cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

JayMoore
I Plan to Stick Around

@hexon

1) Go to "contact us"

2) Choose "make a complaint"

3) Step one: Choose "yes".. Step two: Choose "no" and then click on the "live chat" link and it will take you to a manager. 

RedChuuu
I Plan to Stick Around

JayMoore the manager I'm chatting with won't budge! Any tips?

Holy crap this is frustrating.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@blacks123

Yes last year my Status changes to IN PROGRESS Saturday afternoon & Friday the day of launch around 8am it showed SHIPPED & got the email. They could be doing the same as well this year. They might ship them out Overnight express Thursday morning & get to the stores sometime on Friday

rsxmachine
I Plan to Stick Around

I have confirmed with retentions and retentions manager that if they offered to credit your account for the euf they will do it once u call in. They can't go back on an offer for sale. In any case don't use more than 30 min on the phoe before they credit so u can still return

dwade199
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix, thanks for all of the helpful information! If Rogers hasn't noticed by now how helpful you've been they should get their heads out of their asses and offer you a PR job 😉

So, here's my question: When I initially reserved my 32G Black iPhone 5, I was ~2600 in line, and as with most people mine jumped to ~1625 on Saturday.  I didn't move much Sunday which doesn't surprise me as the warehouse was closed.  But today it's only moved to 1603, is that because they still haven't shipped out the first 1000? Also, I realize I may not be able to get mine on Launch Day, but what about the following week?? I need to be able to receive it sometime next week as I'm leaving the country for a few weeks and doubt that they'll hold it for me til I get back.  Or - should I just wait in line on launch day to get a store model?

heyyoudvd
I Plan to Stick Around
I noticed that my early upgrade price in the Rogers system is still listed at $325, even though I called today and confirmed the reduced price.

Have other people's prices been reduced in the system or is the higher price still listed for everyone?

Madcatz
I Plan to Stick Around

Even though it didn't change to shipped until the day before. Did u still receive itRon launch day last year?

JayMoore
I Plan to Stick Around

@RedChuuu

Sounds like you have bad manager. Just explain your situation and how frustrating it is. Try to be polite and explain that you realize its not there fault but it is very frustrating. Try saying how loyal you have been, how long you have been a rogers customer. Etc. There isn't really much you can do if the manager wont budge. Close the chat and try a different one?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@rsxmachine.

For me the Manager said he would go into my account & do it for me once it goes Oct 8 when my new bill comes out. Its nice of him to do it & he even wrote it on the note as well!

@dwade. Thank you so much:)

Most likely you will get yours the following week. It will happen to everyone that has a number will get it then. You can wait inline & get one if you like & then just cancel this if you get it.

RedChuuu
I Plan to Stick Around
The most she gave me is $50. Guess I'll take that and try again.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@heyyoudvd

Those prices will be listed as the same. Reps & Managers can not change that. The store will give you the price you see but you need to call in after & get the credit. This is how it works with everyone.

rsxmachine
I Plan to Stick Around

I think the issue is you had to be quick to the trigger. I called early this morning and had no issues with them honoring 130 euf, I also had a ref number from the weekend cause I couldn't believe how much my euf was after getting iPhone less than a year ago. At this point I would accept 50% off cause all reps are aware of this now.  Too bad I didn't preorder, I wasn't planning on getting the phone I'll try much luck at the store. Last year I per ordered but bought it in store with no issue whatsoever and my store opens before 10 therefore the computers were fully functional 

RedChuuu
I Plan to Stick Around
I think you're right rsxmachine. I will keep trying though.

Madcatz
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix

You mentioned last year the "in process" didn't change until the day before to "shipped". Did u receive the phone on the launch day?

Just don't wanna get my hopes up lol

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@madcatz

When i got the shipping email around 8am launch day, the store called me at 12pm to go get it at the store. So yea it should be at the store on launch if you go to SHIPPED before launch or the day of

kbffs
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Meowmix,

I wrote this question last night but I think you had already gone off to work. 🙂

I am on the reservation list. In the off-chance that I do get a call to go pick the phone up at the store on Friday, what should I do if there's a huge line outside the store? Since I'm there to pick up a phone with my name on it, can I just go past all those in line or do I also have to join the line to get in the store?

I know... kind of a dumb question but still, maybe you might have some insight as to the proper ettiquette / procedure, lol!

Madcatz
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks!! Just what I wanted to hear. Great work on the forum as well.

Nixle
I'm Here A Lot

i'm number 728 on the reservation list, hope to get it friday Smiley Sad

I was 661 on reserve and I'm in progress, come to poppa 5 and I promise I will never leave you for Android again!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@kbffs

Yes i was working last night so i never saw it. Sorry about that 🙂

Well tell one of the reps outside that you got a call & you were told to come pick it up. Make sure tho when they call you, to ask if you need to wait in line OR go just straight in. Some stores have different ways on dealing with this. Most likely you may have to wait in line depending on how busy it is BUT there may be a chance you may not. Like i said, speak to the rep that calls you about it & they will tell you 🙂 Make sure you get their name as well of the rep that calls you so u can go to them 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Nixle

Most likely you will get yours either on the weekend OR the following week. Do not worry tho 🙂