cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @rich81

Incorrect . Seems like they once again they are giving false information. In Progress means that they have the device and getting it ready to ship. Unfortunately this has happened before.

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

i dunno what to believe anymore.

i just find it hard to believe it can take someone 2 weeks to ship something.  every iphone release, it's take only 2 to 3 days to ship once in progress.  this definitely unprecedented for me.

i think the warehouse guys kept the phone for themselves cause the 128GB jet black is hard to find, so they figured they'll just ship it when the next batch comes in.

which is why i'm going to be proactive and bug the heck out of every rogers store in vancouver until i get it.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

I talked to Rogers today, they said my phone suppose to come either this week or next week, and once it says "shipped" it will take between 3-5 business days to ship it!

I even called the store they suppose to ship at, they said only 1 person received this model (7+ 128 jet black) and was on the reservation list and said to call  back oto see whether they received any of them in this model recently.

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

hey ziglaub,

They just pretty much gave you a generic answer to keep you calm and satisfied.

The rogers rep wouldn't have a clue when you will get it.

It all depends on the warehouse at this point, and we have absolutely no control  over it now.  there is no way of contacting anyone at the warehouse either.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

You should know by now that answer is generic and that they don't have thay information. The warehouse doesn't communicate to anyone outside of their warehouse and also the reps have no way of seeing when a reservation will ship out...

So take it with a grain of salt

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

Dont beleive what the reps say, they have no idea and are guessing just like the rest of us

very bad on Rogers part..

the closest i have ever gotten to the truth is @Meowmix

and im pretty sure he is guessing too, but at least there is years of experiance on this side of the table, behind it

i was told so many things by so many reps,, sooooo frustrating, glad i finally got it, but im a lot grey-er

@charles1977 you still dont have your phone?? ours went in progress at the same time for the same phone

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around
Jeffyjoe,
Nope haven't received it yet. That's why I'm mad. I'm well aware of some people already having it in hand that went into in progress stage at the exact same time as me. I'm not even out of in progess status yet.

JT_Perry
I've Been Around

It seems like pretty much everyone here is waiting for their 7+ in Jet Black.

Anyone waiting for their regular 7 128 in Matte Black? 

My position hasn't moved since I placed the order two weeks ago. I find it hard to believe that they haven't filled a single order of my phone in the past 2 weeks. 

Docrob29
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm waiting for mine in Matte Black 128GB 7+.

What number and are you still open or in progress....

samsam1
I've Been Here Awhile
that's strange... mine went into progress monday night , and by tuesday night it was already shipped! took way too long to become in progress but at leat im glad they shipped it quickly!

Staveros
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, atleast the consumer group is getting phones. I've only moved places because of cancellations. That's it. In fact, my co-worker is actually catching me and closing the gap. I used to be 40 spots ahead of him, now he's caught up halfway and only 19 spots behind me. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in some of the "executive" meetings about the subject on reservations, and the system in which they operate. 

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

@Staveros wrote:

Hey, atleast the consumer group is getting phones. I've only moved places because of cancellations. That's it. In fact, my co-worker is actually catching me and closing the gap. I used to be 40 spots ahead of him, now he's caught up halfway and only 19 spots behind me. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in some of the "executive" meetings about the subject on reservations, and the system in which they operate. 

@Staveros

I'll give you a preview of that meeting:

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe..."

lol

Hey guys! We're all for light hearted banter but let's be sure we keep it on-topic going forward!

Thanks.

RogersCorey

phong3012
I've Been Here Awhile
Hey Guys!
For who are waiting on Jet Black iPhone 7+. Just check today at Apple square one,there are some plus available including jet black.

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm also waiting for the Matte black 7+ 128

I'm 55 in the line, still open.

Docrob29
I Plan to Stick Around

Where is this?????

Cause there nothing in Toronto 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qubit

Most of Canada hasn't received any at all. Checked yesterday all say and just right now.

roni291522
I've Been Here Awhile

Initially pre-ordered the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Jet Black (on 29-Sep-2016) and apparently that order got cancelled automatically!!!

So re-ordered a iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Matte Black (changed my mind and went with matte) on 24-Oct-2016 and I am #26 in line and the status is open! I hope I dont have to wait much longer!

Hoping I get it in the next week or so! Can't believe how hard it is this time.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @roni291522

I got the iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB at my local Rogers store almost a week ago and didn't reserve it or anything. They only had 2 but one was set for someone else and u got the last one. Lucky enough. They only received those two.

It seems like even the Apple store is not getting any if not any Plus models. Checked the site on a daily basis and nothing.

Hopefully they start getting more in!

The thing is I cannot even go through any regular Rogers store as Im upgrading from my wife's business account (she works at Magna). So I only have to deal with this 1 store located in Richmond Hill, ON.

So even if there's stock anywhere else, I dont think I can get it from those anyway!

We ordered 2 devices, iphone 7 Plus 128GB Rose Gold (order placed on 05-Oct-2016) and my wife's going to pick up today! So her device is here.. Im still eagerly waiting.

EDIT: roni291522 is my account as well, that was created by mistake.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @roni2915

Ahh makes sense. Yes that is correct. Yeah unfortunately the other locations don't have the authorization to access business and corporate accounts.