cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @haoy7

Business and corporate reservations statues are as following

- In Progress ( Pre Fulfilment) - your reservation has been made but No device yet.
- In Progress - they have the device in stock and starting to get It reading.
- In Progress (Activations) - Activating the device to work on Rogers and your account
- Finalize ( They are finishing everything up and packing it up
- Shipped - They shipped it out.

Consumer Reservation statues

- OPEN - Your reservation is open and they have no device yet.
- IN PROGRESS - They have the device in stock and getting it ready for shipment. This can delay as they may not have the pre order gifts ( some devices come with this) or UPS could delay this.
- SHIPPED - It has been shipped out.

bqureshi
I Plan to Stick Around

Another update for those waiting on the corp reservation side for a JB Plus device, specifcally 256GB (since each device model has it's own qeue), I spoke to someone at corporate at the management level. After a lengthy conversation, and doing some digging he was able to confirm that not a single device has been allocated to this qeue (no surprise to us) but at least he was the first acknowledge it. He did confirm some of the corp queues are moving now, and while I was speaking to him I jumped from 3 of 194 to 1 of 184. He checked immediately and confirmed none of them were devices being shipped, rather cancellations. He was also able to verify that quite a few Roger's stores had the exact same model in stock showing in his system (again no surprise). He was able to verify and check how many of these devices have been shipped for each qeue, and for ours it was showing ZERO!

All this to summarize, he gave me his personal contact info at Roger's to keep me in the loop as he escalates this issue as it's now been 2 months and nothing has been allocated to this qeue. Normally a percentage is allocated albeit a low percentage since their focus is the consumer qeue, but in this case, 0% has been allocated so someone has definitely slipped somewhere.

My suggestion, for those also waiting on this qeue (corp JB Plus 256 GB) who have not made any movement, please contact Roger's Business, escalate to a manager to voice this issue. More voices standing together are stronger than just one.

Let's hope I got through to a good one who can make some sort of change.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @bqureshi

I have noticed this isn't the only problem. They do this with all device reservations for the business and corporate customers. I think they want the regular consumers to get it first then the business gets them BUT it's wrong to do that. Unfortunately they are doing this and the only way is for everyone to push them.

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

HI,

Just an update: I have called the store today. They have not received the phone yet (was shipped on Nov 8th) so hopefully tomorrow? 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qubit

Hopefully! Ask them to double check as sometimes they may put it in the back and not remember.

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around
HI @Meowmix,

Do you know from where they ship the phones? Does it usually take less than 3 days?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qubit

They ship them from the Toronto Warehouse. It does state it can take 1-3 business days to ship out. Again it all depends on UPS and when they actually picked up the unit from Rogers and have shipped it out / weather conditions and such.

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the info! If it is Toronto, and if the phone shipped the moment I received the email that said that it did, it should have arrived today (I'm in Waterloo, ON) so maybe either the person on the phone didn't check properly or the phone hasn't been shipped exactly when they emailed they did.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qubit

When I did my volunteer time at the warehouse a few years ago, I noticed that the waybill would be printed out and they would send out the emails saying it's been shipped but depends on when UPS picks them up. While the workers at the warehouse packs them on a skid for ups to take, the UPS driver can only take as much as they can. So they may delay it by a day or so. Call again tomorrow afternoon and have them check the back room as well. Sometimes it can be hidden there.

I remember when I put my iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB on hold at my local store, I went to pick it up the next day and told me they can't find it and sold it. It took them an hour to find it hidden in the back lol.

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around
Hey Meowmix,

Thanks a lot for that info. It's much appreciated as it gives some insight into an otherwise not really very transparent process :).

I will call again tomorrow afternoon and will keep you guys posted.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qubit

Hopefully they have it!

writergal
I Plan to Stick Around

Why does Rogers have to send that form email about one's place in line every week - even if your place in line hasn't changed?  Why bother?  My spot hasn't changed much since the big jump, save for going one spot up after someone cancelled.  Still #6 open.  Have been there for at least a week.  Probably won't change for another week.  At least.  Actually, I'd be surprised if I get my phone before US Thanksgiving.

kdw10
I'm Here A Lot

I also received confirmation that my Iphone 7 Plus 128GB shipped on Tuesday. However, I haven't received a call from my Rogers Plus store. I did call them on the 9th and they said they would be receiving a shipment later that day. Should I call again the 12th? Or should I be expecting it on the 14th since that will be a Monday as opposed to a weekend?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @writergal

They do that as they said they would send weekly updates. It's all said in the conformation email and on the actual reservation page.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kdw10

I would say just call them tomorrow and see. If not Monday then.

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

HI,

An update on my side: (Received the 'shippped' email on Tuesday) I called the store again today (and told them to check the back) and they told me they haven't gotten it yet either. I wonder if there's a chance they may get it tomorrow? otherwise, I will recheck Monday....

Coming from toronto there must be some kind of delay with UPS because it shoudl arrive the next day...

kdw10
I'm Here A Lot
Yea I was wondering why it's taking so long to ship within the city. Guess it has to be a delay with UPS.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qubit @kdw10

Most likely a delay with UPS. Sometimes as is said they may not pick up the unit from the warehouse for another day or two. Logitech sent me a email saying my Harmony Elite remote was shipped out but UPS picked it up 2 days later. I noticed UPS does this alot.

kdw10
I'm Here A Lot
So I called today. They received my order and had the wrong iPhone 7 model under my name. I called days prior to confirm what phone was ordered to make sure and they still got it wrong. I swear they make it difficult to talk to representative over the phone because you have to go through a million automated questions and when you do speak to an actual person, they can't help you.

writergal
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't blame you, @kdw10!  This is why I'm not even sure if I should bother contacting them this time around (though I'm not sure when exactly I'm even going to move up to "Processing."  I already got my phone this time two years ago). 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kdw10

Oh no :(. I have heard this happening but it's rare I noticed. Have you tried tried pressing 0000 until u hit someone? Then ask for a manager and escalate it to the office of the President. See what they can do.