cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
@meowmix

Thank You very much , but sadly I can't go wait outside at Rogers cause i'm working :S If i'm still letting my reservation, will I be able to still have it ?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Nasa

Good. Ask them as well if you need to wait in the line or not as well.

JayMoore
I Plan to Stick Around

@ meowmix

Yeah that's what I figured. There is 145 other packages being shipped there. It just had me a little worried. Thanks for the re assurance.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rejeanjodoin

You are welcome. If you leave the reservation the way it is, Rogers will process all the orders including yours and they will ship them out when they can. It can be tomorrow or next week. Yes you will still have it if you leave it the way it is 🙂

TranceAddict
I Plan to Stick Around

@Crvn

That's actually great advice.

For the person that I had said to keep your deal and not talk about it, you can give it a try. When I signed my 3 year contract when I got the iPhone 4, I built my plan to where it is and trust me, it was worth the wait as today my plan with "stacked discounts" cannot be beat. I have yet to come across someone who has what I have. Only a select few had a slightly better deal than me on RFD but when I say select few, I mean 1-3. In fact, I'm so happy with my plan that I tried getting the same for my wife/brother but unfortunately, it's not the same anymore. The discounts they used to give before either no longer exist or Rogers doesn't want to give it out. Regardless, never stop trying as you will eventually get someone who is willing to work with you and give you a better deal.

Good Luck, guys.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@JayMoore

With that many packages being sent then it is going to the head office and being sent out again. You are welcome 🙂

TranceAddict
I Plan to Stick Around

Nevermind.

Can't wait to get my i5 64 GB 🙂

sebstienruel
I Plan to Stick Around

@JayMoore

Mine has been shipped and the tracking says that the package is in Quebec city and it's correct. 

You should call rogers to know what it going on..

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
Thank You Meowmix I got a little bit worried, first time doing the reservation by internet and didn't know how it works... Ill try to go on the release date to get mine cause I can't wait so as you said we could still have a change of status today or maybe even tomorrow?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@sebstienruel

The reps over the phone will know nothing. They have nothing to do with the reservations nor can they see what is going on.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rejeanjodoin

If anything it may change today or tomorrow. Depends on when Rogers will get too you :).

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around
Really a big thank you for the fast reply, can't wait to receive it , I hope it will change today 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You are welcome:).

ninja98r
I've Been Here Awhile

@meowmix

Would you know if Rogers business customers have an alternate supply and reservation que for Iphones?

I decided I'll switch / eventualy cancel my 16GB (which has shipped) and order a 32GB.  I used my secondary phone number and I'm number 6406 throgh myrogers residential! 

I also have a corp wireless account and when I called yesterday to inquire the rep said he was in the 1,000's not 6,000's...?

luc9488
I Plan to Stick Around
@jaymoore My UPS tracking number also says out for delivery in Kingston but I'm in Peterborough. Strange indeed... But I'm happy I'm not the only one. The phones will probably just be dispersed from there.

nbaking23
I Plan to Stick Around

I read somewhere online that in the United States, Sprint and Verizon models can't use voice and data simultaneously with the new iPhone 5... Does anybody know if this will this be the case for Rogers aswell?

storm5
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey, I have two questions:

1) Would it effect my order # if I changed my shipping location?

2) Does it speed up/slow down the shipping process depending on where the shipping location is? (I.e. does it make any difference if I ship to Hamilton vs. Toronto?)

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@luc9488

That is correct. If the Rogers store you picked at is not owned by Rogers, the device will be shipped to head office and then be shipped out again to each store after that.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@storm5

If you change the shipping location while your status is OPEN, then no it will not do anything to the order.

Well the warehouse is in Toronto. So when Rogers ships them out. They will use Express shipping to go to the stores.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@nbaking23.

Seeing as AT&T can do it, Rogers will most likely do it as well. I was able to do it with my iPhone 4S as well.

The thing is that lets say you get a call while on LTE, LTE will drop and go to 3G or 4G. This happens on all the LTE devices. It has happened on my HTC Raider LTE, S2 LTE and S3 LTE. If you want google search it aswell and it will show you it. LTE is just internet not voice thats why.

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around
@nbaking

That no simultaneous voice and data is a CDMA thing. All carriers in Canada are now gsm so that will not be an issue