. Apple said around 8 hours with LTE & i just finished my test & got around 8.5 / 9 hours on LTE. Look at all the other LTE devices. They die pretty fast because of LTE.

willywonka
I'm Here A Lot
I added AppleCare+ from Rogers. Do I need to activate it or anything?

psomal
I Plan to Stick Around
Did a speed test in Vancouver,BC

34 MB download speed
4.85 MB upload speed on LTE

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@willywonka

I did the same thing as well. They told me that its been already activated on my Apple account. ( Once you add the S/N of the phone it will show it)

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor
LTE should change battery life according to Apple. Same duration on LTE as 3G.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I used Speed test here in Toronto, On & here are my results.

46.12Mbps Download speeds
23.84Mbps Upload speeds.
Ping 61ms

Using LTE of course.

mikedit
I Plan to Stick Around

I was at the mall today and the best buy mobile store had a large sign out front stating that they still had iPhone 5s for sale.  Didn't bother asking what they had.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Mikedit

Most likely they had more stock. Also people could have cancelled their orders with them & those orders are going to be sold to someone else.