cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

iiLtnGeneralzZ
I Plan to Stick Around

Things are starting to look I guess, after a month it better be. But on Oct 28, I moved to IN PROGRESS, then on Oct 29 I moved to SHIPPED. So I hope I get my device some time next week.

For those who don't know, I am on CORPORATE side, was position 13 for iPhone 7+ 256GB in Black.

I hope everyone else's order starts moving too.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

hallelujah!

Rogers just called me, my phone is ready to be picked up from the store, going to pick it up today!

See you all again next year or in 2 years when the iphone 8 comes.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

Glad to hear! Enjoy!

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

For me it's the third week without changes in the queue. I'm still 54 in the Black Matte 7+ 128....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qubit

So i was looking back at my old reservation threads I made and i noticed some business and corporate reservations took almost 1-2 months to get even though they had stock. Now I do remember something about the accounts work differently then the consumer ones and that they had more of a security features on them which they have to do activations and such differently. Now this could have changed but this is form reading almost 1,000+ pages within the last two days on my old reservation threads.

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around
Well... I'm on the consumer side and I have been around 54 in the line for about 3 weeks now since the last batch came in. I'm not sure how it can be that there is stock and we're still waiting.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qubit

I do want to know what k causing delays but even the Apple stores in Toronto barely get any Plus models. I call once a day in the morning right when they open for my buddy and he tells me they barely get any and if they do its only 1-3 devices every two days or so.

I'm on the corporate side as well and now i'm #11 in line for the 7+ 256GB Matte Black. I am eagerly waiting.. People on YouTube are making reviews such as "1 month with the 7+" and I'm here sitting like, when am I going to get this!!!!!

Man, It's so hard this time.. Hopefully you get your device soon! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @roni291522

Once you get it, you will love it believe me. Having the iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB is amazing! Not as amazing as the Note 7 but close to it (many features are different).

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

meowmix,

how do you have so many different phones all the time?

do you buy them and then sell them a couple months later to try another phone?

i get like 3 different phones a year.  you definitely top me.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @charles1977

I usually get all the devices that come out. I do upgrades on both my accounts. The only devices I kept was the G3 I got a gift from Rogers, Blackberry Passport and my Priv. The rest I sell and never use the accessories so the value is a bit better. I use them and sell them after. The iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB I might keep. Depending in what the next iPhone pricing is.

twilcox99
I'm Here A Lot

This time I found that the Reservation system failed in a big way.  Tried to log a complaint on this but could not seam to do so from calling in.  From Customer service got a bunch of wrong answers (like stores have access to the resvation list and will call you if they get a phone - they dont and wont unless they get your reserved phone) and they also could not resolve this and referred me back to the store which they could do nothing.

Here is the issue.  Being on a reserved list should put you ahead of anyone not on the list and I would expect Rogers to fullfill this first as you have loyal customers in a queue waiting for their device.  But as I found out Rogers stores are getting phone to sell ahead of anyone waiting.  After a week of running around stores I found my device (same one I had reserved - also during this a store serach was done and same phones were found at stores accross Canada - why is this?) .  As for my reservation - I am still on the list (whcih I just cancelled).  So if the resevation list was proper I should have got my device prior to any shippments to Rogers stores. 

Therefore I find this resevation list to be a fail.  Why offer it to cutsomers if you are going to bypass it.

Very upset and fustrated on this.  For future I surgest you review and correct this.  Also, I would start fullfilling reservations rather then sending out phones to stores.

For anyone reading this who is waiting for their reservation.  Start checking stores if you want your new phone.

thanks

bqureshi
I Plan to Stick Around
So here's an update:
Received 2 out of our total phones ordered yesterday.

128gb iPhone 7 jet black - corp side.

Still no movement on all of our other jet black orders which includes various models and sizes.

Also, still haven't heard back from the exec office regarding our escalation. I can't wait to get the survey for Rogers, worst experience being with them. I wonder what they'd do if I took this to news media...

Elliojoh95
I've Been Here Awhile
Not sure if this is the right place for this question so please don't yell. Originally I did a device reservation but I dropped into a rogers plus Store near my work and was told I couldn't do a line upgrade for three months so that would be mid December (I did this inquiry at the store in October). I don't argue with Rogers Store employees since they are always grumpy. I just nodded said thanks and left. Back at work I cancelled my device reservations assuming there was no point. However I was poking around the myrogers portal last week and found that despite what the women in store said I could go through with my device upgrade online. Fast forward to yesterday I still didn't receive a confirmation email about the upgrade request I placed so I did a online chat and was assured that the upgrade went through but the phone won't be shipped for another 5 days (iPhone 7 128GB Rose Gold). An hour after the chat I got a phone call asking for verification that it was actually me the account owner that placed the upgrade request of course I answered his questions he seemed satisfied with the answers and hung up. My questions are however many, why did I get two answers about my upgrade eligibility with one being wrong? Why have I not received a confirmation email about my order, it seems that I when I originally placed the reservation I got way more information than when I did the upgrade request? The last question is a long shot but any news of when the warehouse will get anymore iPhones, I didn't order any of the black models and I picked a colour that I've been hearing is not very popular in the hopes I would be one of the few to order one thus get it quicker but seems it won't even ship until next week? I hope I don't get yelled at for posting my questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Elliotjoh95

For the confirmation email, sometimes some will not receive it or it may be on ur Junk folder or spam folder. I have placed orders with Rogers and sometimes never receives that email. It does happen sometimes.

As for the question. The stores reps are barely giving any proper answers. Always take whatever they say with a grain of salt.

Elliojoh95
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks for your quick reply! I hope I get my iPhone soon, more than anything I am just frustrated because I was #6 in the reservation cue when I was told I couldn't do the upgrade so now I am back at the bottom.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Elliojoh

Unfortunately that's why never believe them until u see it. If the online portal lets u do the upgrade, u are fine 🙂

lucdumont
I'm Here A Lot

Well I've been stuck at #2 now for over 2 weeks so this system is completely flawed. Anyone who tries to tell me that Rogers has received less than 2 iPhone 7+'s in the last 2 weeks must think I'm really dumb.

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed. I've been stuck in the 50s since the last big batch adn no moves since then.

It'd be nice if in the status page they include a time estimate too....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @lucdumont

No one is saying that. Rogers has received them but seems only a small batch and seems that they went to the stores instead. Even the Apple stores in Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary barely get Plus models as i noticed every day. So i do wonder what is causing this delay.

The store I went too about 2 weeks ago, they had 2 reservation for a 256GB JB iPhone 7 Plus and 1 walk in unit. I got the walk in unit as i returned my Note 7 due to the recall and the guy was there to pick his up. His wife was waiting for the 128GB JB PLUS model.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qubit

Again as much as i want to.agree with the ETA, they won't do it for obvious reasons as i said before. They did it and sometimes failed, many complained so they took it down.