cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@harjeet

You need to sign into My Rogers - Overview - Products and Services. It will be on the left hand side. It may take a while to show up because of the systems problems. If anything I would send the mail on at the time and if u see it come online, I would do it as we'll. if they see u did it online and sent the paper one, they will just throw the paper one out.

Revan462
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix or someone who can answer.

I too am getting a slower rate, and am thinking of doing Best Buy or Future Shop but my concern is this. I went to one of those Best Buy Mobile places in the mall and they said they're all sold out of all iphone 5s for both Fido and Rogers. Do you think this would be the case for a main Best Buy store or will it likely be the same? And would I have to go to the mobile part and say I'm with Rogers just to make sure I don't pay too much? I just changed my plan for example and was told no Rogers early upgrade. But I am curious.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ryanbast

That does suck. They should at Least give you a discount on it. Hmm we'll soon enough everything will be okay

jchionidis
I Plan to Stick Around

They shipped my 16GB Black iPhone last night with Express, which is weird because I live in Montreal. Oh well, Im not complaining!

ryanbast
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

Yeah hopefully the guy was right when he said they would get through them all today. He wasnt able to tell me how fast the system was working but do you have a good guess as to how long each phone would take at this point?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@revan462

Most likely most stores will be sold out. I would suggest calling a few stores to find out which one has them in stock.

Once you go to them, they will ask for your info and ask you what u want to do. Upgrade or new activation or buy outright. Tell them upgrade and they will check your account. If its all good then they will do it for you.

The store will see upgrade few and charge you it. Once the bill comes out with the charge, call back and have it credit: this is what we all have to do.

milesfinlay
I Plan to Stick Around

Is it just me unable to check my reservation status online today? It worked finwe yesterday afternoon/evening and this morning after the reset their servers yesterday, but now I get an error message saying I am not eligible

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ryanbast

Well it could take an hour or so because they want to make everything perfect. It all depends on how fast they can do it.

ryanbast
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

Yes true. Anyways Thanks for the replies, always so helpful! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ryanbast

You are welcome:). Always here to help 🙂

Revan462
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meomix

Thanks again 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@revan462

You are welcome!:)

Ok so I had reserved my phone on the 14th so I walked in to my pick-up store this morning and picked it up and it was really painless and quick. There were no system/server issues and the upgrade process took maybe 10 minutes.

The question I have is that I am currently on a 1GB shared data plan and once I booted my phone up, I was getting LTE. As far as I know, you have to be on a 6GB data plan to get LTE right now? I know that they'll be upgrading all data plans to LTE at the end of September but is it normal that I am getting LTE as of now on my shared 1GB plan?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@kjung416

Nope. All data plans should get LTE 🙂

SportsGeek
I Plan to Stick Around

@kjung416 wrote:

Ok so I had reserved my phone on the 14th so I walked in to my pick-up store this morning and picked it up and it was really painless and quick. There were no system/server issues and the upgrade process took maybe 10 minutes.

Thank you thats what I was waiting to hear.

djsamphard
I've Been Around

hey  whats up guys? I preordered an iphone 5 16gb black. I was number 40xx. I have been in progress for the past 3 days but nothing has happend since then? Any idea how long it will take?

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

@rkoshack

I just called Fairview Mall kiosk

They have Ghost Armour full body for iPhone 5 in clear, but no carbon fiber yet.

I've never used a case or screen protector on my phone, and as sexy as the new 5 is, I'm thinking about protecting it from scratches (mostly concerned about the back and sides).

I thought about buying Zagg HD front and back, but they're not anywhere in Toronto yet (just the front is available) but after hearing your thoughts, I'm having doubts.

Not really sure what to do. I hate cases, but Ghost Armour looks decent. 

$37 installed at Fairview mall for full body. 7 day warranty. $5 to replace anything after that. 

ryanbast
I Plan to Stick Around

@SportsGeek wrote:

@kjung416 wrote:

Thank you thats what I was waiting to hear.

Yes, me too even though its been almost 24 hours Smiley Indifferent

AccordTR
I Plan to Stick Around
Def seems to be a battery issue with either the 5 or ios6. Everyone I knows battery is draining extremely fast. Even in standby we are talking percents in very short time. I see mine is dropping way faster than my 4s and even my old 4.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@accordTR

Well my battery lasted 9hours on 3G. I used the Internet like crazy last night and text messages and used the phone. So batter for me seems alright but on 3G. I have not tested it on LTE yet. I will do that tonight.

Joe501
I Plan to Stick Around
@Dimundz

If you're going with a screen protector, get one that is "hard" as opposed to "soft". I had bodyguardz on my iphone 4, and it was soft and bubbled up. I didn't like it at all. On my iPhone 5 I've installed Spigen SGP Ultra Crystal ( http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-screen-protector-steinheil-series.ht... ) and it's PHENOMENAL in comparison. They ship everything required in the pack, and they actually include 2 screen protectors, I suppose in case you screw one up. It's also super cheap at under $15 bucks. I took my time installing mine, and you can't even tell it's there. ZERO bubbles.

@AccordTR

I haven't noticed my battery dropping on my iPhone 5 yet during standby. It dropped quite a bit while I was playing Infinity Blade 2 for demonstration purposes.

Very happy with this phone overall. Huge upgrade from the iPhone 4. The headphones are also fantastic.