cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

AccordTR
I Plan to Stick Around
Apparently I'm blind this morning, where under my Rogers does the rebate link show?

eurolized
I Plan to Stick Around

in my rogers, plan, then should show rebate on the next page on left hand side

Wing-Kwai
I Plan to Stick Around

No LTE showing for my iPhone 5. Anyone else? 

Jimmy2x2x
I Plan to Stick Around

For all those waiting for phones. Give your local Future Shop or Best Buy a call. They had plenty of stock left.

rkoshack
I Plan to Stick Around
When I go to claim my rebate in my Rogers it still says "your 64gb iPhone 4S GSM is eligible for a $50 rebate". When is it supposed to change to iPhone 5?

milesfinlay
I Plan to Stick Around

getting this when I try to see what my waitlist number is:  

"Sorry, but we cannot process your request at this time. It could be due to one of the following reasons: • You are not eligible to use the reservation system; you must have an existing wireless device and receive a monthly bill from Rogers. • You are eligible, but we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. Thank you."

Can anyone cofirm that rogers activation servers are work...

SportsGeek
I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone cofirm that rogers activation servers are working properly today? Any problems activating your phone this morning?

I felt left out

Boxster
I Plan to Stick Around

Why would rogers ship UPS standard?  The package was ready last night and if they have ship UPS Express Saver, it would have deliver this morning.  Now I have to wait till Monday.

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

@

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around
@Jimmy2x2x

Couldn't agree more with you. I was at Future Show Dundas Square and they had plenty of 64gb's.

Same with Best buy at Bay & Dundas

I walked by the Eaton Center apple store and there was a HUGE line up at 5pm yesterday. Not sure why these people waited all day when they could have gone to Future Shop or Best Buy.

Re: iPhone5 No Service

RangerOne
I Plan to Stick Around

Well after waiting for 18 hours and not getting any service, I decided to call the Rogers Store where I bought it and ask what was up. Guess what? All I needed to do was turn the phone off then on again and it connected right away. They could have told me that when I bought it, don't you think? I hope this helps some else out there.

cjgrrl
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey,

I have a 6gb/mo plan that was a promo a couple of years ago when I got my 3G. Will this carry over to LTE? Will there be any extra fees or anything or it will just transfer over without a hassle? 

ardalan998
I Plan to Stick Around

@cjgrrl

If its "In Progress" doesnt it mean they have our phone and are just waiting to ship it?

So why would we need to wait until Apple sends the next batch?

Luc112
I Plan to Stick Around
@rangerone that was mentioned here a few times, you also could have switched the airplane mode on and off for the same result

monty
I Plan to Stick Around

Can I expect my reservation number to drop over the weekend?  As of Friday it ground to almost a standstill dropping by only acouple numbers or so since yesterday (Friday)  Or will some be shipped and my number drop even over the weekend?

Thanks.

cjgrrl
I Plan to Stick Around
@ardalan998

good question. my assumption wasn't an educated guess. I thought it could mean that we're out of the 'queue' and will be the next to get phones when they arrive.

I'm probably wrong though, and if so, then that's awesome.

Hasanzu
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd suggest what was previously mentioned, contact your local BestBuy or FutureShope, I will be hopefully getting mine from there today, they have several available.

eurolized
I Plan to Stick Around

i saw a line up at downtown apple store i walked to rogers plus a couple of streets over walked in took 5 minutes walked out with a 64g 🙂

upthepunx
I Plan to Stick Around

if I went to BestBuy to get the phone, could I still get it cheaper with my rogers 3-yr plan, or would I have to pay full price?

ryanbast
I Plan to Stick Around
@eurolized

Was that today? If so does that mean rogers activations are taking less time?

Hasanzu
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe BestBuy does upgrades so you can upgrade instead of paying full price if you choose to go there.