cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Crvn
I Plan to Stick Around

To anyone looking to call cancellation and get a better deal:

i would suggest you calling today or tomorrow before you go get the iPhone and sign a new three year contract. Once you sign a new contact, they know you will be paying hefty cancellation fee so you are less likely to get good deals unless they know you are on the fence now. What I did was tell them I have reserved iphone 5 and I am ready to sign a new three year contract with them but telus and bell are offering me a lot for less. i told them straight away that even though I still have about 16 months left on my contract and have to pay hundreds in cancellation cost, the saving from the bills on telus and bell breaks even few months. Once they realize you've done your due diligence, they will match service more easily.

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around
@abby - thanks for the tip. Reason I want it early is because my apple.ca iphone order is supposed to come on Friday as well. I don't want to be out while the ups guy is attempting delivery.

Badabing
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I'm following this post for some time now but still wondering... How will it works on Friday morning ?  Looks like my local Rogers store will have my reserved device by then (shipped yesterday) but my guess is that they'll be overwhelmed by people in line so they won't call me early ...

Is this a right assumption ?

luc9488
I Plan to Stick Around
@crvn

Did you give an example of where you could be saving $$ with bell and telus? What plans were you looking at?

Crvn
I Plan to Stick Around

I just came with a plan that was total bull and said it was from telus and bell. Then I said that the features were much better than my current Rogers account

**edited for content**

Robes888
I've Been Here Awhile

I've just returned from vacation and I'm trying to reserve an Apple iPhone 5 (Sept 18th). I realize I'm behind a few days but when I hit the final red "Reserve" button nothing happens. Would I receive an email instantly sayiong my reservation is confirmed or I have missed my opportunity on this round of new shipments?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Goomorning all:)

@badabing

That may be correct. They may be busy so they may not call u when they open. Give them a call and let them know. if anything then will let u know then.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@robes888

Once you reserve, you will get a email saying its been reserved 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@abby.

What you are saying is true BUT the store can not make us wait to serve others.. If our device are at the store, and we know, we are allowed to call the store to check and see. What Nasa is doing is what all of us will do anyways. In the end its not fair we get it Sat meanwhile its been sitting there since friday..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Nasa

If you want, you can call them and have them call you. We reserved them and have the right to call anyways seeing as we are able to see when they got it.

Call away:)

cbayliss
I Plan to Stick Around
Ok so the frustration continues. I called last week to check my EUF and was told $110. Over the weekend like everyone else it was $0. Called to confirm and was told $156. However there is a note on my file saying $140. I used to chat last night and was told there is nothing that can be done at this time but people are looking into it. ...Whatever that means. Did another chat with a manger (I escalated), and was told that he couldn't access my file because I'm on a corporate (business) plan. I'm on an individual plan through a company that has a group contract. I'm so confused and frustrated right now and it looks like I have to call the business phone line again today. Any advise?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Mine shows its out for delivery as of 8am so i will call later today to see if they have it. As customer we are allowed to call to check up. So call away everyone:)

BTW if they tell you they do not have it and all, dont be alarmed. They may be told to say this until launch day. They do that because they do not want u to ask them if u can get it now.. So do not get mad.

Francisr1157
I've Been Around
When do you think it would have to be shipped in order to get it Friday? What would be the latest

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Francisr157

Even if it ships Thursday, the stores will get them Friday because Rogers uses express shipping. So either today or tomorrow is good for it to arrive on Friday 🙂

Robes888
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, I figured that but nothing happens when I hit that "Reserve" button. I will call in today to see and see what I can find out. Thank you for the speedy response.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Robes888

That could be because of many reason. See what they tell you.

You are welcome:)

rejeanjodoin
I Plan to Stick Around

I reserved my iPhone 5 16Go White , I started of at 2762 and im now 583 .. Im scared that I will only have it in October, is there any chance that they still receive some and change my status ?

JayMoore
I Plan to Stick Around

So I just checked my UPS tracking number and it says it is out for delievery in Kingston. See that wouldn't be a problem if i was from there. But it is actually supposed to be shipped to Sarnia, Ontario, the total opposite direction. I re read the email and it said that it was being shipped to the correct location. Anyone have ideas of what could be going on here? A little worried now.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rejeanjidoin

Most likely Rogers is going to process more orders today and tomorrow. It all depends when Apple sends them the phones. If anything, wait until later on or tomorrow and check your status. If i has not changed by tomorrow, go wait outside at a Rogers store and get one that way.

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around
@meowmix

Yeah once I see the phones have been delivered ill call and ask what time I can pick them up on Friday.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@JayMoore

On the UPS site, do you see any other shipments with yours? Sometimes that would be the reason this happened. Also if the store is not owned by Rogers ( the one you put to go to). It would go to their head office and then resent out for delivery to the store. This is why it may also be like that.