cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

ahmedcostco
I plan to stick around

Just curios if anyone has had there position in line move to shipped? i was positioned at 189 and i moved to 59 a couple hours ago, so i assume 130 have already been shipped! if they keep shipping at this rate then i should have my phone at launch! this is my first pre order from rogers, ive been a rogers customer for 19 years! i was an inch away from moving to telus just so i can get the apple watch - till rogers gave me a loyalty plan i couldn't refuse so i decided to wait it out and good thing i did!

***Added Labels***

846 REPLIES 846

Re: Apple Watch Series 4 Pre Order/Reservation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
@rokstar

I agree with your frustration but the watch IS new territory to Rogers. I can 99.9% guarantee you that almost everyone at Rogers save a very very very few higher ups did not know about this watch launch/watch support until the day it was announced or immediately before then. Apple doesn’t allow anybody and everybody access to what they classify as secret information.

So you have this activation debacle caused by two main reasons:

1. Customer support/techs/almost everyone at Rogers learning on the fly about how to diagnose and solve problems related to the Watch activation.
2. Seems like Rogers did a pretty terrible job beta testing the system. Or it could point back to point #1....not enough people knew about the launch to get a large enough sample size to properly beta test the system.
3. Rogers just doesn’t spend money to make sure things go smoothly day 1. Look at almost every iPhone launch when the activation servers crash. They could make their server system more robust but they don’t because the incremental cost of doing that is not worth it to them. Guess they’d rather their customers suffer a bit initially.

Look...I spent like 9 days trying to get my Apple Watch up and running. So I’ve been through some severe punishment. But I know there’s not much we can do other than to accept it or look elsewhere. Rogers isn’t going to spend the money to make sure things go smoothly day 1. They’re just not going to.

Also, re: the watch reservations, I have no idea why things are so slow. I can only speculate it’s a combination of lack of stock (Rogers shipped a ton more 40s than 44s and the stock situation is the EXACT same with Apple - tons of 40s, very few 44s) as well we perhaps holding back on the bulk of shipments until the activation system is at least semi operational.

From a customer perspective though, I agree with you. We shouldn’t really have to care what it takes for Rogers to get it right. Things should just be done right day 1. I don’t know if that’ll ever happen though.

Nick36
I plan to stick around
Omg! I just got a shipping confirmation from Rogers!! Finally, maybe Monday or Tuesday I’ll have it.

dustonf
I plan to stick around
Yay!
What colour and size also what position are you in?

Nick36
I plan to stick around
@dustonf

It’s the 44mm space grey. I was 162 when I preorded the day of the announcement. Then I dropped to 30 right before the release date and was stuck there until yesterday when I switched to in progress.

dustonf
I plan to stick around
Happy for you but I’m confused.. I started around 40 when I pre ordered! I’m at 27 and still “OPEN”. I’m in Hamilton Ontario, you?

mwahidullah
I plan to stick around
Got shipping notification. 44 Silver, I was #3. 🙂

dustonf
I plan to stick around

Nice!! Looks like Rogers is getting it together 🙂

jerryedmonds
I plan to stick around
Did you just receive your shipping notification? I'm still at 35 for my 44 Silver AW4

mangobug
I plan to stick around

Looks like a progressive day guys. I bumped up 130 spots to get to 320. A looonnnggg way to go, but there is hope. Any chance we will see the queue progressing over the weekend? 

Nick36
I plan to stick around

Yes I got the shipping confirmation tonight. I'm in the Ottawa/Gatineau area.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mangobug

They don't ship out during the weekends. The only thing I can think of is they may get some in tomorrow and switch them to IN PROGRESS. However it all depends when Apple ships more to then.

Hopefully it's not a long wait!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Nick36

Glad to hear it's been shipped out!

Ducker
I plan to stick around
Finally a little movement! I ordered on Sept 22 and was #584. Now I’m #381!
Hope to see more movement tomorrow. Ordered a couple new watch bands from Amazon in the mean time...I’m still using (and enjoying) my 1st Gen Watch...this upgrade is gonna be SWEET!

Yay I’m shipped! Was in progress for one day. Shipped late last night. 🙂

Niagara Region here. Started at #67, went down to #21 on release date. 40mm grey.

dustonf
I plan to stick around
No movement for me last night, Hamilton area.

18 for 44 silver
28 for 44 grey
“OPEN”

No movement here either. Still at #10 for 44mm Gold. In St. Catharines

No movement for me either #8 for 44 gold etobicoke

mangobug
I plan to stick around

@Ducker that's great man !! which bands did you order? And how much? 

mangobug
I plan to stick around

I bumped up 3 spots from last night. Hope they are still working over the weekend. Anyone's status changed from last night?

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
Just a heads up for those getting the gold aluminum model (as opposed to the stainless steel that Rogers doesn’t offer).

The watch case looks like more of a proper dark yellow gold indoors under unnatural lighting but in natural lighting situations (moreso pronounced under dim natural light situations) the case looks more rose gold. Just keep that in mind so you aren’t surprised when seeing the watch in real life.

Shisui
I've been here awhile

Mine changed from 822 to 821