cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV Can't sign into Crave

Sailorman
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone else having trouble signing into Crave on an Apple TV.  I got Crave working on an iPad and through my PVR but no go on Apple TV. It accepts my sign-in online using my Rogers info, but doesn't refresh and activate on Apple TV.

I called it in to tech support but it sounds they are unaware.  They refreshed and said to try again in an hour. 

***Added Labels***

82 REPLIES 82

Re: Apple TV Can't sign into Crave

vanroessel
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone have similar issues with a Samsung Smart TV? I go through the process and I can actually sign in but when I go to watch anything it says I need a subscription which I obviously have.

Yes. I’m having same issue with Samsung TV. Computer verifies I’m successfully signed in on the Tv and to stream on, but when I try and play something on the app on the tv says I’m not authorized and I need to sign in. . ?

EDBWE
I've Been Around

WE are having the same issue.  Getting nowhere with Crave.   Supposingly they have put a ticket in for us a week ago however, we have not heard anything back.  We have Apple TV 3+ and 4K.  

Well TGIF and I just rebooted my Apple TV version 3 expecting exactly the same results as the past daily attempts, but it worked. 

When I entered the 7 digit code in my web browser and then was redirected to the login, and picked Rogers as my Provider, and entered my Rogers account login, I expected it to fail as usual, but it WORKED. 

And it also worked on my old APPLE TV version 2. Hopefully it works now for everyone who has had trouble

Paul40
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi,

When you said rebooted...did you reset your Apple 3 back to factory settings or just restart. I want to make sure I do the same thing.

Thanks

Paul

Just the Restart from the Main Menu

It works!!!!!!  My apple tv3 is now streaming Crave.

Let's see if it works on Xbox and Samsung TV now too............

Cheers!

vanroessel
I Plan to Stick Around

I can verify it works. I didn't even need to input the code on one box. Little too late though as I decided to give Bell a shot after this latest issue.

vanroessel
I Plan to Stick Around

Apple TV works now but not my 5 year old Samsung Smart TV. Says I am activated but I still cannot watch anything.

Paul40
I Plan to Stick Around

Great thank you ....I will try that tonight...

Doesn’t work on Xbox One X.
Here’s the mesage I get when I try to play anything on the crave app on Xbox One X after it says I’m successfully signed in:
“Authorization Failed
You are authenticated but you do not have access to this channel - please contact your television provider.”

By leaving Rogers and going to Bell I believe you’ve played right in to Bell’s plan.
I imagine there are fat cat high up execs at Bell that planned on making this switch from TMN Go to CRAVE as excruciating as possible for Rogers customers. The frustrated Rogers customers would then get fed up and cancel with Rogers and go to Bell. I thought about doing the same but was able to see through Bell’s diabolical motive.
Crave was a Bell only product previously.
Come on Rogers. Get it together.

Gimped
I Plan to Stick Around
Worked for my Gen2 Apple TV as well!! Wahoo!!!

Paul40
I Plan to Stick Around

YEAH!!!!!!!  it works...finally .....thank you!!

Gjwa
I'm Here A Lot

Now May 2019 and still no word?

That is the message I see when I was setting up my new Apple TV.

Hello, @Gjwa.

Thank you for joining this discussion and congratulations on your new Apple TV. 👍

We love to help resolve the signing issue; please answer the following: 

• What's the model of your Apple TV?
  • What's the exact error message?
  • How did you sign up for Crave TV?
  • Are you able to sign into Crave on other devices?
  • Are you getting a 5-digit or 7-digit activation code?

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Russjeff
I've Been Here Awhile
Using crave.ca/apple from my iPad to activate the AppleTV had the same problem. Using my windows laptop to do the same thing solved my problem.

andyrmt
I've Been Around

Yes I am experiencing the same thing.  Something to do with crave needing to up date their software to match the New IOS upgrade....  Anything new on this?

Firefox worked on my iPad on the first try after I saw this thread, so it could be that it doesn’t work in Safari

Topic Stats