cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around

@peeyooshs

Ya but still again they wont be only 2 in the store ... They will probably bring every one that works and will connect Laptop's and everything, and some people don't need to print up plans and everything some only need to change for the iPhone 5

**merged posts**

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Peeyooshs

You are right on. Last year it took about 15-20mins for me to get my 4S activated and signed all the papers of the contact and all. So mosrt likely 20 minutes per person it may take or a bit more.

keith583
I Plan to Stick Around
Was #82 White 64GB since last friday... still in progress!

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
Ohh ya people have to sign some contracts but it shouldn't take that much time if you keep the same plan that you had before !

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
I hope when ill come back at 1h00 ill now be in progress 😞

nickjj
I Plan to Stick Around

If they brought all available staff into the store to process phone activations. I bet any money their computer system will go down and only make matters worse.

Rogers is controlling the flow and I think are concerned for Friday's launch when their systems will truly be tested. They will be monitoring very closely the activity since it is not just reservations occurring but new customers buying an Iphone as well.

Friday will determine how quickly the rest of us still waiting for a reservation to be processed will get our phones..

JJ_Apple_Fan
I Plan to Stick Around

16Gig Black, I'm now 3943.

svgjen
I'm Here A Lot

Whoever had asked about UPS's scheduled delivery (I forget who it was now), they are generally spot on.  I get stuff via UPS all the time and it's always on the scheduled delivery day.  Even when it's coming from the US and has to go through customs.  Hope that helps.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@nickjj

I can honestly say that the system will crash on tomorrow. It has happened every single year for the past 5 years. They crash and come back online within either minutes OR hours. This is something Rogers may need to fix. They can not have this happening all the time. Remember Bell's and Telus system crashes as well.

We will see how everything goes tomorrow and all. Hopefully it is good with no issues.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rejeanjodoin

The thing is that the store rep needs to read you most of the parts on the contract so you know what youy are signing. Also they need to make sure they have a copy signed and all as well. It takes time for all that to happen.

JMac24
I'm Here A Lot

Not sure if this question has already been answered, sorry if it has.  Does anyone know if the Rogers stores will only be receiving shipments Monday-Friday or will the stores receive more phones on the weekend too?

NickcGreene
I've Been Around

Been 572 for 2 days now. Looks like i'll be lining up bright and early at the apple store!

AnthonyM88
I Plan to Stick Around

I am picking mine up at a local lifestyle rogers wireless store in Mississauga, seems kind of small and weird, and it is opening at 10::30am tomorrow... what is up with that? I accidentally selected this store when I pre-ordered it. Granted it was 6:00am, and i was on my phone, so I just selected it because it was the first on the list. You guys think it will be way less busy than other bigger rogers stores? 

@Jmac24

I spoke to a few stores & they are not getting any delivery on the weekends. So it's either Friday or Monday.

Not sure if that's the answer you were looking for..

Cheers

gagggggg
I've Been Around

Hey guys, I need help on what to do here.  I was orginally 345th in line when the pre orders for the iphone 5 began last friday.  2 days ago it said my phone was shipped so i checked the tracking number today and it says it has been delievered to Burlington which is not where I want it to go. Both the e-mail I recieved and my account both say the correct address in Mississauga.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Ian5565
I Plan to Stick Around

I should probably note that my device said it was delivered to Concord, but when I went to the more info section it said that it was delivered to my city. Shortly after I go the call. I have a feeling its just a bug.

Funners
I've Been Around

Im 5230 in line, when do you think ill get mine?

onlylouise
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
 Last year it took about 15-20mins for me to get my 4S activated and signed all the papers of the contact and all. So mosrt likely 20 minutes per person it may take or a bit more.

They must have learned a lot between 2010 and 2011.  When I was upgrading from 3G to 4 on launch day in 2010, the first person in line at our Rogers+ store didn't leave the store until 3.5 hours after the store opened.  I was sixth, and I was in the store about an hour.

Solaron
I Plan to Stick Around

300 in line for 64GB Black.  Yeah... I think I'll be at the store bright & early tomorrow AM.

@onlylouise wrote:

@Meowmix wrote:
 Last year it took about 15-20mins for me to get my 4S activated and signed all the papers of the contact and all. So mosrt likely 20 minutes per person it may take or a bit more.

They must have learned a lot between 2010 and 2011.  When I was upgrading from 3G to 4 on launch day in 2010, the first person in line at our Rogers+ store didn't leave the store until 3.5 hours after the store opened.  I was sixth, and I was in the store about an hour.

I know the feeling.  I lined up at the WEM Apple store to upgrade my 3G to a 4 on launch day as well.  Apple employees came out around 8:30 AM saying that Rogers had crashed, but everyone else was good.  Even when I finally got into the store around 11:00 AM, they tried the activation, but couldn't do it.  Had to leave the store without a phone in hand - only a rain check ticket. 

Hoping that Rogers has a slightly better handle on things this time around - or at least I can get in before the system really takes its massive hit.

JJ_Apple_Fan
I Plan to Stick Around
I just dropped from 3943 to 2962 😉 [16Gig black]