cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Last year with the iPhone 4S, the first 100 or so got it on launch day.

Remember tho that last year they just came out with this

Joe501
I Plan to Stick Around
How can you go back and check your position in queue?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Those are the prices Rogers has. If you call Rogers, reps will give you those prices.

Also remember prices may change SO Rogers may add more or less. It all depends on the carrier

BatJoe
I Plan to Stick Around
I would think your place in line is only one factor, it also matters where you are having it picked up from.

If every store is getting some shipments, but only say two handfuls of people reserved it at the store I am picking up from, you would think I would get priority over walk ins.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
The thing is that the number you are is Canada wide.

Stores get a batch of iPhone's the day before & or 2 nights before the launch. The reservation phones come on the day of launch if you are a small number like me (#8)

appannu
I Plan to Stick Around
ya but im sure rogers will get the initial shipment of way more than 8.

BatJoe
I Plan to Stick Around
Yes, but I live in a smaller town. About an hour and a half outside of Toronto.

I doubt many people at my Rogers Plus have reserved their phones. So wouldn't it make sense that my name would be put on one of those phones the store gets in their shipment?

appannu
I Plan to Stick Around
ya i guess, but I live in Brampton which is a bigger city so hopefull i can get on launch day or the next day. im number 360... which isn't that big compared to what some other people have 😕

BatJoe
I Plan to Stick Around
I think considering this is Canada wide anything under 10,000 is pretty good.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
10,000 units for the reservation system is a lot to be honest. All the pre orders from what i have seen on Roger's Facebook & Twitter people are at #5000

joinjon
I'm Here A Lot
The reservation stock is a completely different inventory then the stores stock. The stock the store gets is for walk-ins only. The reserved phones are specifically for those who reserved them.

Crvn
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm 301 for 16gb white iPhone 5 and picking it up downtown toronto. Hopefully I can pick it up on launch weekend. If I don't get confirmation email of shipped by the 20th, I'm planning on waiting in line at apple store in the morning to pick it up in person. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@JoinJon. Yes as exlpained in the others posts, the stores get different invetory then the reservation ones.

@Crnv

You wont get a shipped email on the 20th. Last year i was #7 for the 4S & i never got the email the night before & i waited outside the store & got the phone from the store & around 8am day of launch i got the email its being shipped.

Joe501
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey how do i go back and check what my position in line is? It was 240 this morning, curious if it's changed!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Go back to the main Rogers page. On the top of the page you will see MY Rogers. Click that & it will take you to another page with a iPhone 5 Reservation banner. Click that & it will take you to the reservation you made.

blacks123
I Plan to Stick Around
Does anyone know how early the line up started for the Square One Apple store? I think I may just line up there in the morning.

Could I line up at a Rogers store and buy it outright, or will the stores only reserve their stock for upgrades.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Lines up will most likely start around 7-8PM Thursday night. Last year people waited outside Square one around 6-8PM. Once the malls closes, everyone goes outside in the same order & lines up outside. You do not loss your spot anyways.

You can line up for the Rogers store & buy it outright BUT it will be locked to Rogers. Apple is the one selling outright unlocked phones.

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor
That doesn't work for me, plus it STILL says MyRogers is under maintenance.. I have to go back in history & find the link to reservation to view my position that way.. which is holding at #12 for now.

Cipher002
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been trying to get the system to reserve a phone for myself, but the system is broken. I can select the phone, and the location, but then I can't click anything else. There is no continue button after that. I'm totally lost on what to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Joe501
I Plan to Stick Around
Oh I've jumped to 238 for a black 16gb. Well, I'm hopeful. I don't mind waiting an extra week if that's what happens...

Does anyone know for the iPhone 4S what the rough 'cut-off' number was for getting your iPhone on day 1 via reservation?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@joe501

Rogers only gave the ones from 1-50 so on the launch date last year for the 4S. I remember some people #74-80 got there the next week