cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

RedChuuu
I Plan to Stick Around
Rejeanjodin,

I reserved two 16gb white on Friday at around 5:40am. I got #60 and #69. With those numbers I pretty much knew I was gonna get them on Friday.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rsilver

Amazing!! I called and they told me its there :):) heheh happyyyy

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
@RedChuuu

Me I reserved to late and i don't know if I will get it on Friday !! Is yours shipped ?

bhubele
I Plan to Stick Around
@ onlylouise

is there anything you suggest say to the rep?
I really dont want to fork over $800+ this friday lol.

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

@sungod661

I am not sure. I hate this.

I just don't get it to be honest?

I'm not lining up, because we'll get the 64gb eventually, and in the end, it will be worth it. 

This being said, I'd love to know why we MAY not get it Friday. Then again, we still have the remainder of TODAY and TOMORROW to see a shipped status. In the end, we'll be laughing about how much we (more so me) panicked. 

The fact that we've been in progress since pre-order day confuses me. Does Rogers have the phones? Did Apple not ship 64gb? Are they just sitting at their warehouse? We make 2 trips to each store for pre-order shipping, when you can ship all in one bundle/truck??????

URGH!!!  

sebstienruel
I Plan to Stick Around
@rejeanjodoin

32 Gb White and was #217

mark_16
I Plan to Stick Around

My iphone 5 has also been delivered 😄

Quick question; I currently have a blackberry and since we have to change the chip to a nano SIM, will the contacts on my microSIM be transferred automatically through the system? 

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
AAAA 😞 I can't even go on Friday on the Lineup 😞 I just hope my status will change soon

RedChuuu
I Plan to Stick Around
Rejeanjodin,

Not only have they been shipped, they have both been delivered to the store a few hours ago!! I'll call the store when I get home to confirm.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@mark_16

No they will not BUT the store will be able to get ur contacts switchs to the nano one.. 🙂

modi_lucky
I Plan to Stick Around

@mark_16 wrote:

My iphone 5 has also been delivered 😄

Quick question; I currently have a blackberry and since we have to change the chip to a nano SIM, will the contacts on my microSIM be transferred automatically through the system? 

@mark_16:

The contacts will be an issue for you as contacts are stored on a sim. I usually sync my contacts with my google account so any phone I use, I can synce them on that phone... not restricted to SIM or itunes account etc.

mark_16
I Plan to Stick Around
Awesome! Friday needs to come faster... blackberry is unfortunately not what it used to be 😛

sebstienruel
I Plan to Stick Around
@mark_16 : I think you'll need to export your contact using the blackberry desktop and Import it in your mail client and start using Internet Synchronization (like iCloud or even gmail) instead of saving contact in your SIM.

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
Guys I got down from 1 Place !!! I got down from 583 from 582 !!!!!!!!!!!!

mark_16
I Plan to Stick Around

yeah I have set up the google sync, but it would just be nice for an automatic transfer through rogers

BrandonMckay
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone tried to contact Rogers regarding the delay on the 64's?

I'm going to inquire right now... I will let you know what I find out.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@BrandonMckay

Rogers reps will not know any info about it. The reps over the phone do not see anything that has to do with the reservation system.

Many on red flag deals called and got told the same.

lulwaffles
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

Which iPhone 5 are you getting? 😮

BrandonMckay
I Plan to Stick Around

Chatted with Andrew from Rogers... here is what he said.

12:18 PM   Andrew: 

As of right now all the different hard drive sizes will be shipped for launch date which is September 21, 2012.

I then asked if this was just store stock, or if it was reserved phones as well, and he assured me that reserved phones would make it out on time!

Good news for us 64gb folks.

modi_lucky
I Plan to Stick Around

@rejeanjodoin wrote:
Guys I got down from 1 Place !!! I got down from 583 from 582 !!!!!!!!!!!!

The movement in numbers is really really slow today!

jjbebe
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry I'm posting this again:

So here is my delimma, my last upgrade was Fe 9, 2011 when I did an early upgrade to get the Bold. Retention did this for me because I was a "valued customer" and have been with Rogers for over 10 years. 

Now because I'm wanting to get another early upgrade not even 2 years later, the offered me 50% off my euf which brings it down to $111. I was not happy with it but I took it thinking that was the best they could do. I came on here and saw so many people getting theirs completely waived. 

I tried back just now and the best they could do for me was to waive an additional $11 off my euf. I also told them that Bell was offering my my exact plan (which is the 6GB plan they just had) plus 300 more day time minutes for $50+tax. The best she could do was give me 50% off my value plan so i would save like $6 off my monthly plan. I said I was not happy and I wanted to talk to a manager. She made a case for me and I got off the phone. I also made a complaint online. 

This is what I said:

I have been with Rogers for over 10 years, I am not happy with paying an early upgrade fee of $221, yes I was given 50% off of that but this still is not acceptable. I have paid Rogers about $1200 for the last couple years or so and it's ridiculous that I need to pay $110 to get an iPhone 5.
I also have been offered my EXACT plan plus 300 MORE daytime minutes for $50+tax by Bell Mobility. I've heard great things about them, their customer service is exceptional and they have excellent cellphone coverage throughout Canada. Paying the $395 cancellation fee and moving over to Bell sounds like a good plan right now, because in the end I will be saving so much more with Bell.

Should I have just accepted what she offered me? Or should I keep trying? If I don't get what I want from the manager that calls me back and I keep trying, what do I say? Please help