cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@acwyau

That is a different story then. Corporate is different then normal customer orders. Hopefully Rogers does make it better this year.

@TranceAddict.

GOOD. I am sooo happy you finally got it :):) . The manager i spoke to is doing the same exact thing as well.
She is going to go in the account once the bill is out with the charges & make the credits her self. This is what is good as well 🙂 No need to call in hehe

Now all we need to do is wait for the phone & we are good :).

Thank you. Always here to help!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@wpd

No it does not work that way. The stores will call you ONCE they get the phone in their hands. Tha is why Rogers gives you the tracking number once you get the shipped email. This way you can track the device & all where it is as. If the store does not call you within an hour of UPS showing its been delievered to the store, Call them & ask. This is how it works. Believe me i know because i have used the reservation system MANY times & have done a bit work on how it works.

The stores do not have quotas on how many upgrades they can do. They can do as many as they want as long as the system does not crash.

TranceAddict
I Plan to Stick Around
@MeowMix.

Yes, I'm sooo happy myself man after all that trying, I got somewhere. I guess you just have to keep trying and keep explaining your situation and someone will listen to you.

She agreed to waive the fees off two lines which is simply awesome !

P.S: For anyone that says they can't waive iPhone 5 fees due to a policy, that's BULL.

Meowmix, You rock ! Thanks for all the support and I hope I can offer some advice/support as well.

TranceAddict
I Plan to Stick Around
@MeowMix

Can't wait for the phone. I'm really hyped for the phone. Let's hope it's worth it considering Apple didn't do anything innovative this year (for example - facetime, siri etc).

CL008
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Darn! That's unfortuante.. but I agree.. they really should work on this... at least say something like if you are in the top 200 (or whatever) that you will be garunteed the device on launch day! haha.. here's hoping..... 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@TranceAddict

She agreed to do it because she saw the many times you called & the reps told you no. She wanted you to be happy & did it for you. This is something not a lot of Managers do at Rogers

The fees can be waived BUT not the prices of the phone. This is something Apple is in control of. The EUF can be changed any time with Rogers tho.

I am glad you are happy now after all this 🙂 YOu deserve it hehe

Thank you man. Really appreciate that :). You do offer excellent advice & support as well :). Thank you for that & being here as well.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@CL008

Its true. They need to say at least something to let us know right? The thing is they write on the reservation system " WE can not promise if you will get it on launch day or not" but other carriers can. Rogers needs to really look at that.

Well i was #8 when i reserved mine on Friday but still i may not get it at launch. Who knows right? Hopefully Rogers pulls threw & brings the devices to the stores for launch.

BatJoe
I Plan to Stick Around

I still don't like that they will not adjust the EUF before going to pay/pick up the phone. Why must they credit it after? Thats what makes it sound fishy to me. We all pick up our phones with promises of EUF credits after and then it doesn't happen.

They should be able to drop the EUF prices before launch.

RobertLauder
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix, its now at 4700... Getting irritated.. 😮

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@BatJoe

Its simple. They can not do it because you are not doing the upgrade yet. Its simple. They can not change it before you do the upgrade. Its not easy as you think. Managers nor reps have access to change the EUF on the computer. Devs do that & most of the times the system does it, it self. They can not change the price on the computer at all. They need to manually change it them selfs once the bill is out with the charge on it. Every carrier does this. Not just Rogers. Bell & Telus do the same as well.

I have done this many times with Rogers & never once did i have any issues with it. You can think its fishy but its really not. I just got the iPhone 4S last yea the same way & once the bill came out, i called & they instantly the did the credit for me & within minutes my amount online was changed to the amount it was supposed to be with the credit.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@RobertLauder

That is good 🙂 Most likely you will get a lower end number in a few hours if anything. They are processing most of the orders before you 🙂

CL008
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix - TOTALLY agree!

FYI I went to the a Rogers store in Richmond (B.C.) yesterday inquiring about their process on launch day.... what was strange when asking if their store would open early and where the line up would start (because it's in a mall) they said not to even both lining up because last year, on Friday they ONLY received reservation phones and the actual inventory showed up the week after.  Now, I don't know if this is true or not becuase maybe they don't want people lining up at their store. They said that they waved everyone off last launch day because they only had reservation phones in stock.

Something to think about. Although, I found it kind of strange how they wouldn't even receive "Walk-In" inventory for launch day!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@CL008

They are telling you this because last year they got emails 2 days before launch saying they will only do New activations & resevation phones only. Then launch morning came, they got emails from head office saying they are allowed to do upgrades at the store. Head office did this for some reasons. At the store i was waiting at last year in the morning one of the reps said the same & until the other rep came, they showed him the email saying otherwise. Store reps do not see the emails until they go to the store OR get them on their own emails. They also telling you this so you do not wait in line.

ValCat
I've Been Here Awhile

What happened...just went from In Progress to 83 Open?

quattrob
I Plan to Stick Around

Good morning all,

@Meowmix,

In your opinion should I need to call Rogers again to speak to a manager of some sort even after I have interaction #s for my pricing which also has record of in my account?   After seeing what you and Tranceaddict said about manager doing the documentating and also creditting back the amount herself back to you, I'm alittle worried that even though I have interaction # and the pricing is documented/and or recorded (im not sure if it's recorded or documented) but I do have an interaction # and another rep read the notes to me about the price.    Please advise ^-^

Re: HAS YOUR OPEN RESERVATION FOR THE 5 CHANGED IN THE LAST 448 HOURS ???

I was 1715 or something on friday, dropped by 1000 on saturday then nothing until this morning. I am now in progress. When you see your number going down by 1 or 2 at a time, that's just people ahead of you cancelling. When you actually move up in the line it will be by several hundred at a time. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@quattrob

Yes you should. If they tell you a Manager will call you back, then tell them okay & wait until they call you back. Explain the notes & all on the account & see what the manager can do for you. Do not give up on this.

Its better to have a Manager to do it for you then a normal CSR.

nbaking23
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know if Rogers reps can waive the $35 fee?

quattrob
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix,

I hope it won't be too hard to get the stated price in the notes ;\ I guess it really depends on who I'm going to be dealing with. thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@nbaking23

The admin fee will NOT be wavied at all. Only is somecases but its rare anyone will get that waived. Its hard to get it waived as well. So no it will not be waived.

@Quatttob

Yea that is true but just speak to them & see what they can do for you:)

lulwaffles
I Plan to Stick Around

Can I pick up the device if I have level 1 authorization or does it have to be the account holder?