cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
So before my statuts can change from Open to IN PROGRESS the people that are really IN PROGRESS need to go in Shipped ?

Jen12327
I'm Here A Lot

I was debating on lining up... I shall wait for the call!  Fingers crossed its tomorrow 🙂 toooooooo excited

Lucia59
I Plan to Stick Around

hey guys my 64gb white iphone 5 has been "in progress" the whole week... I was like 140 last friday (reserved at 6:30 AM) which is better than some i see their status changed to shipped since yesterday... Do you know if mine will change to shipped before tomorrow?

nnbeej
I Plan to Stick Around

Just left my roger wirelesto store.  I ordered my 16g white the first night, was shipping first batch. Apparently I've been told the wireless express stores phones are in Kingston, ont.  they are being released today to the individual stores meaning than the phones will not be there for 9am..... That's terrible that the "express" stores,  the only ones in sarnia, will not receive the phones at launch time. I def waiting in line, raising , and getting a free case out of it!!!!!!!!!!      Its certainly unbelievable that the great people on this post have far more information than the Rogers community themselves! Especially considering there profits are in the billions per year.......once again getting a free case......lol

**edited for content**

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Jen12327

I am still waiting outside in the line even tho my phone is at the store since yesterday lol.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rejeanjodoin

That would make sense from what I know. Just wait until 2pm or so too see what happens. That is the time its supposed to change around.

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
@meowmix

You're waiting outside right now ?

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

Do I have any change that my status will change ? Im 578 right now is it kinda looking good for me at 2pm?

JJ_Apple_Fan
I Plan to Stick Around
@lerra2003

Thanks for the info. I hope you get it tomorrow.

My number is now 3944.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rejeanjodoin

Yup ill be waiting outside from 9pm tonight. It could change anytime. It could change IN PROGRESS today and tomorrow it will show shipped. You never know it may do both today. Depending on how many units Rogers has in stock.

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
@meowmix

I hope at least changing status today

Morganjay
I've Been Here Awhile
Mine was delivered to somewhere in Calgary yesterday , I hope I get the call saying I can come get it tomorrow

Jen12327
I'm Here A Lot

Woinline eve line even thoug. It's at the store... Crazy!  I wonder what time the Kingston shipment will get to my Peterborough store... I would imagine not till afternoon?  Any thoughts?

Peeyooshs
I'm Here A Lot

How reliable is the UPS scheduled delivery ? Their website shows the following :

Scheduled Delivery:Thursday, 09/20/2012, By End of Day

Last Location: Concord, ON, Canada, Wednesday, 09/19/2012 Concord, ON, Canada

09/19/2012 17:53 Destination Scan  
09/19/2012 17:52 Origin Scan Canada
09/19/2012 20:31 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

How sure can I be that it will be delivered today & I can have it tomorrow ? OR do I stand in line ?

Any thoughts ?

Cheers

ders
I'm Here A Lot
@lucia59

I was #97 for a white 64gb last Friday and am still in progress too. Waiting......hoping!

BrandonMckay
I Plan to Stick Around

@rejeanjodoin wrote:
@BrandonMckay

Are you serious there dude ? So your telling us if we dont get it on the release date there's no point ? The point is we want the phone .. Glad you're gonna have it on the first day but dont everyone that won't ..

Whoa dude, it was a joke...

nnbeej
I Plan to Stick Around

@jen12327

I was told the first batch already left, yours should be in that batch.  I'm still waiting thou...

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
@BrandonMckay

Well try to make better ones next time

nickjj
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe the reason why the reservation numbers are not moving very fast is most likely due to Rogers queuing up the volume in the stores. Anyone that has a reservation will most likely be released in groups each day to the stores so that the stores don't get overwhelmed with large lines to pick up their phones. After all the reservation time frame before the credit is 14 days and I'm sure Rogers will use every minute of it to release phones.

I can't see why a large company like Rogers with over a Million cellular subscribers would only get a couple of thousand phones that have been shipped to date.  I doubt Apple sends them to Rogers in small shipments, doesn't make sense financially or logistically if Apple is true to their word on not having inventory issues like they did with the 4S launch.

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
But still the status could change from people if they know they have the phone somewhere and its comming to their store .. Cause we now think that we're gonna get it in a week

Plus not to forget the amount of tie it takes to activate a phone, print up the contract, get the clients to sign & set-up the phone. There is only so many phones that can be activated due to that time constrain.

I agree that Rogers is waiting till the first few days to see what is their daily capacity to activate phones & will then release it in batches.