cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

How is the numbering/wait-list set-up anyway? Is the wait list store specific or it's giving an overall number throughout all Rogers stores. My number is going down one-by-one and I am wondering if they're only getting 1 device at a time.

I am currently at #10 for my 7+ 256GB Matte Black! (Business account)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @roni291522

The numbers are Canada wide for each model and color. It has nothing to do with locations or stores or cities.

Most likely cancellations that's why ur going down like that.

bqureshi
I Plan to Stick Around

This whole Roger's iPhone reservation stuff is just a bunch of malarkey! total malarkey!

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, it has to be cancellations. In my case, if I don't get it in the next two weeks I will have to cancel the reservation as I have a big trip ahead.  Do you guys know how long they keep it in the store after receiving it? Do you lose the reservation fee if it goes to the store but you are not there to pick it up?

Also, I understand that estimates are difficult to make... but they do still help if they include it when they think they will receive the next batch. It looks to me that they allocate devices to reservations in batches so they do have some control on the estimates.

If we had as much information as the logistic channels of Rogers the wait would feel so much better... That's my opinion anyways.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @bqureshi

Well it works like that with all reservations. So it's not only for the iPhone. Although the iPhone has more reservations and more users wanting one.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qubit

The store will keep it only for 3 days. You can alternate arrangements with the store manager an see what they can do.

As i said on my first page, once it ships out u will get the reservation fee credited back to u or if u cancel ur reservation.

I agree with what you are saying BUT They have no control on which shipments come in and that's something many don't understand. They do state 6+ weeks on their website which is a indication as per what u are asking but they can't give a actual date if they don't have one and can't get one.

Many companies don't do that unless they are the manufacturer and even then they don't. Rogers did that and had many issues and complaints. Pulled it off due to that. So customers complain because the dates are not accurate and customers complain because Rogers doesn't give a ETA because they have no clue when they get shipments.

So does this mean if there's a stock coming in at some other store (maybe different province) for the device I ordered, will that device be shipped to my store (where I will pick up from) to fulfill my order?

Only then this common wait-list makes sense.

I am hoping I get it by next week (being at #10)

Stores are getting phones ahead of the reservation list.  That is way reservation list is broken.  

You arewiating on 7+ 256GB Matte Black - my store had 2 of these in stock last weekend and anyone could walk in and get it.  I wanted same but 128G.  They did a store serach and found one in a store in next city (20min away).  They held it and I got it last Sat.  Then I cancelled my reservation  (was at 21) and got depostit back.

Rogers should fullfil reservation list before sending out open stock to stores.

Rogers you have Failed.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @roni291522

Some stores but it's rare. Again even Apple stores haven't gotten many Plus models in all colors. Most who got a Matte Black or Jet Black are always out of stock or little to no stock. I was lucky the store got a 256GB JB iPhone 7 Plus but it was a walk in unit. Then I found it that model was supposed to be for the displayer but i got it anyways.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @twilcox99

So i guess by your saying Apple should do the same? Fulfill their own orders before their own stores get them? I know a few people that are waiting for their 128GB JB PLUS with Apple yet some Apple stores got a few a couple weeks ago. Since then they haven't received much.

But i do agree that the reservation system should get first batch ans the second batch should go to the stores ( only a small amount of the second back should go to the stores).

It seems the stores got a small portion (1-2 units) since launch and haven't really sold them as many are still waiting or bought them from Apple. Thus why some stores still have. I have personally contacted over 7 stores on a weekly basis and none of them have gotten at all since 3 weeks ago.

but 2 weeks at #2 - i mean come on - that's laughable.

rogers shoudl just own up to how this reservation system works (or doesn't) and be al ittle more transparent.

what is the point of it if they ship some devices for walk ins? did the walk ins provide a $40 deposit? were they ever given the impression that the reservation system was going to give them prefered access to the phone? NOPE.

Ask a store to do an inventory search.  Many stores across Canad had 7+.   

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @twilcox99

Read my post above. Again stores got units 2-3 weeks ago but never sold them. Also some stores have units devoted towards their displayers and selling them too i noticed. Also some Rogers authorized stores get devices from a different warehouse as they are privatized. Rogers Plus stores get them from the main warehouse but again all depends.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @lucdumont

Also the reservation system doesn't guarantee you will be the first one to get the device before anyone else. It states that on their FAQ, first page of the reservation system and on the side before u did the reservation. Reading is the best thing to do at a time when u do a reservation or pre order.

Now again i agree that the reservation system has flaws and that the devices are heading to Rogers stores before the reservations. It seems like a warehouse issue causing this.

This is part of the problem - stores should not get them if there are people waiting on a wait list.  

I was on wait list from day 1, ended bypassing this by being a 'walkin' to a store that I found had the phone I had orderred (7+ MB 128Gig).  

I should not have to run around to find my new phone when it is reserved.

BTW - I am only talking about Rogers not how Apple sells to in many customers.  To repeat above, if Apple sends 1000phones to Rogers, and Rogers has 1000 people on the list and has 1000 stores.  the 1000 people should be served first - hence the reservation, and stores get 0.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @twilcox99

Unfortunately doesn't work like that. They put most of their shipments towards the reservations and some will go towards the store. Just like how Apple does which is the manufacturer of the iPhone. It's the same thing happening with people which pre ordered with Apple yet still waiting. Yet the stores got them. They are doing the same.

I do agree it needs to change and most if not all should go towards the reservation but unfortunately it's not working like that.

They do need to fix things. That I agree.

Well then this is the last time I am ever going on the registration system. It's ridiculous and honestly what's the point of it all then if the phones go nilly-willy all over the place? What's the benefit of even being on the reservation system?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @lucdumont

That is your choice. At this moment nothing can be done unless u find the device in another location and get it from there. That's all. Business and corporate customers can't do that as barely any Rogers store does business and corporate customers accounts.

writergal
I Plan to Stick Around

So has anyone moved at all since the big jump?  Who actually has a phone in his/her hands?

Of course it is my choice. Much like it is my choice to ditch Rogers one day when I get fed up with their horrible plans, horrible web site (that only works about 60% of the time), and this joke of a reservation system. 

What's your take on what the benefits of reserving via rogers would be?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @lucdumont

You have the option to leave. No one is holding you back. Their plans are very similar to other major carriers which offer the same. Even Wind at one point will change. There isn't much else to go too.

Again the reservation system does it job but has its flaws. They do warn you that you won't be the first to get it and u may not be get it before anyone else but also they should invest in Putting more effort into the system then leaving it like this. As for business and corporate reservations they are on a different view. They have different security systems and different accounts then regular consumer ones.

As for the benefits, normally with other devices you get some sort of pre order bonus( they used to do this with the iPhone but seems like they stopped it). Most do it for that. Some do it because they don't mind waiting for a device as to them it may not be a priority and isn't that important to get it at launch or before anyone else.

Again it all depends. Everyone has a different view.

You might not agree with my opinion but that's your choice.