cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

canamera
I'm a Reliable Contributor

thanks...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Your welcome.

punchbuggy
I Plan to Stick Around

If anyone is in Vancouver, the roger store where I pre-ordered, at least for yestrerday ~ 2pm, had 64 Gbs left over. go get em'! The one on 1295 Davie Street.

cjgrrl
I Plan to Stick Around

So just to clarify - If my status is "In Progress", does that mean they physically "have" my phone and are waiting to ship it? Or does it mean that they've simply processed my order and I have to wait for them to get more going? 

rkoshack
I Plan to Stick Around
Are people finding the black version easy to scratch? I've read lots of posts of people's phones that are coming scuffed/scratched dented right out of the box. Mine seems to be flawless as far as I can tell, just wondering how easy it is to scratch or scuff. Like will the coating wear off eventually just from holding it in my hand over time? Will it get scuffs just from being rubbed in a case?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@cjrrl

It could mean both ways but most likely they have the device and waiting for UPS to pick it up. UPS does not pick up on weekends so Starting Monday they will.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@rkoshack

I would not know because I am using the Otterbox defender one the iPhone 5. I heard tho that its easy to scratch it.

Luc112
I Plan to Stick Around
I caved and called my Rogers store, my phone is ready for pickup, yay!!

cjgrrl
I Plan to Stick Around
Ok great, hopefully it comes this week!

Thanks again.

ryanbast
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry for posting several times, but does anyone know if the system is faster today? Still waiting on my rogers store to activate my phone after they told me to come get it yesterday at 5. Pissed.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@luc112

That is good :):)
Go get it hehe

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@cjgrrl

You are welcome!:). Hopefully u get it and play with it none stop with it hehe.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ryanbast

4 of my cow workers had their SIM card activated today since they has the phone last night. I think the system is most likely a bit faster today. If you want, call Rogers and see If they can re-activate the sim for you 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

To those still waiting for reserved phones I was also one of you till about 13:00.  I just left the Apple store at Fairview Mall and while it took an hour to get into the store everything else was quick and painless.  All told it was less than 1hr 30 min to do the whole thing.  No activation problems as I already owned an iphone.  Stop waiting for this reserved to come in.

WetPantsClub
I've Been Around

My experience so far (those still waiting can use it as a yardstick). 

A bit late but my order went from In Progress to the phone being shipped.  I got an email from Rogers about 5:00pm PST last night to say it's been shipped (a text followed soon after).  I ordered a 32 white around 10AM on the 14th.  I was number 1300 (approx).  It shipped quite quickly it went from Ont to BC overnight and is scheduled to be deilvered at the store by 1:30.  Interestingly enough, it went from Concorder, Ont to Winnipeg to Calgary to Richmond, bc in a matter of about 12 hours.  

rkoshack
I Plan to Stick Around
I don't really care for cases and I the iPhone 5 makes me want one even less because of how beautiful it is. But these stories of how easy it is to scuff has me concerned. Perhaps I'll go with a clear case or a full body screen protector. Any reccomendations? I've heard negative things about the feel of zagg and good reviews of sgp, ghost armor and power support ones

ryanbast
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

haha no, I haven't even received the device yet. My store made a list and I was 25 on it. Just called to see and they have got through 17 of them now, after being through 15 when the store opened. Im very frustrated at this point.

Harjeet
I Plan to Stick Around
Can someone help me get the 50$ credit online?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rkoshack

I would go for the Ghost Armor if anything. I love their products. They work well a well:)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ryanbast

Oh my! That is a long wait :(. That sucks. Well you will In fact get it today but the time is not known until they call you I am guessing. I would be upset as well

ryanbast
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

I would have gone first thing in the morning but they told me to come at 5. The fact that they have only got two phones done today after the store being open since 9:30 doesn't leave me hopeful. And im assuming they won't want to compensate me for my wait either, I haven't been able to do anything really because i could get the call anytime..