cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone.

Seeing as Apple already announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 5, this thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do not make another thread about reservation & all. I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..

Now all we need to do is wait for Rogers to announce when they will add the iPhone 5 to the resevation list & once its done, sign into your My Rogers account - Overview & you will see a Red wording saying " Device Reservation". Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want "16GB,32GB,64GB" & you just need to pick the store you want it to go too.

Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee but once the device gets shipped, they will credit the fee back to you. Also remember you will not be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The reservation list is made so they keep a phone in your name & you go pick it up once the store gets it.

This is something Rogers can not change unless they do.  The prices are going to be the same $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB & $399 for the 64GB version. Like i said those prices MAY change from Rogers but those are the prices Apple said they will be.

Also the prices for the new iPhone 5 outright price will be as followed:

iPhone 5 16GB : $699

iPhone 5 32GB: $799

iPhone 5 64GB: $899

Any questions?

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 5 in here please.

EDIT* Rogers has posted a tweet that it will be avialble for the reservation system on Friday 14th.

****Edited Labels****

8,780 REPLIES 8,780

Re: Apple iPhone 5 Questions / Reservation List Numbers.

madnug
I've Been Around

Hey Meowmix - Thank you for always answering the questions here!

Now I have a question: Do we need to be on a data plan in order to be eligible to get the low $299 price for a 32GB?  I have 2 lines, one is my personal that is on a minimum plan with call forwarding, and one is my business that has data and everything else.  Since I cannot get the business reservation site to work, I ended up going to my personal line account and reserved a phone under that account.  And since My Rogers is still down, I cannot check any upgrade info at all. 

Now after 3 full hours, I finally get through to the business customer service and they placed another order for me under my business line.  However, it is very weird that it says on the business site that it will be SHIPPED to me instead of a store pick up, and also there is no que # at all on the record.  But since I am 3 hours behind, I am sure my personal reservation shall fullfill before I will get my business one.

That said, if I pick up my personal reservation at the store, would I be able to actually buy it under my business account?  Or it has to be activated under my personal account?  

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

chrisman66
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Meowmix - Thank you for always answering the questions here!

new to the forums so please bare with me...

I reserved an Iphone 5 16GB Black today and I am #1844

I was wondering if you had an idea in past history with the (4 and 4s) when they shipped them out around this number

I was just wondering how long I could ball park it being #1844

Any help is appreciated

hellokaity
I Plan to Stick Around

Just want to say my problems have ceased and finally got my order in for the iPhone 5 White 16GB.  Number 1110 :\.  I'm sure it'll be awhile before I receive it, but my point of reserving was just so that I didn't have to keep calling stores.

Dominic123
I've Been Here Awhile
Meowmix, thanks for all the details you're a great poster! i'm number 1200! but it says i get 50$ if it does not ship within that time frame, so they can take their time! 😃

Boxster
I Plan to Stick Around

going back a few pages, I had the same problem, the "reserve" button won't work. so I see the advise of using the ipad, worked.

16G black #2340
16G white #1220

as of 9:23am

I have 2 accounts.

**edited for content**

onlylouise
I Plan to Stick Around

So if they can't fill my order in 2 weeks, I'm thinking that maybe besides the $50 making-up-for-it fee, I might also get in another month on my existing 3-year contract, meaning that I'd save another $32 or $36.75 or whatever.    I got my iPhone 4 on the launch day two years ago, which was August 2nd 2010 ...

Do you think it works that way?  They figure out your early upgrade based on the pickup day rather than the order day? 

writergal
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm in the low 200s for a black 64 GB.  I'm not the account holder, but spoke with someone at Rogers last week who said that it shouldn't be that big of an issue with pick-up since I'm level 1.  I am worried that there will be a problem - the account owner is under my 90-something grandfather's name who doesn't leave the house every day (and it's an effort for him to come downtown).  I've purchased a phone before without him around, but it was a replacement for a phone that died, not a hot, sought-after device on or around launch day.

I'm thinking I should go to the store I'm picking up at next week (before Launch Day) to speak with someone about this.

gkvil84
I Plan to Stick Around

anyone got any tips if the store refuses to sell me the phones outright even if i reserved them?

rsilver
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a feeling Rogers might be getting a lot more stock than we think..otherwise they will be giving out LOTS of $50 credits!

Boxster
I Plan to Stick Around

It has to be pickup day.

Boxster
I Plan to Stick Around
Ideally if you are going for the $50 credit, you should order tomorrow, Sept 15 just before midnight. That way they have to deliever by Sunday 30th. Best chance for the credit!

gkvil84
I Plan to Stick Around

boxster -  if you're talking to me i know it has to be on a pickup day... my question is though, when they call me to pick up my 3 phones and i show up with cash in hand to buy them outright can they refuse me? and if so what can i do to rebutt the refusal since i reserved my device just like everyone else...

punchbuggy
I Plan to Stick Around

thats exactly what rogers told me since i'm level 1, they don't see it ever needing a the primary...

n0rule5
I've Been Around

boxster: The 2-week starts counting from the day it ships—which is September 21—so any reservations from now till then will be guaranteed to be available on October 4.

http://redboard.rogers.com/2012/get-the-most-coveted-devices-with-the-rogers-reservation-system/

blacks123
I Plan to Stick Around
@ writergal

I had the same issue with the iPhone 4. Level 1 authorized, but they would NOT give me the phone at the store, even though in the store I called support and they were like yeah they should give it to you. The manager just simply said no.

And since then I've refused to upgrade my contract through Rogers, even though it would have saved me quite a bit more cash.

You should just get the account transferred to your name.

utopye
I Plan to Stick Around

My rogers homepage still says "Myrogers is undergoing maintenance". I want to check my upgrades.This is frustrating. Anybody else having the same problems? 

I can get in, but when I click the Reserve button, nothing happens. I saw that someone worked around that by using an iPad, but I don't have one. I guess I'll just keep trying...

Just reserved and my number  '1654' and it's lower than some that got through 2 hours before me.

Are their multiple reservations lines? One per district perhaps? I'm in Alberta.

Curious...

rl8
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Everyone, thanks to MeowMix for all the info.

I know similar questions have been asked and I've been through all 36 pages of posts and haven't really seen it be addressed.

I'm number 240 for 64Gb black - based on past experience, do you think I'll be able to get this on launch day?  I know no one can guarantee but just looking for some thoughts.

THANKS!

appannu
I Plan to Stick Around

im #362 for the white iphone 16gb and reserved at 6:17am... i think that was liek 17 minutes after it opened up. Anyone know if i'll be able to get it on launch day, and is the position canada wide?

rl8
I've Been Here Awhile

The posts show that people were getting in just after 5:30 am EST so you were later than you thought...like me...I processed my order at 6:01 am and thought I was going to be really low but...grr...