cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

World_of_Noise
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone hear anything about the next shipment yet? I moved up a whole bunch a couple weeks ago and haven't moved since. Sitting at #13 for 7+ 128Gb Jet Black.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @World_of_Noise

Unfortunately no one here knows when the shipments will come.. As i indicated not even Rogers knows. So sadly u won't get the answer u are looking for.

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

hey guys,

you can tell from istocknow.com there was a big shipment of 256GB 7+ jet blacks to the apple stores.  alll stores across canada shows stock.  the 128GB version seems to be the rare one to get.  

it's pretty hard to find the higher capacity 7+ matte blacks too.  those are as rare as the jet blacks.

as tim cook says, they don't expect to hit equilibrium of supply and demand until sometime in Q1 2017 so don't be surprised if you sit in queue for a while.  Apple has to fill their own online orders and supply stock at their own stores.  Rogers is like 3rd in line to get stock along with Bell and Telus.  I have a buddy who's a mobile VP at Telus and their stock is just as slim.  As much as you can hate on rogers, we really have no other choices in Canada.   Apple is as much to blame on this as rogers is.  Tim Cook should go back to COO and run supply chain and leave the innovation to someone more creative.

eventhough i received my phone already, i still find myself checking apple supplies and stock.  Maybe it's the shareholder in me.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @charles1977

I agree with you and that's something many haven't understood or seen. I get that they see devices at Rogers stores and not at the reservation but the stores only have 1-2 devices and even they aren't told if those were reservations or even demo units but told to sell them. As per my post, my store sold me a sealed demo unit they were supposed to have ( same normal iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB but for demo use).

writergal
I Plan to Stick Around

Are other colours (i.e. not JB or even matte black) more likely to be available?  I'm beginning to consider other colours.  I mean, I have a case, right? 

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

Writergal,

The other colors other than black or jet black are definitely more easier to get.

I know i've walked into a bunch of rogers stores in the past and asked them if they had any jet blacks for the 7plus. Everytime they would respond by saying "no, but we have the gold and rose gold available".

Just doing a quick check on istocknow, you can see that their is stock of other colors available.

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

Another week is gone... here's the story of my wait:

Reservation of iphone 7+ matte black 128Gb on September 23rd:

On Sept 30th: place in line 877

On October 7th: place in line 788

On October 14th: place in line 66

On October 21st: place in line 65

On October 28th: place in line 53

On November 4th: place in line 51

It feels like they forgot about us in line....Not looking too great.... anyone else wants to share?

bqureshi
I Plan to Stick Around
@Qubit

Sure...lets see,

Pre-ordered my 7+ JB 256 GB at 7:58am on Sept 9th 2016 in position #3 of #3
Sept 17 - still in position 3
Sept 24 - "
Oct 1 - "
Oct 10 - "
Oct 21 - "
Oct 26 - "
Nov 1 - "
Nov 5 - still in position 3

Try that on for size...

gulati
I've Been Around

I am on the corporate side and received my 7+ gold 128 just this past wednesday.

Here's my story/timeline:

Sep 9 - Pre-ordered through myrogers - position was #30.

Sep 14 - Reservation cancelled by Rogers as the account is setup as a 'corporate account'. 

Sep 14 to Sep 26 - Advised by several representatives that reservation will be honoured and will get transferred to corporate side automatically i.e. no action required.

Sep 27 - Reached a manager who explained that a new reservation needs to be placed on the corporate side.

Sep 27 - Order placed again - was # 135 in the queue. I was promised that the order will be escalated.

Sep 28 to Oct 18 - Position moved from 135 to 118. Made several attempts to get the order escalated as promised while re-ordering.

Oct 19 - Order escalated by a manager.

Oct 29 - Status changed from 'In progress fullfillment' to 'In progress' to 'In Progress Finalization' - all in one day.

Nov 1 - Order shipped and closed.

Nov 2 - Received my 7+ gold.

bqureshi
I Plan to Stick Around

Just another quick update, looks like all of our orders for the 7 JB (128GB and 256 GB) have either dropped signaficantly in the qeue or are now changing status to shipped or in progress finalization. Still no change however on any of the 7 Plus JB orders, still sitting in position #3 since pre-order day! FML

nomadman
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there, I'm new to this board and I can't tell if this is a recent message that I'm replying too. I can't see on the posts when they were posted. Yours says "Saturday." I went to page 1 but they looked old so I went to the end of the thread which I thought would be the oldest messages but maybe not. Anyhow, I ordered a 7+ matte black 128GB on Sept 20. I can't remember the specific moves but I started at 1104, there was a big jump at one point, about 600 but since then it's been 1 or 2 spots a day. Today I'm at 108 and it's been on B/O for 7 weeks. I don't know why the put them on the market when they can't fill the orders.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nomadman

The last message you read is the latest post. The first post i made was fine 2 weeks before the launch happened.

Anyways Rogers and all carriers open the pre orders / reservations due to manufactures asking them and also carriers doing it. Even Apple is having hard time getting Plus models too. Believe me it's hard.

roni291522
I've Been Here Awhile

Went from #10 to #6 today for my 7+ MB 256GB!

Really eager to see "Shipped" now!!!!!!! Hopefully next week!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @roni291522

Most likely cancellations but hopefully they get more in!

writergal
I Plan to Stick Around

Question:  Has anyone who went from "Open" to "In Progress" on the consumer side received their phones?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @writergal

Yes plenty have on a few pages back.

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

Roni,

likely cancellations, but  there was a giant shipment of phones to apple stores today.  lots of jet black 7+ 256GB and matte black as well so hopefully rogers got shipment too.  I noticed the movement mostly happens between 6pm and 7pm eastern.  

Writergal,

Most of us received our phones.  However, don't be surprised if it takes you 2 weeks to get it shipped to you once you hit "in progress".  That's how long it took a bunch of us.

writergal
I Plan to Stick Around

@charles1977:  I'm currently sitting at #6 Open, probably because someone cancelled.  Still waiting for that 7Plus JB 128 GB.  The only phones I see available are pink or gold...not really what I want...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @writergal

Yeah because those ones are easier to get. Not many want those ones. Everyone wants the Matte Black or Jet Black in 128GB or 256GB

alty
I've Been Here Awhile
Question: how is it a Rogers store had 2 JB 256 for walkins and there are people on waiting lists since Sept 09? What's the point in reserving when the reservations barley move as all the phones are going to the stores.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @alty

All depends. 4 weeks ago when I got my iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB at my local Rogers store they only have 1 reservation and 2 walk ins. Although one of them was went to be used as a demo device for the store manager, they gave it to me. The other walk in was given to them from the start but no one picked it up due to the amount it costed.

Again seems like a small amount of units slip out and go to the stores BUT we don't know what they are for. Reservations that were cancelled ( by not picking them up in store). Demo unit or what not.