cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Joe501
I Plan to Stick Around
^as an aside: I wouldn't put a case on my iPhone 5. It's by far the best looking phone on the market. Why cover up an exceptionally well designed and engineered product with a cheap piece of plastic?

Invisible screen protector only for this guy.

Joe501
I Plan to Stick Around
Oh... another aside lol....

If you got a black iPhone 5, you can't tell which apps are letterboxed unless you pay close attention. That's a huge plus. No black bars around un-updated apps.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@joe501

Agreed! I am loving this phone. I got the black one and barely notice the black bars on the apps

ryanbast
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

Does your phone disappear from the res system when you pick it up? Just wondering cause thats how i know when they are activating mine.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ryanbast

Well on my account its showing $325 still as my upgrade fee and I do not see the flex tab anywhere. I spoke to Rogers last night and they told me the computer and websites are having issues since the release. She told me that the phone was upgraded and activated tho. If it was not activated, I would not be able to use it.

ryanbast
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

But when you go into device reservation is the iphone still showing?

milesfinlay
I Plan to Stick Around

@Joe501

I do not have iOS 6 yet, but I am curious as to why the phone shell colour makes a difference to how the app icons are displayed? Wouldn't the screen show the same on a white iPhone and a black iPhone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ryanbast

Yup it's still showing SHIPPED.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@milesfinlay

The thing is the black version of the phone won't show the black color on the screen where If you have the white one, u can see the black on the side of the screen.

ryanbast
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

Okay thanks

Joe501
I Plan to Stick Around
@milesfinlay

On an iPhone 5, apps that aren't yet updated to widescreen are centered on the phone with a black bar on the top and bottom. On a black iPhone you cannot see the black bars, the app is just centered. On a white iPhone, the bars are visible.

milesfinlay
I Plan to Stick Around

@Joe501 - Ah! That makes sense!

dre_123
I've Been Around

Hey guys, im like 7000th on the waitlist for rogers! i started out at 11000th and dropped quite a bit since yesterday! does anyone have a clue as to how long this wait will be?

milesfinlay
I Plan to Stick Around

@dre_123

That doesn;t make sense! I dropped from 2300+ to 2200+ in 24 hours, but you dropped thousands? Are these numbers region-specific? I am in Calgary, AB

Luc112
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm in Calgary too. It's depends on what model you ordered. I'm at the Rogers wireless dealer now, their system is still really slow.

gunyi
I've Been Here Awhile

hi guys. ive been coming on the rogers site for days trying to reserve me an iphone and everytime i complete all the information for step 1-3 the final button after accepting terms is reserve. i click it once or a thousand times and nothing happens! why?!! ive tried coming back to it a few hours later and still nothing. does anyone know how i am supposed to reserve me a i5

milesfinlay
I Plan to Stick Around

@
Luc

I ordered black 32gb

sam2012
I Plan to Stick Around
@ gunyi

Try using Google Chrome. IE9 doesn't work well

Revan462
I Plan to Stick Around

Lol it's Internet Explorer, is anyone else surprised :P. 

Also I almost wish I hadn't gone with a 16GB, since obviously many go with that one. But given I've gone from being 7941 to 3218 in only about seven days, I'd say that's pretty good. I just hope the other 3218 will be gone within the next 7 days. I guess I'll wait and see though.

monty
I Plan to Stick Around

I went from 3250 to 1250 in a week (64gb) but has slowed down a lot past day or so (course it might have something to do with it being my first iphone and im getting excited lol.  I went from going down several hundred places a day, to less than 10 in past 2 days.  Oh well, its building excitement for me anyway.

psomal
I Plan to Stick Around

GOT IT 😄 everything works including LTE