cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

rkoshack
I Plan to Stick Around
Holy crap LTE is fast...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rkoshack

Yea it is. I love LTE

heyyoudvd
I Plan to Stick Around

Aww, no comments on my super long post on page 469. 😞

And yeah, LTE is ridiculous. On my 4S's HSPA, I was usually getting 3-7 megabits down and 1-2 megabits up, which are pretty good 3G speeds.

On LTE, I've gone as high as 33 megabits down and 30 megabits up. That's crazy! Not only does my cellphone achieve download speeds that are as fast as my home internet (Extreme Plus, which is the second highest residential package available), but my upload speeds are literally 30x faster! Wow.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Believe me I love LTE and the speeds on it. Even tho it eats a lot of data, it's pretty fast and good. Now if only it did not drain the battery a lot lol

RangerOne
I Plan to Stick Around

I just picked up my new iPhone 5 yesterday at 6pm. Had it set up for a new phone number, and it said "No Service" when it was handed to me. I was told it would be several hours before I had service. It is now 12 hours later and still no service. I checked on My Rogers, and my account shows the new phone, new plan, and new phone number. Everything seems to be correct, but still no service. Is there something I have to do to "activate" my new phone?

willywonka
I'm Here A Lot
I'm activated but it still shows me as 3G. I'm in Edmonton and my htc one x has 4g. Any idea why this would be?

milesfinlay
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks revan462! That gives me more hope!

This morning after another 12 hours have elapsed, I am at 2172... So only advanced 30 places overnight (as anticiapted as I doubt they issue many phones after 9:00pm...) Sigh!

milesfinlay
I Plan to Stick Around
Oh God! That is not good!

Badabing
I Plan to Stick Around

Another thank to @Meowmix

Reserved 32Gb Black on launch day, had Rogers to waive the EUF and got my phone yesterday.

Pretty smooth process overall.

Can't wait for Oct 1st to get LTE in Quebec city.

Jimmy2x2x
I Plan to Stick Around

So 13 hours later and still no service. I talked with technical support and all they said was to wait.

For others waiting to get their reserved phones, do yourselves a favour and head down to the nearest Future Shop and Best Buy and get it there. The Future Shop i was at had like 20 phones available and they said their lineup in the AM was of 7 PEOPLE. They said they got their first shipment Thursday afternoon and their second shipment yesterday afternoon. I still dont understand why people camp out in the Apple Store line with 400 others. 

eurolized
I Plan to Stick Around

im in the same boat as you been since 2 pm yesterday

mikgaboury
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Guys,

Same problem with me but I'm on the Bell Network and I'm well within the LTE cloud.

I've reset my network setting, restored the whole phone, removed sim card, insured LTE is enabled, upgraded my Bell service plan to an LTE plan, spoke with Bell on the phone for 3 HOURS and was on the phone with with Apple for 45 min late yesterday evening.

I went to sleep last night hoping to wake up to an LTE signal but to no evail. 

Apple will be calling me around 9am EST, I will update if there is any improvements.

Lastly, I'm going on the road this afternoon to Montreal, I will see if I pick up an LTE singal on my travels.

Cheers,

M

mikedit
I Plan to Stick Around

when connected to Rogers LTE, does it actually display the letters LTE on the phone??

cynikalmindset
I Plan to Stick Around

So I pick up my 64GB black iP5 yesterday evening from a Rogers Plus store and a Speck Candyshell from Futureshop next door and I get home to unbox this lovely new device and wait for it to activate (6hrs) and when putting it in the case I notice damage to the chamfered bezel area.

Do I return this to Rogers and have to wait weeks likely for a replacement or do I bring it to an Apple store and have the replacement done there?

I basically have no phone to use now since I don't want to go past my "30 minutes of use" window and then they wont let me return it if need be.

Any help appreciated and if anybody else has experienced this they should speak up

willywonka
I'm Here A Lot
It does display LTE on the phone yes.

monty
I Plan to Stick Around

My reservation number has been moving down quickly all week, by at least several hundred a day, but as of yesterday it has ground to a halt and is only moving at a few per day.   Can I expect it to pick up again, or now that its been released it will take longer? 

Also, Im only just figuring out what LTE is so not sure about this, but  I live about half an hour to 45 minutes north of Toronto, will I have access to it where I live.

Thanks.

lannoc
I Plan to Stick Around
Lots of chatter on MacForums about black phones that are damaged out of the box. Also, the anodizing is wearing prematurely.

Anyone have an issue with their black phone?

Sounds like the sim may not have been activated properly.

You can call in and they can look into this over the phone.

moman
I Plan to Stick Around
Can anyone tell me why Rogers has to activate the phone in store?? Shouldn't they give you the nano sim and plug it into iTunes at home? I did with i4.

eurolized
I Plan to Stick Around
I found this bit of news on a german Apple fan page. I don't know how reliable that website is and cannot confirm if this news tidbit is actually true, nor can I confirm its validity, but I thought I'd share it here nonetheless - this is a rough translation from german into english:

"When calling the Apple hotline I was told that the iPhone 5 devices with scuffs and scratches come from one specific batch and will be replaced by Apple. The problem is known to the company and apparently stems from a defective production machine. The affected devices can be identified based on their serial numbers, and only these faulty devices are eligible for return and exchange. As an alternative, a discount from the Apple hotline is offered. If you can live with the scratch or damage, this is a great way to save some money.

found on a mac forums

cynikalmindset
I Plan to Stick Around
@lannoc

yes, my black iphone shows "damage" fresh out of the box...pretty upset about it considering it was $891...now I'm unsure if I have to take it back to Rogers or let Apple deal with it