Apple and iOS 6: reconsidering my reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Apple and iOS 6: reconsidering my reservation

I have the iPod touch 4th Gen and i just updated to iOS 6. OMG. I am soooo disappointed it's disgusting. Apple just butchered big time the Maps. You don't get traffic data, map is super slow.  In fact, the entire OS is slow. I am running out of memory very quickly. Granted, the iPhone 5 will be significantly faster, but still iOS 6s lack of features is really disappointing.

Any thoughts on the subject?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple and iOS 6: reconsidering my reservation

ACT QUICKLY if you want 5.1.1 back on device.

Search internet on howto put into DFU mode and restore and grab the 5.1.1 ispw file for your device.

Apple is still signing 5.1.1 as well as 6 ( just reverted a 4s back to 5.1.1 to sell as jailbreakable ).  They can stop signing 5.1.1 any moment now and then you can't revert back to 5.1.1 unless you have blobs saved.

Honestly i love the maps in 6 rather than google. Considering your 4th gen ipod is 3 rd generation behind for the IOS 6 expect it to run somewhat slower than 4s and 5.  This is same as 5 firmware on 3gs and 3g

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a 3GS and os6 runs fine on mine
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am running iOS6 on my iphone4 (not s)

And while its missing alot of the upgrades from iOS6 that the 4s and 5 have, it actualy is running QUICKER than 5.1.1 was on mine.

I think it may varry from device to device, and also the older the generation of phone/ipod, and what you have loaded, can make a diference.

As for the maps... while i do find the actualy map part, takes a second longer to load than on the google based one, i find the actualy gps part, where the actual location is, more accurate. 

And i just looked on mine.. the traffic is still there.    Hit the little fold over page thing, and it should be there.  Only thing i could think, is that apple restricted it to possibly only 3g devices for traffic? One thing i did noitce for the traffic, it doesnt show GREEN for good like the other.. it will only show if its yellow or red with bad traffic... so you might have to FIND an area with bad traffic to see it.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have also found that iOS 6 has been a performance increase on my iPhone 4, which is a surprise because generally the upgrades have always seemed more system intensive.

I also think the new maps looks fantastic. It's powered by TomTom.

I think the original poster's gripes are based on the device (an old Touch), not the software.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation