cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Ok so I called and they have my phone but no nano sim cards yet. Says they are expecting some today but you never know. Always something to hold back an anticipated release ugh!!!

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor

All done now, just working on selling the 4S.. everything went very well besides camping for 10 hours in 2c air but Markiskander helped kept us warm in his vehicle. In store my EUF appeared as the $130 instead of $325, I called Rogers just now after getting home with my interaction number & it was waived to $65 as they promised all in 5 minutes. Rogers honered what they said.

Now waiting for Winnipeg to get LTE.

TranceAddict
I Plan to Stick Around
**REPOST, SORRY**

hey guys,

quick question.

If my brother has reserved a 16 GB Black and has already arrived in the store and if he goes to another store which has 32 GB Black available, Can he pick it up? If so, Would he be charged a $40 fee? Please lemme know ASAP, Thanks.

@TheDestroyer69 wrote:

Ok so I called and they have my phone but no nano sim cards yet. Says they are expecting some today but you never know. Always something to hold back an anticipated release ugh!!!

This would be likely why, many places are NOT selling the nano sims, to people who bought the phone from apple direct, etc.  As there may be issues where extras are needed, etc.  Would have thought that the store would have had them before today, or at least WITH the phones.

internetcomic
I've Been Around

Same thing about the nano-sim here as well. I'm in Vancouver and the store has my reserved device, but no nano sims. He said most of the Vancouver stores do not have sufficient nano sims, if any at all.  Anyone else experiencing this? Poor job on Rogers part.

Also, they said to come back later as the system kept timining out while trying to do the hardware upgrade. 

@TranceAddict wrote:
**REPOST, SORRY**

hey guys,

quick question.

If my brother has reserved a 16 GB Black and has already arrived in the store and if he goes to another store which has 32 GB Black available, Can he pick it up? If so, Would he be charged a $40 fee? Please lemme know ASAP, Thanks.

Not postitive.. but i would say NO.

The reservation, is for that store, for that model, etc..

If he went to the other store, and they had a walk in one left of that model, he could get it from the other place.. but not a reservation one.

That is my understanting.

RedChuuu
I Plan to Stick Around
Trance, yes he can pick up the 32gb and I'm pretty sure he won't be charged $40 as it will be a walk-in purchase.

wpd
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't believe what's going on. I went to the store that has reserved phones. Security guard at the door and not a customer to be found. They have 6 people behind the counter doing nothing. They will not give me my phones. Rep said they must first sell the remaining 12 phones they have for new activations before they can issue reserved phones ! What the heck!!!

**edited for content**

zittlechick
I've Been Here Awhile

@inferno129

That's awesome you got your phone! I'm waiting (anxiously) until after work to go grab my reserved phone.

Which store were you waiting outside?

Went to my Rogers Plus @ 8am, knowing my 2 reserved phones were physically there.  They some system issues because of the overwhelming volume, but a few of us just waited, and by 10:10 am I was out with both phones up and running.  Good job Rogers!

colin88
I'm Here A Lot

My order changed to "In Progress" yesterday afternoon (Was number 3500ish). How long did it take for you guys to go from In Progress to Shipped? And how long did it take to actually get there? I'm guessing it'll be Monday or Tuesday before I get the notification.

FR
I Plan to Stick Around

Is it better (where will it come faster) to pick up from an authorized dealer location, or a Rogers Plus store? Since my status is still open, I can change the location.

RedChuuu
I Plan to Stick Around
FR,

Rogers Plus!!!

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

@FR

Couldn't agree more, ROGERS PLUS! 

On a side note check this out for all you people waiting for your phones to be shipped:

UPS Chaos

abekolay
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys, I've been following this thread since the beginning.  🙂 
So, I preo-ordered a 16GB black iphone 5 and was around #450.  Got a tracking # and my phone was delivered and signed for on Sept. 19.  I have not received a phone call to pick it up yet, so I called them and apparently they don't have the phones yet?  And they also could not tell me when they would get them and if they would have any iphone 5's today...
Has this happened to anyone else?

RedChuuu
I Plan to Stick Around
Abekolay,

Yes. This is most likely because the shipment was sent to a Eogers distribution center and not directly to your store.

abekolay
I Plan to Stick Around

RedChuu - Thanks for the reply!  Do you think there is any chance of me still being able to get my phone today?  I was planning on picking it up after work.

j12345
I've Been Around
Rogers is such a rip off. Reserved a phone on first day of pre-order... didn't ship for today. Went to a store that had stock... Rogers activations were a 3 hour wait. Telus and bell customers had their phone in minutes with NO LINE UPS at their stores. Thinking of canceling contract and going with another dealer... Yeeeesh.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@abekolay

It could be but most likely it will be at the store on Monday.

RedChuuu
I Plan to Stick Around
Only time will tell. Better yet, try calling your store to see if they received it.

Hey there! I pre ordered soon after the pre orders opened, but my status has been "in progress (pre fulfillment)" for past week. I have a business account, should that make a difference. 

I want to go into a Rogers Plus store, futureshop or bestbuy and buy the phone and cancel the one that I have ordered. Any thoughts?