cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Syiena
I Plan to Stick Around

Perhaps next time, they will have a separate website for the pre-orders.  Same sort idea though.  Log in with your user info.  At least this way - if something happens again, people would still be able to go on the rogers site, and view their accounts!  I've seen on fb, people are starting to demand credits for the site being down.  And not being able to check their account, including usage etc.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I fully agree with that. You must of read that message off facebook because someone else wrote it as well same way too LOL.

The thing is that Rogers most likely will not give out credits for this. Customers could always call in & ask to hear what the usage is. Pretty simple in my honest opinion. This is why before they had the usage on My Rogers, customers would call in & find out. Those people are just milking it so they can get something out of Rogers if you really look at it.

I can understand if the site & the phone lines went down & there was no way to see / hear your usage but cmon. People need to get a grip & call Rogers if the site is down to know their usage & such.

Syiena
I Plan to Stick Around

haha!  guilty as charged! lol

could be worse though.  If rogers wouldn't have had this pre-order system in place, it would have been 10 times worse having to call in and pre-order it.  OR 10 times worse having to go from store to store asking if they have it lol.  It

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

LOL.

Yea that is true. That is why Rogers did the reservation online instead of over the phone or at store. Think about it this way. If Rogers had to take reservations over the phone, the lines would be a massive wait time & people would complain even more about the wait times. The stores would be full with people trying to reserve at the stores & even then the system would crash.

This is a good way to reserve a phone BUT Rogers never really took into account that many people would & never thought the system would crash like this. Now they are left with trying to get it back up & running & having angry customers complaining.

EDIT - I just called Rogers & it seems that even the reps can not access anyones account. Their systems are going under maintenance as the same time the Rogers.com one is going too.  This can show that its not only Rogers.com that is being fixed up.

gkvil84
I Plan to Stick Around
what rogers needs are some competent web designers and IT people... if the same thing happened last year why not optimize your servers, and get your QA team to run massive stress tests to prevent all this downtime...

nickjj
I Plan to Stick Around

I find it unacceptable that Rogers calls this outage "Due to maintenance". Why don't they man up and call it what is "Due to the heavy traffic our systems crashed".

Maintenance is something that is usually scheduled in the technology world and I doubt Rogers would schedule a major maintenance outage around a phone launch.

This is what annoys me most.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@gkvll54

That i agree with. I remember where last year they had the issue that NO ONE could actually reserve for an hour or so because the system failed (or so they say).

@Nickjj

I do find it unacceptable as well. I understand that they need to fix things but they should atleast tell us the truth.

Now imagine Friday how it is going to be once iPhone actually launches & everyone is trying to activate them.

EDIT - I just tried logging in & it workes. I am able to see all my accounts & all

EDIT 2 - They brought back the " Check upgrade Eligibility" again on your account. This time you will see the amount they told you over the phone yesterday. Mine shows EUF $130. In order to get it waived i have to wait for the bill to come out with the EUF on it &  have to call Rogers. Once i do that & tell the rep, that is when it will get  waived. That is the way it works for custoemr retentions deals.

The site also seems a bit faster now as well. Reservations are working & my is still IN PROGRESS without any issues at all.

EDIT 3 - I called Rogers ( *611) & none of the departments are able to view anyones account due to 'system maintenance". They told me to give it a few hours 1-3 hours & then call back & see. They told me the site will come back live at 12pm, which it came back live just now & the call centers later on the day.

So there you have it.

onlylouise
I Plan to Stick Around

So my queue number's dropped by a bit over a thousand.  I checked the "upgrade eligibility" tool, and it doesn't have the iphone 5 as one of the options, but when I check for upgrading to any of the other devices, it comes up with the early upgrade fee being zero and just that hardware upgrade administration fee of $35. 

I'm upgrading from an iPhone 4 bought on launch day.   Last time I upgraded from an iPhone 3G bought on launch day, and I can't remember for sure, but I think 25 months was enough to avoid the early upgrade that time as well. 

gkvil84
I Plan to Stick Around

all 3 of my phones are also in progress... clicked view info and it showed that shipping details have been / will be emailed... still waiting on my tracking numbers but i imagine ill get them today or tomorrow...

I got the iPhone 4s last November and put in my reservation for the iPhone 5 but I can't seem to find any information on how much it will cost for the early upgrade. Using Rogers' tool only yeilds $0 for any device so will my fee for the iPhone 5 be the device + $35 and no early upgrade? I called Rogers aswell, but they only said it would cost $229 for device + $35. Rogers on Twitter replied and said it would be available in MyRogers, but I can't seem to find it. 

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around
@meowmix - did you get a resolution number for that $130 credit? Seems like the reps are offering credits but the offers aren't holding up without a resolution number

razzdazz
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix...first off thanks for all your help and insight!  I've been checking this thread for the last few days and you are so helpful! 

So I was hoping to get your thoughts on this... I received # 950 on Friday am for a 16GB Black, and it slowly dropped a little over the last day.  When I last checked las night, I was down to #926.

When I just went onto check this am... it says I am #61 (status is still open)! Does this seem right, that I have dropped over 800 spots over night?  I'm not complaining Smiley Happy just has me a bit worried that something may be up with their system.

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around
@tanilolli

Login to myrogers and under your account click on check my upgrade eligibility. Choose a galaxy s3 and see what the early upgrade fee comes up as.

As for the iPhone 5 pricing, it will be $229 for the 16gb less a $50 online rebate which brings the price to $179.

maddrummerdan
I've Been Around

Reservation numbers are dropping pretty fast, I guess they're filling orders... Hopefully I receive my iPhone 5 on the day it's released!

Harjeet
I Plan to Stick Around
@razzdazz

The reason you went from #950 to #61 is because 889 people in front of you in reservation number, statutes changed from OPEN to IN PROGRESS, and they no longer have a reservation number because their order is ready to be shipped and you just moved down the list.

razzdazz
I Plan to Stick Around

@Harjeet 

Thanks so much!  I was hoping that would be the case!  Do you when it switches to IN PROGRESS, do they give you any indication as to what day it will be be shipped?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Nasa25. Yes i did & i actually called back 5 times to make sure that its there & all.

@razzdazz

**bleep** Razzdazz & Thank you 🙂

Nothing to be worried about!. That means that the people nfront of you already go processed & now its your turn. Rogers most likely has thousands of units in stock so if you go IN PROGRESS as of yesterday & today, you will get it at launch or the next day.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@Razzdazz.

The only way you will know its been shipped is when you get the shipping email & the status changes to SHIPPED.

The email you get, will give you a tracking number where you are able to see where the phone is!. Most likely most of us should go into SHIPPING status by Monday or Tuesday. If not Wednesday is the day,

Ian5565
I Plan to Stick Around

I am in progress on all my lines! Guess I won't be having to wait in line after all. For reference, my two blacks were in the 700's and my white was in the 300's

razzdazz
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Tha's great...Thanks again for everything! Smiley Very Happy

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Ian5565

That is great news!!

This is what i am saying. Most likely Rogers got around 6-7 thousand units in stock & they are going to start shipping the first 1-2 thousand in the start & the rest will follow. Who knows, maybe we will ALL get the devices during launch 🙂

@razzdazz

You are welcome :). Always here to help & answer questons.